Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk needs to evolve - page 2. (Read 2774 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
May 07, 2013, 03:51:36 PM
Looking for someone to create/modify software for this forum [5500+ BTC]

The forum has a shit-ton of money in donations, and has been meaning to get new software for a while. But it's not happening for whatever reason.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
May 07, 2013, 03:33:23 PM
I would even go for a pay wall section of the forums. Or a pay to post, free to read section. In any case there needs to be a place for grown-ups to talk and organize. Every time a serious economic discussion gets going someone comes in with crap about the Illuminati or UFOs and makes us all look like confused, illiterate children raised on the history channel.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 07, 2013, 03:25:42 PM
I think it won't be news for anyone if I say this forum has gotten ridiculously large; so much so that it's actually getting hard to digest everything that's going on in here if you don't spend your time 24/7 on the forum. I think the software that empowers this forum, SMF, as it stands now, it's a bit lacking for Bitcointalk. I am the only the one thinking this?

One way that this forum could benefit tremedously for instance is if it had a voting system. I'm not talking about turning Bitcointalk into reddit, but damn, how much I wish sometimes that I could sort the posts in a thread by quality, so I could find the good, relevant posts quickly given the good will of the community to upvote the good stuff instead of skimming through dozens of pages of "lolz me too". Something like this would require modding SMF, but from a technical standpoint it's probably doable. What do you think?

Folks, let's discuss this and other ways to evolve Bitcointalk. I haven't been member for long, but it didn't take me long either to realize the forum is exploding at a faster pace than admins and mods are able to handle, and this sure is a problem if Bitcointalk is to stay for a while longer.
Pages:
Jump to: