Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Official Twitter Handle will get Disabled due to Zero Activities! - page 2. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
You arose good point here mate. In fact i was not even aware of a twitter handle of bitcointalk as there is no activity since 2018 maybe that's why. I was writing a post and when i refreshes another page, website was down, well, i was able to copy the post so that I don't have to write it again. Well, then i waited for it's retrieval. Point is, if we have another way to get notifications of such incidents we will remain calm as today show has really scared me, (for a reason).

I hope the moderators of this platform still have access to this twitter handle.
Activity: 574
Merit: 554
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I just went through the Twitter page of the forum and I discovered that most of the tweets there are related to denial-of-service attacks. Maybe what we experience today is not a DDoS attack but another kind of network problem, so nothing to worry about. I also guess that this forum is not social media savvy which is why it's Twitter and other social media account is not bubbling with activities. I was also concerned about today's downtime because it lasted for a long time. If the administrators are not comfortable with social media, it will not be a bad idea to devise other means of reaching out to members in times of emergencies.
Activity: 448
Merit: 271
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Today's downtime which according to me was for a few hours, created a panic among a lot of users. Considering how a famous Bitcoin Mixer was shut down suddenly and next, we read that MODS are not supposed to join the Bitcoin mixture signature campaign. This panic is justified, don't you think so?

What happened in the past doesnot matter. What happened today after a sudden closure of a campaign promted me to check the official Twitter handle. After 2018 there were none as in tweets from the official handle. Considering the amount of time, the forum was down. Rather, keeping users questioning, who are active, engaged, and were concerned of this situation. I think it is the right time to activate the Twitter handle active. That will relax a lot of members.

If the handle does not get activated then according to Mr. Doge Twit who owns the platform, inactive users will now get their accounts disabled. The last tweet from the official Twitter handle of Bitcointalk was in 2018. If another tweet does not come up then the only official handle will get disabled.

Can @theymos look into reactivating Twitter?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: