Pages:
Author

Topic: BitLicense - EOBOT follows Xapo and leaves New York - page 2. (Read 1578 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
This wasn't predictable  Roll Eyes
Last one out turn off the lights. 
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
As long as they don't move when some acceptable form of regulation is put in to place.. Better start getting used to being regulated on some level..
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Yes!!! Cheers to you!  Where is the applause emoticon when I need it!  This is EXACTLY what we need our companies to do.  When the regulators give you the finger, give it to them right back!  Maybe then the stupid regulators will realize that when you do this the businesses just move and the state loses out on tax revenues.  

I don't think that most btc businesses want to dodge taxes or break the rules.  I think that they want to comply with rules and make a good business.  But when the regulators focus on an industry and try to kill it, then that industry can vote with its feet.

I think that these bitcoin regulations are being bought by banks to prevent crypto adoption.  If you move shop then you are making the banks waste their bribes.

The really great thing is that because of the nature of bitcoins, a business does not always need a local presence.  So if they move out of state or out of country then it should have zero impact on customers, or actually be good for customers.  And also I think that your average crypto customer is very aware of what is happening, and they will understand if there is an inconvenience while the business is moved.

So as a customer, I want to say THANK YOU to any business that decided to move because of bad regulations.  I know it costs them money to move in the short run, but in the long run you are making your customers happy!

;*

It's no emoticon, but it will do Wink
Check out that expression Cheesy

Apart from that, I too agree that it is a good thing that businesses are finding work-arounds to handle these things.
Activity: 322
Yes!!! Cheers to you!  Where is the applause emoticon when I need it!  This is EXACTLY what we need our companies to do.  When the regulators give you the finger, give it to them right back!  Maybe then the stupid regulators will realize that when you do this the businesses just move and the state loses out on tax revenues.  

I don't think that most btc businesses want to dodge taxes or break the rules.  I think that they want to comply with rules and make a good business.  But when the regulators focus on an industry and try to kill it, then that industry can vote with its feet.

I think that these bitcoin regulations are being bought by banks to prevent crypto adoption.  If you move shop then you are making the banks waste their bribes.

The really great thing is that because of the nature of bitcoins, a business does not always need a local presence.  So if they move out of state or out of country then it should have zero impact on customers, or actually be good for customers.  And also I think that your average crypto customer is very aware of what is happening, and they will understand if there is an inconvenience while the business is moved.

So as a customer, I want to say THANK YOU to any business that decided to move because of bad regulations.  I know it costs them money to move in the short run, but in the long run you are making your customers happy!

;*
Activity: 336
Seems like NY will be a failed state in so far as bitcoin is concerned.

With other countries becoming more and more 'friendly' towards bitcoin NY is going to be left behind in their dust when adoption really starts taking off.

The EU area I guess will soon start with the same kind of stories as they always follows in big bothers footsteps. Starting to look more and more like the major growth areas for bitcoin is going to be towards the east.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
Hello miners. We have both good news and bad news to announce:

-BitLicense for New York Announcement: eobot.com/bitlicense. Eobot will cease operations in the State of New York as of July 1, 2015.

-GHS 2.0 mining contracts added and running on new S5 hardware. Electricity fees are 50% at today's mining difficulty/BTC exchange rate.

Until next time...happy mining,
-The Eobot Team

Good job by Xapo. Always knew Casares was legit. My fear now is that the rest of states and Europe come up with similar licenses to fuck everyone up.
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
Hello miners. We have both good news and bad news to announce:

-BitLicense for New York Announcement: eobot.com/bitlicense. Eobot will cease operations in the State of New York as of July 1, 2015.

-GHS 2.0 mining contracts added and running on new S5 hardware. Electricity fees are 50% at today's mining difficulty/BTC exchange rate.

Until next time...happy mining,
-The Eobot Team
Pages:
Jump to: