Pages:
Author

Topic: BitInstant extremely poor design, lots of confusion, poor service - page 2. (Read 5519 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
@ OP,

This thread is childish.  I used BitInstant for my first time a few weeks ago and I experienced a smooth transaction with zero confusion using BitInstant's simple interface.  I used Dwolla to purchase BTC sent directly to a wallet address and received them within 5-10 minutes.

The title of this thread should be changed.  Website design is not poor; it's about as clear and simple as you can get given that every time you change your payment method or target destination, the website automatically refreshes to reflect the change.

Now, let's say you choose "BitStamp" as your destination account.  The website will show three fields:  one to enter "Account ID or Username," one for "Amount (USD) to Pay," and one for your "Notification Email."  If instead you choose something like "Mt. Gox" for your target destination, you will notice the top field has changed from "Account ID or Username" to "MtGox Account #."   This should make it extremely obvious that the account ID BitInstant was requesting for your transaction was a BitStamp ID, not a MtGox ID.

To demonstrate the point further, select any of the target destinations, but then cycle through the different funding options.  You will notice that no matter what funding option you pick, (MtGox, Dwolla, BTC-e coupon, etc.) the text fields now remain exactly the same.  This should make it even more obvious that the account ID requested will ALWAYS be that of the target destination and not the funding option.

My guess is that if the OP had taken even 5-10 more seconds to look at the site, he would have solved his own confusion.  Now, please change the title of this thread.

No it is not obvious. Why would I cycle through the options when I know I am going from MtGox to BitStamp? What makes me want to try out all the options?
Website design is about what the user experience, and that was my experience when I first started to use it.
You've only addressed one issue, if you look at the other issues I've stated, you'll know what I mean by poor design.
Look at all the other complaints too, it's not like I am the only one having the problem.
I haven't been really using the site since.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
@ OP,

This thread is childish.  I used BitInstant for my first time a few weeks ago and I experienced a smooth transaction with zero confusion using BitInstant's simple interface.  I used Dwolla to purchase BTC sent directly to a wallet address and received them within 5-10 minutes.

The title of this thread should be changed.  Website design is not poor; it's about as clear and simple as you can get given that every time you change your payment method or target destination, the website automatically refreshes to reflect the change.

Now, let's say you choose "BitStamp" as your destination account.  The website will show three fields:  one to enter "Account ID or Username," one for "Amount (USD) to Pay," and one for your "Notification Email."  If instead you choose something like "Mt. Gox" for your target destination, you will notice the top field has changed from "Account ID or Username" to "MtGox Account #."   This should make it extremely obvious that the account ID BitInstant was requesting for your transaction was a BitStamp ID, not a MtGox ID.

To demonstrate the point further, select any of the target destinations, but then cycle through the different funding options.  You will notice that no matter what funding option you pick, (MtGox, Dwolla, BTC-e coupon, etc.) the text fields now remain exactly the same.  This should make it even more obvious that the account ID requested will ALWAYS be that of the target destination and not the funding option.

My guess is that if the OP had taken even 5-10 more seconds to look at the site, he would have solved his own confusion.  Now, please change the title of this thread.

pof
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
I had a transaction delayed 4+ hours some month ago ( the deadline was 1 hour). I complained by mail but i didn't receive a reply. I didn't care very much about it, so i gave up.
If they don't want to give a refund for every transaction processed after the deadline i understand them, but at least they should change their FAQ.

"Our service aims to make most deposits happen instantly - within a matter of seconds in ideal cases, and in an absolute worst-case scenario we will still aim to have funds into your exchange account before a stated maximum deadline (on average about 60 minutes depending on various conditions). We are an agent of the exchanges. So, when you pay us, you have effectively paid the exchange. If we screw up and fail to deliver on time, we will always investigate and we will always refund our fees."
https://www.bitinstant.com/faq
legendary
How many is this now, 5 recent complaints about bitinstant? Mostly noob accounts and now posters with high post counts not using the stickied bitinstant support thread. No exclamation marks in this title so better quality than usual but the way complaints about respected bitcoin services come in waves is suspicious, kind of like scam spam.
Not everyone is aware of the bitinstant support thread. I wasn't when I first started using.
legendary
I filed a complaint with the BBB, so hopefully BitInstant will be a listed business on there sometime in the next 24hrs.

Hey, whats the deal? Why are you filing a complaint? We processed your order!

Please see my PM. This is not fair.

Charlie
Life is not fair.
If you have processed the order, just tell BBB that... nothing's gonna happen.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I filed a complaint with the BBB, so hopefully BitInstant will be a listed business on there sometime in the next 24hrs.

Hey, whats the deal? Why are you filing a complaint? We processed your order!

Please see my PM. This is not fair.

Charlie
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

Complete with original order web page showing guaranteed delivery in 1hr, as well as correspondence (two emails to support, one 1hr15m after transaction, another 3hrs after).

If I don't receive a response in another several hours, I'll file a fraud complaint with the government (IC3).

update:  at 5:30GMT, about 12 or 13 minutes after this post, I received an email from support saying that my transaction was processed.  however, I asked for a full refund as they were unable to fulfill their one hour obligation.

5:35GMT - replied to the support letter, informing them that I had asked for a full refund.  asked how to return the amount that was issued and receive my refund for the full amt, due to their inability to meet their obligation. 
zvs
legendary
What's the Ukrainian Site?

liqpay.com

it was super quick

(ed: well, if you have money in your paypal account, it's near instant.  i think if you use bank, it might take a few days the first time, then quicker after that)
BCB
vip
Merit: 1002
BCJ
What's the Ukrainian Site?
zvs
legendary
Put in another order, and this time, Yankee said I put in the wrong account number. He is stating that I have an "." at the end of the account, and that is why the order failed.
1. If the order failed, why does it say order completed?
2. I checked the order status on BitInstant website, and clearly, there is no "." at the end of the account.
3. Checked the browser, where it usually saves your past input data for the input text boxes. Checked, there's no ".".

Finally, this order was resolved by Yankee. But he kept saying it is my fault again. I don't know who's fault it is, but I am almost certain I put in the account number correctly.

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.

Took me 6 hours because they don't make it known that when you send multiples of $500 via moneygram you have to change the amount to be unique. For example: $500, $499.75, $499.50...etc.

+1 to "1 hour my ass"

And here I thought I never cared about that autogenerated reply when you send a message to support...

Bitinstant keeps banking hours, perhaps?

ed: next time I'm going to use that Ukrainian site again, ffs
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Put in another order, and this time, Yankee said I put in the wrong account number. He is stating that I have an "." at the end of the account, and that is why the order failed.
2. I checked the order status on BitInstant website, and clearly, there is no "." at the end of the account.
3. Checked the browser, where it usually saves your past input data for the input text boxes. Checked, there's no ".".

Finally, this order was resolved by Yankee. But he kept saying it is my fault again. I don't know who's fault it is, but I am almost certain I put in the account number correctly.

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.

Took me 6 hours because they don't make it known that when you send multiples of $500 via moneygram you have to change the amount to be unique. For example: $500, $499.75, $499.50...etc.

+1 to "1 hour my ass"
zvs
legendary

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.
legendary

legendary
Hey,

Sorry for your issue, and I will do everything I can to get it resolved

Looks like you indeed did not enter your bitstamp account

I thought the username I put in to place the order is MtGox username, and NOT BitStamp. And, it specifically asked me to make sure that my MtGox username is correct. It never mention that I should put in username for BitStamp.

That would seem obvious in a Bitstamp transaction!

We're working on a new webs design, so please bear with us while we upgrade everything

PM me your order info and Ill get it resolved asap!

Charlie
This specific order was resolved, after about 24-48 hr wait.
legendary
legendary
legendary
donator
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Don't know about all that... but I love their "are you human" game. I am an official captha hater. Never using anything but the service I found through Bitinstant on any of my websites, ever again.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: