Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfinex exchange owner admits to using inside information to trade on own platf - page 2. (Read 3926 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Any unregulated unaudited exchange can engage in insider trading completely risk free very easily.  They can make a lot of money doing so.  It is so easy to do, and so easy to hide, that it would surprise me if any of them are not doing it.  This is one of several reasons that I avoid using any online exchanges.

Regulated and audited markets are just as corrupted if not more.
But these practices conducted in regulated markets IS often quote on quote 'illegal'. Shame the securities and exchange commissioners are usually in on the act too.
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
Any unregulated unaudited exchange can engage in insider trading completely risk free very easily.  They can make a lot of money doing so.  It is so easy to do, and so easy to hide, that it would surprise me if any of them are not doing it.  This is one of several reasons that I avoid using any online exchanges.

Regulated and audited markets are just as corrupted if not more.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
Any unregulated unaudited exchange can engage in insider trading completely risk free very easily.  They can make a lot of money doing so.  It is so easy to do, and so easy to hide, that it would surprise me if any of them are not doing it.  This is one of several reasons that I avoid using any online exchanges.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
well, tben you agree with the price manipulation and to lose the funds as well Smiley

MT gox did that without any problem, All the BIG exchangers are faking the transactions and manipulating the price.

It's so funny to see these videos:  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnCuzAOJCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awU8c8fN2LI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5wr0ejWLw

Do you think the new exchange by the Winklevii will also be manipulated? thats why I want decentralization, its so difficult to trust people these days lol.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
well, tben you agree with the price manipulation and to lose the funds as well Smiley

MT gox did that without any problem, All the BIG exchangers are faking the transactions and manipulating the price.

It's so funny to see these videos:  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnCuzAOJCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awU8c8fN2LI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5wr0ejWLw

Activity: 420
Merit: 117
I'm not fine with the insider trading, but I almost consider this to be the price of entry into the BTC world. I can live with it. It is going to happen when the market is unregulated. What I am really not okay with is price manipulation. Knowing if something is going up or down is one thing, but knowing that and then adjusting the price as well is not okay.

Decentralized exchanging exists. Use LocalBitcoins. The very meaning of decentralized does not require a huge exchange platform. Exchanges are in it to make money, not play trust games for fun and the love of BTC.
Ask yourself - in an unregulated, unsupervised, and completely unaccountable environment, why would anyone NOT do this?

The entire idea of markets is that participants and actors are constantly competing for the bigger share of the pie and/or creating bigger portions then fighting over the slices. Either way, it's all a competition.

COMPETITION.

He just played and won the game according to the rules of the market - that is, no rules at all. Aside from anyone's idea of 'honest trading' which frankly without agreed and standardized regulation, it just an individual preference.

Enforcement, mutual social agreement call law and regulations are inevitable basic flow of human nature. Question is how you handle it, not whether you can do without it. Same as everything else people normally consider 'oppressed' by.
Totally agreed. I know regulation these days is a tool which serves the wealthy but it wasn't always that way. I am all for regulation as long as its by the people, for the people, enforced by the people. Just I can't see that happening again.

In fact after getting into Liberalism for just a little while I was against regulation and had a debate with my father on the issue. He actually made me change my mind. The wealth gap would be 10x larger if it wasn't for some kind of regulation and moderate tax policies. You can see this in the period 1800-1910 through out Europe where 1% owned 60%/70% of the nations wealth. Progressive polices developed between 1910 and 1960s put an end to such wealth disparity (+2 world wars and the great depression) and for the better I would argue. We would have no middle class today if it wasn't for this fundamental shift in national policies observed throughout the west.

It actually makes my blood boil when citizens from less privileged backgrounds argue that somehow letting fat cats do whatever the hell they want is going to be for the betterment of society. The sad fact is that policy makers have been making a u-turn since the 70's and 80's for the benefit of a select few (similar to policies adopted throughout the 19th century) and since we have seen a trend reversal in wealth disparity.

You can literally guarantee that, without a change of course, the 21st century is going to give rise to the importance of inheritance for wealth once again.   
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
LOL, I can bet every exchange involve  insider trading.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Ask yourself - in an unregulated, unsupervised, and completely unaccountable environment, why would anyone NOT do this?

The entire idea of markets is that participants and actors are constantly competing for the bigger share of the pie and/or creating bigger portions then fighting over the slices. Either way, it's all a competition.

COMPETITION.

He just played and won the game according to the rules of the market - that is, no rules at all. Aside from anyone's idea of 'honest trading' which frankly without agreed and standardized regulation, it just an individual preference.

Enforcement, mutual social agreement call law and regulations are inevitable basic flow of human nature. Question is how you handle it, not whether you can do without it. Same as everything else people normally consider 'oppressed' by.

Vast majority of these 'problems' are of crypto community's own making. Get out there and join/work with rest of the society, instead of screaming from your soapbox about how revolutionary you are.
I think we need a decentralized exchange , for trade directly  buyer <> seller without any intermediary  (like bitsquare).

I think we need a decentralized transparent exchange

There is already a transparent exchange..  Atomic-Trade.com

Just look at the real time liquidity page https://www.atomic-trade.com/liquidity  .  Just needs volume but people obviously don't like to use transparent exchanges without fake volume. 
No fiat thought, It would be good to see flows between BTC and fiat day by day, month by month etc.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I think we need a decentralized exchange , for trade directly  buyer <> seller without any intermediary  (like bitsquare).

There is already a transparent exchange..  Atomic-Trade.com

Just look at the real time liquidity page https://www.atomic-trade.com/liquidity  .  Just needs volume but people obviously don't like to use transparent exchanges without fake volume. 

Grin  this is my real post :

"I think we need a decentralized exchange , for trade directly  buyer <> seller without any intermediary  (like bitsquare)." 

Maybe one day....
My bad - edited....
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market

Grin  this is my real post :

"I think we need a decentralized exchange , for trade directly  buyer <> seller without any intermediary  (like bitsquare)." 

Maybe one day....
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!

This is fun.

Well ideally it would be decentralized, thats what Satoshi intended with Bitcoin, decentralization.
As far as Bitifinex goes, I used to wonder about their legitimacy, but their volume is pretty high, so they are making good money from commissions, and it is in their better interest to continue running the exchange well than to abscond with depositors' funds. Not sure about legal recourse if they failed, but Hong Kong has a well-deserved reputation for fair business practices. Note: Bitfinex is definitely in Hong Kong because the SWIFT number used in routing is location-specific.

I dont know about the inside information thing tho.
Unfortunately there is a real world out there owned by real people.... Or should I say owned by real banks Wink

(that isn't a dig at you)
legendary
Activity: 868

Well ideally it would be decentralized, thats what Satoshi intended with Bitcoin, decentralization.
As far as Bitifinex goes, I used to wonder about their legitimacy, but their volume is pretty high, so they are making good money from commissions, and it is in their better interest to continue running the exchange well than to abscond with depositors' funds. Not sure about legal recourse if they failed, but Hong Kong has a well-deserved reputation for fair business practices. Note: Bitfinex is definitely in Hong Kong because the SWIFT number used in routing is location-specific.

I dont know about the inside information thing tho.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
The bad press due the shitty centralized exchanges is not BTC's fault. MtGox?. I rode that wave. Bitstamp? same. There was nothing wrong with the protocol. It was everyone's misperception that stealing from a bank meant the currency was bad. Bitcoin continued to do all the bad ass things it was designed to do throughout
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

explain how that would be possible when dealing with fiat.

He didn't think when he wrote that. Smiley  forgive him !

At least check this site  (beta) : https://bitsquare.io/

It is possible ....

Nice...is it live?  Being used?
Pages:
Jump to: