Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk vs. YouTube from an educational viewpoint - page 3. (Read 289 times)

Activity: 321
Merit: 20
For Bitcoin, YouTube and Bitcointalk offer a lot of content but what do we need to consider when it comes about evaluating Bitcointalk and YouTube from an educational viewpoint?

You cannot compare YouTube to bitcoin
I have not compared YouTube and Bitcoin.
I have compared YouTube and Bitcointalk - from an educational viewpoint, like where we have better content for education.

Activity: 812
Merit: 560
For Bitcoin, YouTube and Bitcointalk offer a lot of content but what do we need to consider when it comes about evaluating Bitcointalk and YouTube from an educational viewpoint?

You cannot compare YouTube to bitcoin, the purpose of the creation of each platform is what should be considered first before we can know what to say about each of them, they are both serving their purpose, bitcoin was created by its developer Satoshi for bitcoin discussions with other people from all over the world, youth is just for posting visual contents on various things to enlight, inform and educate others, so I will rather say that bitcointalk is educative on its own aspect and same as YouTube.
This thread most have cost you quite some efforts. I believe it could have been summarized that Bitcointalk provide accurate information's compared to YouTube
To be sincere, I don't see why they should be compared
Because it is important to know to apply big caution to YouTuber's video. Wrong / biased information in YouTube videos happens often.
See YouTuber's hype video is not good advice.
Still, YouTube is very famous and uneducated / new people can get wrong / misleading information.

BTT should be compared with Github
It's really difficult to compare Bitcointalk and GitHub because it's fundamental different site. GitHub is for professionals, coders and builders, to exchange coding stuff, make it available. Bitcointalk is for researching and asking questions, offering Bitcoin services, normal project announcements and very important: forum discussions also for normal people, ike Beginners and Help.
Bitcointalk does not offer download and upload because of security risk.
It's a very different structure.

Activity: 308
Merit: 143
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This thread most have cost you quite some efforts. I believe it could have been summarized that Bitcointalk provide accurate information's compared to YouTube
To be sincere, I don't see why they should be compared
BTT should be compared with Github
Not YouTube that's now filled with clickbaits
Like coin to buy to make 300000%.
If one is looking for accurate information or education on the crytospace
Then Github and Bitcointalk would be recommended by me.
Education about how to store, send and know Bitcoin’s technology [Blockchain] properly, is very important, as losses from hacks, coins stolen on centralized exchanges, mistakes by storing backup copies, sending to a wrong address, phishing sites, malware stealer or different scams have shown repeatedly.

Bitcoin is not easy to understand and education can help us to understand it correctly for avoiding mistakes.

YouTube

Numbered in clicks, YouTube is a top source of crypto, where many videos are available. We have special YouTubers doing content about Bitcoin and Crypto. But unfortunately, information quality on YouTube is not very high for most videos because of hype and clickbait videos.
Education requires a detailed research and most YouTubers are not doing a detailed research, it’s mostly staying generic information. Many new videos added every day are also a problem because quality if suffering = quality vs quantity.

An even bigger problem on YouTube is an artificial hype to attract more viewers and get more clicks.
Because it’s an important point for each YouTuber to generate clicks and views and followers. Hate, FUD, propaganda and unproven speculations are a key part of YouTuber’s attention whoring, too. And it is damaging for society when hate, FUD, propaganda or unproven claims are made.
Outrageous claims like launching speculative fake hype videos are a key strategy from many YouTubers to get clicks and views and followers.
= YouTubers want to create hype to increase clicks, not quality information.

It is always similar strategy for YouTubers to create hype instead of presenting normal information. It is very dangerous for us because accurate information is not presented. Instead, reality is hyped and exaggerated.
In many cases, YouTubers are paid by Altcoin projects to present certain Altcoins in a positive way, to create hype and to shill an Altcoin. For a high payment by projects, many YouTubers will only mention positive facts and forget often to inform about risks and flaws of a project to get many followers to invest.
Or it's about a shady exchange, where YouTubers will also get a profit if you sign up from a referral link.
= information quality is suffering and sometimes very misleading

It is very important for us to know YouTuber's hype video is not good advice, it is not really about education in many YouTuber’s video and we need to know YouTuber’s shady tricks.

A detailed description how YouTube deceives viewers can be found in my topic YouTuber's hype video is not good advice

Bitcointalk

Bitcointalk is very different from YouTube because Bitcointalk is a forum.
A forum is a much better approach to get accurate information, because in Bitcointalk it's easy for writers to go into detail by a structured and detailed text, it can be a guide, where we can re-read all important information, presented step by step.
Next, someone else comes and contributes his own knowledge on top of former comments in Bitcointalk, where additional knowledge is added and former knowledge get peer-reviewed.

In general, a forum is less based on hype, it is more text and more about education. It is less stressful to do our research in texts, it’s like a big library.
= Library can be boring sometimes but it’s always high quality content.

YouTube is mostly based on hype, accurate information comes second.
= YouTube is like a big circus. And like in circus, we will get a spectacular show and also clowns but little education.

Bitcointalk is suited for education, YouTube just for hype and YouTubers are milking hype.

In Bitcointalk as well, we can find very detailed guides, explanations from many experienced developers.
It's a large range of knowledge from many people, where everyone can contribute his knowledge.
While for such YouTubers, it is often only half-baked content, many YouTubers lack coding knowledge and when such people do a video, it might contain not very accurate information. In YouTube, how to generate clicks is more important.

My first choice for education is Bitcointalk, by far.
Pages:
Jump to: