Pages:
Author

Topic: BITFINEX crashed, bitcoin price falls. Will it recover? - page 4. (Read 3037 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
When Mt Gox failed, it took us almost 1-2 years to recover. However, this time round the impact will be smaller. I guess it will take 1-2 months.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Sexually abused whore.
If you do think it will recover, how long?

by next week this will all be behind us and the price should be back up around $600
Maybe. Maybe not. 119,756 BTC were confirmed stolen in the hack.

So?

Are you trying to say the stolen coins will be dumped?

Because that's not likely.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
it may actually take time for bitcoin to get back to 650. like what happened before it has to once again build trust.

perfect time to buy cheap coins. please people, dont regret buying them cheap

treat this saga as a discount day.

Bought $100 worth. Why not? This is your one chance to ever get them this cheap. Buy up while you can people! To the mooooooon Wink. Seriously though, I think this will get the volatility going that we do desperately need in the market right now. No one gets excited over flat prices!

you could have bought the newer coin which is becoming popular this time. ETC would be much better to go with, can potentially go up any moment and no one controls it.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

Bought $100 worth. Why not? This is your one chance to ever get them this cheap. Buy up while you can people! To the mooooooon Wink. Seriously though, I think this will get the volatility going that we do desperately need in the market right now. No one gets excited over flat prices!

I did the same thing. Was planning to replenish a little anyway following a Purse purchase, but rounded up on the news of the hack and crash as the market always overreacts.

This is too bad though. Once again we are reminded not to leave funds entrusted to a 3rd party. It leaves a big juicy target for thieves, as opposed to them chasing after individuals one at a time. 

One thing I haven't seen covered yet in any detail is culpabilty and restitution. Assuming the thieve(s) are not caught, is there any insurance coverage, or does Bitfinex have the deep pockets and willingness to provide any restitution? Were all users at Bitfinex wiped out or just some, or just partially?
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

by next week this will all be behind us and the price should be back up around $600
Maybe. Maybe not. 119,756 BTC were confirmed stolen in the hack.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

Activity: 70

Hope that will happen. I guess some bitcoin owners are panicking right now bout the BITFINEX security breach. What will happen to bitcoin now. It continues from falling hope it stop.
Activity: 112
Sexually abused whore.

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: