Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfinex stopped working? - page 2. (Read 2313 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 13, 2013, 07:40:25 PM
Well, lesson learned from this morning:

Good thing this was just a test (small) account.

Since my order to close would not fill, I had to force a margin call for the position to close automatically.

Not being able to close, even at a market price, is not acceptable IMO.

Did you try closing by routing it as a Bitfinex-only order?  If you don't route it and Gox is down then the order won't go through - as it assumes you want the best price so waits until Mtgox is up.

Bitfiex also screwed up interest payments last night - got about half what I should have got.  Hope it's just some cockup in calculating (and will get straightened out tonight) and doesn't mean that half my loans are to people who are out of margin but haven't been force-closed so have nothing left to pay interest with (or to return my principal).
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2013, 06:49:01 PM
Well, lesson learned from this morning:

Good thing this was just a test (small) account.

Since my order to close would not fill, I had to force a margin call for the position to close automatically.

Not being able to close, even at a market price, is not acceptable IMO.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 13, 2013, 06:37:19 PM
I saw the same problem for some time this morning.

Basically, when Bitfinex detects a Mt.Gox lag above a certain threshold, the engine will (temporarily) exclude Mt.Gox order data from the combined order book. But this morning it seemed that for some time even the Bitfinex orderbook was not shown. Would be interesting if this repeats, so we could report it as a problem.

On a related note, in the situation when Mt.Gox data is temporarily unavailable, "Market" orders can produce surprising results, when the next available Bitfinex limit order is not close to where the Mt.Gox Bid/Ask was recently. This is unfortunate, but as far as I could see, the engine behaves correctly.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
April 13, 2013, 05:22:15 PM
Tons of .1BTC orders executed in the past few minutes... Possibly a lag?

Probably wasn't written assuming Gox would keep cutting in and out...
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2013, 03:17:22 PM
I've been trying to close a long position for the last hour, with a market order.

"Mtgox is currently having some issue. Only orders routed to Bitfinex will be processed."  is on the top of the page.

Nothing is happening;  my order will not fill.  I don't get it.

All I can do is watch the losses grow.

Will never use this account again. Angry

EDIT:  The only thing I can probably do is to transfer out of the trading wallet into a deposit wallet, and hope I get stopped out.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
April 13, 2013, 04:34:41 AM
I can't buy or sell anything right now.

Looks like trading is happening:
 - https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/public_log
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
TokenUnion-Get Rewarded for Holding Crypto
April 12, 2013, 08:02:16 PM
Has Bitfinex stopped working in the last few minutes for other people?

The order book is completely empty.  (No MtGox orders, no "MtGox is having issues" error,  and no BFX orders).

I can't buy or sell anything right now.
Pages:
Jump to: