Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk user Joerii passed away... - page 3. (Read 657 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
September 16, 2023, 06:39:35 AM

Yes, the Gofundme has reached the expected amount to cover some initial costs. But to stay in their house, a little more (around €32.000 more) is still needed, so it's still open for donations.

I don't expect to find donations on a forum where everyone is pretty much anonymous but every Euro counts...

I don't understand why they only put €16,000 as a goal, then, and not €32,000, I guess with the emotional shock they didn't think about it properly. Don't they accept donations in Bitcoin, apart from gofundme? For a previous forum member I suppose it would be logical but I imagine that the wife or the person who organized the gofundme may not have a clue.
Activity: 994
Merit: 277
September 16, 2023, 06:28:39 AM
I do not know him, probably because he was not that active again after August 2017. May his soul rest in peace.

Me neither, probably for the same reason but I felt a little sorry for him because he looked young. In the end, Bitcointalk is like life itself, with the only difference that we don't see each other's faces here.

I see the gofundme has exceeded the expected amount already, at least it will help the wife and kids a little with material issues. May he rest in peace.

Thank you.

Yes, the Gofundme has reached the expected amount to cover some initial costs. But to stay in their house, a little more (around €32.000 more) is still needed, so it's still open for donations.

Quoted from the article in "Noordhollands Dagblad":

Zijn familie is nu een inzamelingsactie gestart. Doel is om vijftigduizend euro op te halen. ’Joeri was de enige kostwinner van zijn jonge gezin. Joeri heeft twee jonge meisjes die voor de rest van hun leven zonder hun vader moeten. We zullen als familie er alles aan doen om te zorgen dat zijn vrouw opgevangen wordt, financieel geholpen wordt, en wordt bijgestaan in iedere stap van dit gruwelijke verwerkingsproces’, aldus de tekst bij de inzamelingsactie.

translated:

His family has now started a fundraising campaign. The goal is to raise fifty thousand euros. 'Yuri was the sole breadwinner of his young family. Joeri has two young girls who have to live without their father for the rest of their lives. As a family, we will do everything we can to ensure that his wife is taken care of, is helped financially, and is assisted in every step of this gruesome recovery process," says the text of the fundraising campaign.

I don't expect to find donations on a forum where everyone is pretty much anonymous but every Euro counts...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
September 16, 2023, 06:04:52 AM
I do not know him, probably because he was not that active again after August 2017. May his soul rest in peace.

Me neither, probably for the same reason but I felt a little sorry for him because he looked young. In the end, Bitcointalk is like life itself, with the only difference that we don't see each other's faces here.

I see the gofundme has exceeded the expected amount already, at least it will help the wife and kids a little with material issues. May he rest in peace.
September 16, 2023, 05:53:36 AM

Not sure where to post this, "serious discussion" seemed the most fit.
You supposed to post it on reputation board. Move it to reputation board. Just scroll down on this thread, you will see move topic, click on it and move it to reputation board.

Thank you, I have moved it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
September 16, 2023, 05:48:35 AM

Not sure where to post this, "serious discussion" seemed the most fit.
You supposed to post it on reputation board. Move it to reputation board. Just scroll down on this thread, you will see move topic, click on it and move it to reputation board.
September 16, 2023, 05:29:19 AM
A few days ago I got the news that Bitcointalk member Joerii (Joeri Pross) passed away, leaving behind a wife and 2 young kids.

A lot of you may have known him as he was one of the "oldbie" users on this forum and community manager for a lot of projects, like Factom.

He went missing august 30th and his body was found september 2nd.

https://hypercube-agency.com/in-memory-of-joeri-pross/

https://www.noordhollandsdagblad.nl/cnt/dmf20230902_29844675

https://www.noordhollandsdagblad.nl/cnt/dmf20230904_76160519

As stated in the second article, there's a "GoFundMe" started for his wife and kids.
Already 585 donations have been made and €18,315 has been raised.

~ Turing

Pages:
Jump to: