Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] BTCINVEST - Low risk investment fund | Market cap: 2000+ BTC - page 21. (Read 45537 times)

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
Thanks to everyone who has invested into this fund! As we manage more coins, we're also diversifying them through more assets and channels.

But one interesting thing is that BTCINVEST has MORE volume than all assets on btct.co combined Smiley

Hmm... btct.co volume is definitely nothing "wow", (heh, I think MPEx did like 75,000 BTC the other day!) but with the exception of the IPO Jan 12 at 52.7 BTC, I'm not really seeing where you get that?  30d average right now on btct.co is ~66 BTC/day.

Cheers.

I used the 24 hr average Smiley

The 24hr average was ~28 BTC when I last checked. MPEX is definitely the king through, but for the past few days btct.co volume has being consistently in the high 20s to low 30s..

Cool, I'll have to watch it more closely.  Though with regard to the last few days... I just added the exchange volume display ~24 hours ago.  Wink

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r184 | code | 2013-01-24 08:37:31 +0000 (Thu, 24 Jan 2013) | 2 lines

new site volume on index page

I was keeping track of the volume on different exchanges and just added up 24 hr vol for each asset Smiley

The site volume display is pretty cool through, gives you the volume right at the home page!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Thanks to everyone who has invested into this fund! As we manage more coins, we're also diversifying them through more assets and channels.

But one interesting thing is that BTCINVEST has MORE volume than all assets on btct.co combined Smiley

Hmm... btct.co volume is definitely nothing "wow", (heh, I think MPEx did like 75,000 BTC the other day!) but with the exception of the IPO Jan 12 at 52.7 BTC, I'm not really seeing where you get that?  30d average right now on btct.co is ~66 BTC/day.

Cheers.

The 24hr average was ~28 BTC when I last checked. MPEX is definitely the king through, but for the past few days btct.co volume has being consistently in the high 20s to low 30s..

Cool, I'll have to watch it more closely.  Though with regard to the last few days... I just added the exchange volume display ~24 hours ago.  Wink

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r184 | code | 2013-01-24 08:37:31 +0000 (Thu, 24 Jan 2013) | 2 lines

new site volume on index page

vip
👻

Cheers.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer

Cheers.
vip
👻

vip
👻
First Report!

Shares sold: 941
Amount Raised: 94.1 BTC * 0.0096 = 93.196 BTC
(Average bitfunder fee was 0.96%, currently fee tier 2)

Revenue
Fortnightly interest from insured ATC777 loan: 0.215 BTC*
BTC-BOND dividends: 0.0493 BTC
Fortnightly interest from btcQuick.com inventory loan: 0.337 BTC*
Bitfinex interest: 0.01 BTC

* = brought forward by asset issuer to match up with btcinvest's dividend cycle

Total: 0.6113 BTC
Management fee: Not taken as a bonus Smiley
Dividends: 0.6113 BTC

(We raised 93.196 BTC not instantly at the IPO but rather through the past 14 days, your actual ROI is higher since you didn't hold the bond for the full 14 days)

Holdings
BTC-BOND - 2762 shares, value 27.62 BTC
Loan to ATC777 (insured by asset issuer), value 35 BTC
Loan to btcQuick.com, value 15 BTC
G.SDICE - 3,558 shares, value 19.39 BTC
Coin reserves: 0.0 BTC

Values for stocks are based on last traded price.

Total: 97.01 BTC
NAV: 0.10309 / bond

Why is the NAV higher? Well, we purchased shares when they were cheaper than now. G.SDICE shares were severely undervalued when we brought the.

You'll notice that two of the holdings are loans - I have substantial trust in ATC777, and will be covering it personally in case he defaults (it's in the contract). Likewise for btcQuick, the owners behind it has hired me for programming work to make selling and giving bitcoins easier, which shows that they're committed to their business.

Bitfinex funds was not earning interest, because of the lack of traders wanting to short BTC on their platform. So we currently hold no bitcoins in bitfinex.

Dividends will be paid out on BitFunder as soon as weex lets me send it after 6 confirms.
vip
👻
at what two times during the month will dividends be issued?
On the 7th and on the 21th Smiley

This is because the bond was started on the 7th.

Just a few days till the first dividend payout! We purchased quite a few S.DICE shares when it was cheap on BitFunder, which means that NAV of the bond is more than 0.1 even after the 0.9% bitfunder fee Smiley
vip
👻
On the 7th and on the 21th Smiley

This is because the bond was started on the 7th.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
vip
👻
it seems like there are two factors investors would consider before investing in your fund:
1. how much they trust you not to run away with the coins
2. how much they believe in your ability as a fund manager

i'm not worried about 2, you'll be at least as good or better than i could, plus i don't have to put in the work.
however, there's no getting around 1. even with our conversations over PM, there is still a non-trivial probability that this is an elaborate scam. i don't consider it likely, but the risk is still there and it stops me from investing too much in this low-risk fund, when really a low-risk fund is a great idea for the coins i have sitting around.
you said you'll keep a wallet with coins that match the value of the fund. what do you think about keeping these coins in escrow with another, more trusted member of the community? i'm new here so i don't know who to trust, but i assume there must be someone everyone can agree on.

just a thought, keep up the good work.

Hi, thanks for your support. If there was a way for me to prove that I'm not here to scam, then I'd have done it already Cheesy

Currently, my BTC reserve is above what people have put into this fund, but that won't be the case when this grows. I think john (johnthedong) would be trusted by practically everyone and might be willing to escrow/hold my current funds without charging fees - thoughts? This has the downside of me unable to use my own funds to buyback shares on request, when it is tied up in investments.

BTCINVEST is currently making 14.49% a year in providing credits for margin trading on the Bitfinex platform.

Like 1% a month? You're so far under MPBOR it's sad.

What happens to your bond if the unauthorized Bitcoinica clone pulls a Bitcoinica on everyone?
What happens? I'll pay the coins myself to keep NAV of this bond at 0.1 BTC.

What happens when MPOE doesn't make a profit for a month making 0% interest?

This bond isn't solely for Bitfinex - right now only few bonds are issued so it makes no sense to start diversifying at this stage when I can cover it 100% with my coins

So what's the incentive for early investors?

Right now they can either:

a) Invest with you.  You then deposit in BitFinex and they get 90% of profits.
b) Invest with BitFinex.  They get 100% of profits and no exposure to risk of you taking their money.  Then they can invest with you later when you diversify if they choose.

Not seeing how a) offers any advantage over b).

The above shouldn't be taken as a recommendation by me to do b) nor as indicating that I believe a) and b) are the only options available to potential investors.

First of all, this isn't soley a Bitfinex passthrough. Initially, 100% of the funds were in Bitfinex, but that's because it's not worth it to diversify a couple of BTCs. Investing in Bitfinex isn't as simple as depositing the coins in. I frequently F5 Bitfinex to check the status of my offers, to see if it is the best interest rate, etc. I believe unclescrooge offers free account management for accounts > 200 BTC, so if you want to put it 100% in bitfinex and take all of the profits then I suggest sending a PM to him and creating a managed account.

In addition, if Bitfinex runs away tomorrow, I can back 100% of the bonds. My plan is to not invest in one program more than my reserve, so that if one collapses, I curse at my computer and pays into the bond so the NAV is 0.1, and buy some more BTC.

Obviously there is the risk of me running away with your coins. That is up to you to judge the risk. I should note that my identity isn't anonymous, if you put into the effort you'll be able to find my domain, whois it and get my address in Sydney.

--

Reports will be published every time a dividend is issued. I don't plan on producing reports outside of that schedule, other than urgent updates, for the reason of "you used to post reports every week, this week you haven't, scam!" and that investing in new ventures (to me) isn't as simple as just transferring coins and praying. Initially I was considering which platform to put BITINVEST, and after a pretty long chat with Ukto on IRC I'm confident that this exchange is one of the best choices (along with mpex if you disregard the PR).

One thing that I will say is that the first dividends looks pretty good Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
it seems like there are two factors investors would consider before investing in your fund:
1. how much they trust you not to run away with the coins
2. how much they believe in your ability as a fund manager

i'm not worried about 2, you'll be at least as good or better than i could, plus i don't have to put in the work.
however, there's no getting around 1. even with our conversations over PM, there is still a non-trivial probability that this is an elaborate scam. i don't consider it likely, but the risk is still there and it stops me from investing too much in this low-risk fund, when really a low-risk fund is a great idea for the coins i have sitting around.
you said you'll keep a wallet with coins that match the value of the fund. what do you think about keeping these coins in escrow with another, more trusted member of the community? i'm new here so i don't know who to trust, but i assume there must be someone everyone can agree on.

just a thought, keep up the good work.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
BTCINVEST is currently making 14.49% a year in providing credits for margin trading on the Bitfinex platform.

What happens to your bond if the unauthorized Bitcoinica clone pulls a Bitcoinica on everyone?
What happens? I'll pay the coins myself to keep NAV of this bond at 0.1 BTC.

What happens when MPOE doesn't make a profit for a month making 0% interest?

This bond isn't solely for Bitfinex - right now only few bonds are issued so it makes no sense to start diversifying at this stage when I can cover it 100% with my coins

So what's the incentive for early investors?

Right now they can either:

a) Invest with you.  You then deposit in BitFinex and they get 90% of profits.
b) Invest with BitFinex.  They get 100% of profits and no exposure to risk of you taking their money.  Then they can invest with you later when you diversify if they choose.

Not seeing how a) offers any advantage over b).

The above shouldn't be taken as a recommendation by me to do b) nor as indicating that I believe a) and b) are the only options available to potential investors.
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
Could you publish a public spreadsheet with all assets BITINVEST owns?
And the total balance (amount of coins) etc, since this is suppose to be transparent.

Thanks
vip
👻
0%? It can go well under that.
Exactly, which is why this bond is putting it in Bitfinex which gives more stable returns.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
0%? It can go well under that.
vip
👻

MPOE bonds can and has gone to negative interest. We also no longer hold any funds on Bitfinex anymore due to the lack of traders / interest.

EDIT a few months later when MPOE bonds lost a quarter: Yeah, that's why Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

vip
👻
What's BTCINVEST?

BITINVEST/BTCinvest is a low risk investment fund listed on BitFunder with as least exposure to BTCUSD as possible. The goal of the fund is to deliver great returns without losing money in risky investments.

The structure has recently being changed to a fund (instead of a bond with a fixed face value of 0.1 BTC/share).

BTCINVEST is 100% transparent. Every two weeks, we'll publish a report including our current holdings.

BTCINVEST will maintain timely bids at 95% of the NAV. For more information please see the description on BitFunder.

https://bitfunder.com/asset/BTCINVEST
Pages:
Jump to: