Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer step by step how to setup Balance Mining Tutorial - page 2. (Read 12737 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250
Ok guys, i guess everybody know that sometime a pool with no luck have blocks with a above-average calculation time? Instead of waiting at one pool to finish this block (and lose much time=money) and instead of change the pool manual you can balance mining.

Balance Mining mean, that you can share your miner power with 3 pools (or even 2 pools if you don't want 3).

How to setup:

First setup your pool data in the miner configuration (if not already done for backup pools) for your 3 pools which you want to use. The setup is similar to the backup pool setup, but however unlike the backup setting is it not importent, which pool is pool 1, pool 2 or pool 3, so you can chose free.

After you setup your 3 pools (2 are even possible) you press safe & apply.

Next Step:

Start puTTY and start to ssh in your miner. Write your miner ip in host name, press enter. Wait for login, accept the ssh if neccessary at first time login. Login as: root, the password is standard root too, if you don't change your miner setup password, otherwise use your changed password.

Now you should see:
Code:
root@antMiner:~#

Enter this command:
Code:
vi /etc/config/cgminer
The cgminer setup will appear. Go to the line:
Code:
option more_options '--quiet'
press i, and change the line to:
Code:
option more_options '--quiet --load-balance'
Press the esc button, and enter :wq for write and quit,
Code:
root@antMiner:~#
should appear again.

Next and last step:
Enter
Code:
vi /etc/init.d/cgminer
Another big menu will appear. Scroll down with arrow down and found the line
Code:
PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-allow $_aa --api-
Important, there are 2 line almost similar, we need to change the line which not begin with #.

Press the i button and change the line to
Code:
PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_mo --api-allow $_aa --api-
Press esc button, and :wq for write and quit. Enter reboot.

Well done! Your miner share now your mining power with all pools that you provide above.

Happy mining!

Pages:
Jump to: