Pages:
Author

Topic: BitInstant now has an MSB license from FinCEN? - page 2. (Read 4218 times)

Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
Bitcoin to e-mail sounds inherently scary as e-mail is insecure.  Anyone have a link where I may learn more, or is there another thread discussing this, so I'm not dumping a different topic on this thread?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.853424
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Bitcoin to e-mail sounds inherently scary as e-mail is insecure.  Anyone have a link where I may learn more, or is there another thread discussing this, so I'm not dumping a different topic on this thread?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
I believe MSB licenses are state-specific, apparently from what I read they're (or a partner is) licensed in NY.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I think that's how they are able to directly sell bitcoins to email now. Now bitinstant is truly instant, pay them and get coins immediately.
How is the email part relevant to a FinCEN license? Also, Charlie has been saying for a while now that they had applied for it, so maybe it was only recently approved.

I thought before they could only move money, not convert it into anything else including BTC
legendary
Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000
you can see registration filing here :
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html
number : 31000005031107
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I think that's how they are able to directly sell bitcoins to email now. Now bitinstant is truly instant, pay them and get coins immediately.
How is the email part relevant to a FinCEN license? Also, Charlie has been saying for a while now that they had applied for it, so maybe it was only recently approved.
Activity: 350
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I just checked out BitInstant's website and noticed they now advertise that they are a licensed MSB... complete with their FinCEN registration number...

something I am surprised to not have been announced or talked about on the forums.

I did see they posted on Facebook:

We are now a legal MSB sanctioned by the Dep't of the Treasury! MSB Registration number 31000005031107

In such a case, a huge congratulations to them - but also something significant for Bitcoin, as it looks to me like an official nod of approval of sorts, for FinCEN to be granting an MSB license for something that is so clearly Bitcoin-related.
Pages:
Jump to: