Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfinex HACKED - funds stolen ! - page 8. (Read 32116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 12, 2016, 02:50:24 PM
everyone's there for the margin. if that don't get up and running again then there's absolutely zero reason to use bitfinex at all. the whole place is geared towards that so there's no point trying to interpret figures without it.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
August 12, 2016, 01:53:53 PM

Volumes are still pretty good, even after all thats happens. The BFXtoken is only 0.28 right now which is a little disapointing.  I shall be holding out for the $1 pay back or equity though and trading it any chances.

I'm quite amazed that the volume has returned so fast. It may be just the traders thinking that the only way to get their BFXtokens transformed again is to generate a lot of trading fees.. Which would mean that they are paying themselves Wink

The BFXtoken will likely increase in price if there are signs of the exchange recovering funds, or generating enough in fees, or finding investors, etc. It might drop lower if in time there is no sign of recovery of the exhange.

they are Bitfinex's bots as usual and idiots Smiley

Absolutely, there's no way I would trust their trading volume claims right now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
August 12, 2016, 01:51:26 PM

Volumes are still pretty good, even after all thats happens. The BFXtoken is only 0.28 right now which is a little disapointing.  I shall be holding out for the $1 pay back or equity though and trading it any chances.

I'm quite amazed that the volume has returned so fast. It may be just the traders thinking that the only way to get their BFXtokens transformed again is to generate a lot of trading fees.. Which would mean that they are paying themselves Wink

The BFXtoken will likely increase in price if there are signs of the exchange recovering funds, or generating enough in fees, or finding investors, etc. It might drop lower if in time there is no sign of recovery of the exhange.

they are the Bitfinex's bots as usual and idiots Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
August 12, 2016, 01:15:43 PM

Volumes are still pretty good, even after all thats happens. The BFXtoken is only 0.28 right now which is a little disapointing.  I shall be holding out for the $1 pay back or equity though and trading it any chances.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 12, 2016, 12:43:15 PM

Volumes are still pretty good, even after all thats happens. The BFXtoken is only 0.28 right now which is a little disapointing.  I shall be holding out for the $1 pay back or equity though and trading it any chances.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
August 12, 2016, 12:22:42 PM
Wow, an exchange rapes the tight little anus of mountains o' bitcoiners and the victims response is to stock up on butt lube. I gotta open me a Bitcoin exchange.

let's be partners. I can give them plenty of lube and I will be very gentle. 100% success.      LOL

The sad part for me is I would actually feel bad about doing it. I don't understand how these exchange owners can outright steal from people and have no remorse at all. Even if they actually were hacked that's their fault, they were responsible for security, they said their security was the best, they should pay the cost. I guess I'm the idiot because I couldn't do that to people. I'm the guy that gets too much change from a young inexperienced cashier at a store and returns to the register to give them the extra money back.

I know it can be done properly too. BTCe got hacked long ago and I had some coin stolen. BTCe reimbursed everything I lost without question. It's good PR for them too. BTCe is the only exchange I recommend to people.

BTCe didn't "lose" 70 mil USD Smiley

No, but they didn't have to reimburse anything. They're a totally illegal exchange that, at the time, could never have been held responsible. Maybe there's someone like me working there with a conscience.
Maybe BTCe thought they would be able to make more via future fees then they had stolen out of their customer accounts + the amount of customer money they were holding at the time minus the implied cost of the probability they their identities might be found out one day.
legendary
August 12, 2016, 10:56:40 AM
Wow, an exchange rapes the tight little anus of mountains o' bitcoiners and the victims response is to stock up on butt lube. I gotta open me a Bitcoin exchange.

let's be partners. I can give them plenty of lube and I will be very gentle. 100% success.      LOL

The sad part for me is I would actually feel bad about doing it. I don't understand how these exchange owners can outright steal from people and have no remorse at all. Even if they actually were hacked that's their fault, they were responsible for security, they said their security was the best, they should pay the cost. I guess I'm the idiot because I couldn't do that to people. I'm the guy that gets too much change from a young inexperienced cashier at a store and returns to the register to give them the extra money back.

I know it can be done properly too. BTCe got hacked long ago and I had some coin stolen. BTCe reimbursed everything I lost without question. It's good PR for them too. BTCe is the only exchange I recommend to people.

No, but they didn't have to reimburse anything. They're a totally illegal exchange that, at the time, could never have been held responsible. Maybe there's someone like me working there with a conscience.
legendary
August 12, 2016, 10:47:09 AM

legendary
August 12, 2016, 10:09:02 AM

legendary
August 12, 2016, 07:25:08 AM
I see that the volume is again the highest of all exchanges(non China). Seems like much people still trust Bitfinex!
Does that "volume" include the massive withdrawals?

There's speculation that Bitfinex may not have enough assets to cover all the withdrawals. We should know in a few days. If Bitfinex starts delaying withdrawals and making excuses, they don't have the money.

Yeah, Its pretty normal about all withdrawals. I do the same, but I think Finex will survive!

i hope they will survive this, it would be a shame to add them to the list of exchanges that went down and never came back, especially since they have been a big service.

but i don't think it would be easy to come back from this much money lost, unless it was all a show and they just transferred the 119K BTC to another address of their own and said we were hacked!

most likely, this has happened. it's not bad for 3 years of work to earn a lot of millions and to live a luxurious life, right? Smiley
legendary
August 12, 2016, 07:11:32 AM

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
August 12, 2016, 03:22:57 AM
I see that the volume is again the highest of all exchanges(non China). Seems like much people still trust Bitfinex!

There's speculation that Bitfinex may not have enough assets to cover all the withdrawals. We should know in a few days. If Bitfinex starts delaying withdrawals and making excuses, they don't have the money.

Yeah, Its pretty normal about all withdrawals. I do the same, but I think Finex will survive!

i hope they will survive this, it would be a shame to add them to the list of exchanges that went down and never came back, especially since they have been a big service.

but i don't think it would be easy to come back from this much money lost, unless it was all a show and they just transferred the 119K BTC to another address of their own and said we were hacked!
Activity: 731
August 12, 2016, 02:32:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2016, 08:53:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
August 11, 2016, 08:27:46 PM

Truly it is a nirvana of contrariness. Our only hope is that Bitcoin infrastructure becomes more legitimate before the really skilful and nasty people descend on it. If they observed how the average Bitcoiner reacts to rape and exploitation they would cream their knickers.

If you do open your exchange then call it Free Market because that seems to be the get out clause for excusing bottomless incompetence and dishonesty.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826
August 11, 2016, 08:13:25 PM
I received my BTC too. Still have a fraction of a penny of USD with them. Not planning on returning anytime soon.
Thats a good news that they are giving back our bitcoins.  i just heard it right now..
I hope all will receive their bitcoins too for their lose..
No, I took the 36% loss like everyone else. I was only confirming my withdrawal finally came through. I even liquidated the stupid BTX tokens. I'm done with Bitfinex. They can take my $140 USD worth of coins and fiat that they probably stole and choke on it. They can also have my 6/10th of a penny that I wasn't able to liquidate and shove it deep up their hiney holes and twirl for all I care.
legendary
August 11, 2016, 07:39:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2016, 05:23:23 PM
OK, Bitfinex is supposedly back up and processing withdrawals after the "haircut". Are withdrawals happening promptly?

Obvously, you want to withdraw everything you can immediately and never deposit anything again.

Waiting more than 12hours for withdraw now!

I made my withdrawal request several hours ago too. Still waiting.

They said manual payouts.. Hope we will see funds soon!

News & announcement yesterday

Announcements
Platform Service Update
August 10, 2016
https://www.bitfinex.com/posts

Bitfinex Announces It Will Resume Trading Today
10/08/2016 Rebecca Campbell
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitfinex-announces-will-resume-trading-today/

I recieved my BTCs
Did you really? That's somewhat reassuring. I do hope bitfinex is true to their words that they're trying to return all the funds to the owners. If that's so, then finex can actually go back and stand on it's feet again, although with a shattered reputation in terms of security.
If it is true it is a good news.Bitcoin price fall will also be curbed with this news and it will help building trust for bitcoin exchanges
August 11, 2016, 04:54:56 PM
OK, Bitfinex is supposedly back up and processing withdrawals after the "haircut". Are withdrawals happening promptly?

Obvously, you want to withdraw everything you can immediately and never deposit anything again.

Announcements
Platform Service Update
August 10, 2016

I recieved my BTCs
Did you really? That's somewhat reassuring. I do hope bitfinex is true to their words that they're trying to return all the funds to the owners. If that's so, then finex can actually go back and stand on it's feet again, although with a shattered reputation in terms of security.

I see that the volume is again the highest of all exchanges(non China). Seems like much people still trust Bitfinex! I hope they were really hacked and trying to move ahead again! Everything online can be hacked! Hope to see my 36% refunded. I my case around $23 000! Wish you same if you have funds there!
August 11, 2016, 04:48:01 PM

Announcements
Platform Service Update
August 10, 2016

I recieved my BTCs

you received your BTC minus 36%(Bitfinex profit) Smiley

Yeah really minus 36%, but after I blind week I am trying to be happy with that I have now..
Pages:
Jump to: