Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] TU.SILVER -- News & Reports - page 2. (Read 6155 times)

vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Hey Usagi,

How come bids for tu.silver have been changed from 0.05000 to 0.03300 today , why such big a gap between bids & ask, are you holding people back from selling shares on bitfunder ?

I don't know about other people, but I have pulled my personal bids because I decided to try and flip some more VIRTUALMINER. If you're looking to sell contact me privately and I will see what I can do for you.

In a more general sense, TU.SILVER is traded on the market -- if no one wants to buy or sell shares there's not much I can do about it. I basically only step in when someone wants to redeem their shares for silver or the company sells new shares into the market.

Right now i've been doing what I can putting out weekly reports and paying a solid distribution (especially given the industry) in order to increase our visibility and liquidity on BitFunder, but these things take time and it doesn't look like it has increased volume on the stock yet. Another thing I have been doing for my shareholders is to sit on the bid with 100s of shares -- but I can't afford to do that all the time ;-) My advice is, come up with a price you feel you want to buy/sell TU.SILVER for, and then post a limit order. I check the order books each day and I'll fill personally it if it's a reasonable price. An example of an un-reasonable price (imo) is 0.033 and 0.099. The people with those orders up should be unlikely to get them filled!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hey Usagi,

How come bids for tu.silver have been changed from 0.05000 to 0.03300 today , why such big a gap between bids & ask, are you holding people back from selling shares on bitfunder ?
vip
Dear Investors;

I am happy to report the results of our first week under the daily distribution policy! (next week)

Code:
2013-06-02 07:04:52 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001600 -- total payment of ฿0.02931200.
2013-06-01 02:35:42 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001500 -- total payment of ฿0.02748000.
2013-05-30 21:41:07 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001400 -- total payment of ฿0.02564800.
2013-05-30 00:44:43 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001300 -- total payment of ฿0.02381600.
2013-05-29 00:31:48 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001200 -- total payment of ฿0.02198400.
2013-05-27 23:49:36 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001100 -- total payment of ฿0.02015200.
2013-05-27 01:27:03 -- 1832 * ฿0.00001000 -- total payment of ฿0.01832000.

Good luck and happy stacking!

Sincerely,
usagi
vip
I'm pleased to provide the latest TU.SILVER monthly report. You can read it online here:

TU.SILVER Monthly Report -- May 29th, 2013

We are making a move towards daily distributions for June.

Please share your comments and criticisms of this week's report right here. Thanks and have a nice evening.
vip
Update:

I'm pleased to announce, our recent order from Amagi Metals has arrived!

100x 1g Canadian Rounds (individually wrapped in tiny zip lock bags!)
20x 1oz Lakota Nation's "Crazy Horse" rounds
20x 1oz Freedom Girl Rounds

We have now placed a new order with Amagi Metals for:

80x 1/2oz Lakota National "Sitting Bull" rounds.
20x 1oz John Galt rounds (in honor of the closure of John Galt Asset Management)

600 units have been issued representing these 60oz. of silver.
The first 100 units (10oz.) have been placed on sale for cost + shipping only (i.e. no markup).

Happy stacking!

vip
I don't know what all of the securities invested in are, but disclosed ones are namworld's BTC-BOND and my LTC-ATB.B1.  Both of those have a fixed face value in BTC, pay fixed interest/dividends based on that face value and are redeemable at (or very near) face value.

I can confirm those are currently our only two investments. Nothing else i'm aware of fits our risk profile.
vip

I took a look at this and cusdog has done an amazing job. It looks like it checks out.

I am a little swamped these days at work but in about a week I will be able to get back on this and maybe we can chat a bit about what I can do to make the accounting easier (i.e. presenting the data in a modified form? a different organization of spreadsheets?)

Around that time I will be expanding the fund. I just need to wait for the silver we've ordered to arrive before placing another order. Perhaps I'm being a little too paranoid with that policy but, better safe than sorry!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Although I have also posted this in my own thread, I figure it belongs here aswell;

I have just finalized the first set of financials for TU.SILVER. See the link below. The following things should be noted when reading these statements

-The underlying accounting for these statements is compliant with IFRS with the exception of the option valuation/trading which is handled at cost due to the low underlying value and degree of uncertainty with respect to the key inputs for an option pricing model.

-The disclosure (i.e. the statements) are not compliant with IFRS. The reason being that there are alot of nonsense requirements that are useless and will confuse unsophisticated readers. I have streamlined the notes down to those key points which I think are relevant to investors. If you have suggested for further disclosure you would like please post here.

-The statements are not audited. I hope to eventually move in that direction both with TU.SILVER and for any other entities that I can help out, but realize I need to make baby steps.

-There are already a few improvements that I intend to make for the May statements, such as including a cashflow statement and cleaning up some formatting/typo matters, if you notice any issues please post and I will attempt to incorporate any corrections in next month's statements.

http://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Action=Download&File=44604fc9ed76c8d091848d4321d8624b
vip
April 30, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
TU.SILVER Motion #1
Regarding our free shipping policy

BACKGROUND
We currently offer a free shipping policy. As a result we must retain approximately 7% of the value of our silver in BTC. This causes units of the fund to lose leverage to the price of silver and make us less attractive to new investment. The question has become; is the added value of free shipping worth keeping 7% of the fund in BTC? Maybe we should cancel this policy and return the money to our investors?

MOTION
Vote YES to retain the free shipping policy. No changes will be made to the free shipping policy if you vote YES.
Vote NO to cancel the free shipping policy. In such a case, we will revert to a shipping policy calculated on a per-order basis (contract will be updated). Additionally we will pay out a one-time distribution of 0.004/share, or approximately 7%, representing the amount of money we keep on hand to maintain the free shipping policy.

HOW TO VOTE
Open your bitcoin-qt or other client and enter the following message:
"<> TU.SILVER-MOTION-1 VOTE YES" or "<> TU.SILVER-MOTION-1 VOTE NO". Sign this message with the bitcoin key listed on the BitFunder asset list. Post your message and signature here, or in PM if you wish to vote anonymously. We will add a hash of your signature into this post so that the voting can be proven fair.

PASSING THE MOTION
A quorum of 50% is required or the motion will expire.
You have 1 week (7 days) from the timestamp on this post to change your vote.
Feel free to discuss your vote here and make arguments to others why they should change their vote.
All posts regarding this motion except this one will be deleted after the vote, however, noteworthy comments will be immortalized in a "best quotes" section in this post.

OTHER
by fiat.

GUIDANCE
If you don't plan to redeem units of the fund, you should vote NO because that will allow you to buy more units of the fund with your money, thus increasing the amount of silver you own.
If you do plan to redeem units in the future, you should vote YES, because we will be able to ship you your silver even if you find yourself in the unlucky situation of not being able to pay for shipping.
If you are a silver bull, vote NO, because you will be able to have a higher leverage to the price of silver when investing in units of our fund.
If you are a silver bear, vote YES, so that you will be protected against price declines by a larger position in BTC.
If you believe BTC will rise against the US dollar vote YES to maintain leverage to BTC in the value of your units.
If you believe BTC will fall against the US dollar vote NO to take profits on our BTC position and protect against loss on the way down.
vip
April 29, 2013, 01:59:12 PM
Update:

I'm pleased to provide the latest TU.SILVER monthly report. You can read it online here:

TU.SILVER Monthly Report -- April 29th, 2013

We have paid distributions of approximately 7% this month; last month's distribution was once again increased by 10% (0.0015488/unit) and we have issued a secondary one-time distribution of 0.003 per share.

Please share your comments and criticisms of this week's report right here. Thanks and have a nice evening.
vip
April 27, 2013, 12:43:55 PM
So what's the new value/share or recommended trading price?
Wouldn't you be better off dividending it out to keep your price reasonable for anyone who wants to buy silver - or is there some way they can get their part of that 30 BTC if they turn shares in to receive silver?

We have already been doing this for the last three weeks. As well, all the other information you have asked for is in those reports (really). Please read them before asking questions here.

2013-04-24 10:02:24    1,222    ฿0.00800000    ฿9.77600000
2013-04-18 12:09:22    1,222    ฿0.00710000    ฿8.67620000
2013-04-11 11:32:50    1,222    ฿0.01700000    ฿20.77400000
2013-03-26 15:39:28    790    ฿0.00140800    ฿1.11232000
2013-02-23 08:28:28    800    ฿0.00128000    ฿1.02400000

Above you can see the payments made at the end of February and March, but you can also see the last three interim payments made before the end of April. These represent distributions made from trading and writing options, but I suppose primarily from trading in and out of positions in JAH and LTC-ATF.B1.

There are many reasons why making these payments was a good idea. You have mentioned some, but you do not have a complete picture. For example yes, having a large non-silver component to the fund makes it less attractive for investors -- but not for the reasons you assumed. There is adequate value there to justify the price, but what makes it less attractive is that it does not provide a strong correlation to the price of silver. A lot of people get this point wrong. I just finished arguing with a troll on #bitcoin-assets who insisted my fund was garbage because it was so overpriced compared to silver. He refused to accept that we have about 50 BTC worth of coin and investments on hand and that is why we're worth a little more.

Also yes, as you mentioned earlier, having a large non-silver component also means investors won't want to redeem their ounces of silver. That is, you asked "is there some way they can get their part of that 30 BTC if they turn shares in to receive silver?" The answer to this is no, we don't do that. Now normally this is not a problem, investors could just sell their shares and buy even more real silver if they wanted. But a) that's needlessly complex and ruins the whole point which is that we stock and ship silver immediately upon request. b) it insinuates we are trying to run a fractional reserve scheme where we sell shares unbaked by silver -- which is a point I don't think you mentioned. Why does it imply this? Because we can operate in full knowledge no sane investor would redeem their shares. In a worst case scenario we could buy coins after the fact and pocket the difference. Photos and vault certificates would be meaningless in this case because we could have sold the silver and kept the money long ago. So keeping the price close to spot + coin premium + vault storage + shipping is actually a way to prove we're being honest. If we were jacking the books with a price very close to spot and the market moved against us we would instantly blow up. And consider this: we even make more money keeping prices low because as we send coins out to customers our long term costs for secure storage go down. Thus there is a three-pronged financial incentive for us to keep the price low.

In summary,
1. As you know, we have a 2% markup on sales of newly-issued shares. This is a financial incentive for us to keep the fund attractive to new investors (or those looking to redeem coins). We don't make any money if people buy and hold. Our storage costs actually go up. Therefore...
2. ...we have a financial incentive to allow customers to redeem all their coins at any time: our cost for storage goes down.
3. Keeping the price low not only makes the fund seem like a better value, but it shows we have the silver on hand because it encourages redemption. Trust drives customers to us like magnets because we are in the precious metals business.
vip
April 25, 2013, 05:43:06 PM
The suspicion has to be that there's some co-mingling of funds/assets going on - with usagi's personal cash and the fund's mixed together.  That suspicion can, of course, be easily dispelled.

THE QUESTIONS

So here's the simple questions that need to be answered:

1.  Does that 30 BTC belong to investors or to usagi personally?  If to neither of those then who owns them?
2.  What's the new book value/NAV/whatever usagi calls the 'official' price/value of a share of TU.SILVER?
3.  If 'internal value' is significantly different to the answer to 2. then just what does it represent and why is it of interest to investors?  i.e. why was that doubling reported but not the extent to which a useful 'real' value had changed?
4.  Is cash belonging to usagi personally kept in the same wallets as cash belonging to the fund?
5.  Are shares of TU.SILVER owned by usgai personally kept in a seperate Bitfunder account to shares belonging to the fund (i.e. treasury shares)?

I appreciate it may take some days or weeks to determine the answers and that both financial advisors would need to be involved in addressing such complicated matters.

Sorry, I just don't agree that there is a suspicion or that the questions need to be answered. I did however add a few of your comments which seemed valid to the FAQ.

My general advice to you is to get off your high horse and get in line with the other investors of the company. You have no special right to my time to demand that I answer financial questions about the company. If you want that information you will just have to ask our financial advisor. That's just how our company is structured, so you better get used to it.

If you want access to our books, that's fine -- any shareholder can pay the fee just like everyone else.

But you already stole access to our company books and published them in spite of our company policy, and you are clearly hostile towards us due to your ridiculous "PSA" thread and the melodramatic way you are asking the above questions. So I've decided to simply not deal with you in the future, at least until such time as you stop behaving like a troll. Try being a bit more down to earth and stop framing me as a scammer in your questions, and then we'll talk.

Good luck!
vip
April 25, 2013, 05:18:28 PM
...I'd prefer if he just answered the questions but am not expecting that to occur.

Roll Eyes

Of course, we'd all prefer if you'd just ask your questions -- but we're not expecting that to occur.

I have some free time now (I was too busy for you last night because of work, can't you read?) and have posted four of your questions in the FAQ for TU.SILVER. Thanks, but do try to be more patient next time.

I am working on a reply to the rest of your post in the TU.SILVER thread. I'll not respond here mainly because it's more important that everyone see the response in the updates thread (that's where the shareholders are) and I don't think I should justify an obvious troll thread with a serious response. So here's a video of a cat eating pancakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqoZYfz4os

Note: This post was deleted from Deprived's self-moderated thread and re-posted here.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 10:40:10 AM
Wouldn't you be better off dividending it out to keep your price reasonable for anyone who wants to buy silver - or is there some way they can get their part of that 30 BTC if they turn shares in to receive silver?

While the management of the fund is outside of my purview, I don't think that is a good idea at this point. My suggestion is once I finish the statements and they are green-lighted (should be May 1st or 2nd barring any unforeseen issues) discussion relating to these decisions can happen with more information for all parties.

Sorry for being a bit cryptic but I don't want to overstep.
vip
April 25, 2013, 07:02:28 AM
Still hardly changes the fact that this TU.SILVER is a bad asset to buy if you want to buy SILVER Tongue

Here is from your newsletter: "THE BEST PLACE TO BUY SILVER IN BITCOINS"

1 oz silver round on other bitcoin accepting sites: ~$26
1 oz silver round via 10 shares of TU.SILVER: >$180 (there's actually not even enough asks, unless you want to pay 5 BTC for an oz)

Sure, I can agree with you that I personally wouldn't pay $180 an oz. for silver right now either. But on the other hand, we are a very different operation than something like Coinabul and I believe the market is placing a premium on our silver because of this.

For one, we stock all our silver. That's how we can ship anywhere in the world in 7 days. If you order from another supplier you are looking at 30 to 90 day lead times (or longer). This has very strong appeal to knowledgeable silver investors because they understand that silver has allodial title. We also don't charge shipping (which is reflected in the price people are willing to pay). Another extremely strong point to make is that as we are located in Asia, we offer geographic diversity. I personally believe this is why demand for TU.SILVER has driven the price so high.

Essentially, once we sell out we have no means of keeping a lid on the price. And as we're not the ones selling the silver at $180, we don't make any money on it. Heck, we would have to pay $180/oz if we wanted to buy back our own shares, too!

So while I agree with you the prices are a bit crazy, I think what we are really witnessing is the true price of "guaranteed immediate delivery fine silver" in coin form. I would go so far as to suggest that when you see a lower price in some other online coin shop, you are witnessing the market place a heavy discount on coins that haven't been sourced by a supplier yet.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
April 25, 2013, 02:24:46 AM
Still hardly changes the fact that this TU.SILVER is a bad asset to buy if you want to buy SILVER Tongue

Here is from your newsletter: "THE BEST PLACE TO BUY SILVER IN BITCOINS"

1 oz silver round on other bitcoin accepting sites: ~$26
1 oz silver round via 10 shares of TU.SILVER: >$180 (there's actually not even enough asks, unless you want to pay 5 BTC for an oz)
vip
April 25, 2013, 02:19:15 AM

I was going to answer this but I'm rushing out the door to go to work. Maybe DeaDTerra or cusdog can answer for me while I'm gone, or I'll have to get back to you after work. It should be the same or a little higher than the management guidance published in our recent weekly report but you'll have to hold for an official answer.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 25, 2013, 01:33:33 AM
vip
April 24, 2013, 11:31:07 AM
Update:

I'm pleased to provide the latest TU.SILVER weekly report. You can read it online here:

TU.SILVER Report -- April 24th, 2013

Management guidance includes a MSRP of 0.03945.

vip
April 24, 2013, 11:28:43 AM
The problem here is a little different -- we have management and shareholders on board, and the exchange has decided to stop the deal, killing the company that was being bought in the process (and likely John Galt's GOLD funds as well, the timing seems a bit too much of a coincidence).

Please don't drag me into this. My decision to shut down my gold funds has nothing to do with your situation. I am extremely happy with burnside and his exchanges.

You're getting a mention because I was planning on making a buyout offer to you when I heard your companies would close. I have no idea if you would have taken the offer but my point is now that there's no reason to make the offer. I can assure you it would be a very healthy offer for both you and your shareholders. You would walk away with the gold and I would refund you your asset creation fee, for starters. I assume (rightly or wrongly) that bringing the liquidity and size of TU.SILVER to your GOLD asset would make your shareholders a lot better off than they are now versus the company closing.

Anyways I wish you luck; it was you who inspired me to create SILVER. To be honest about it I am sad to see your companies close.
Pages:
Jump to: