Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Hacked - Change all your gambling site passwords - page 3. (Read 2144 times)

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
Just noticed about this news as I received to email from two different exchange sites that my account is locked due to too many failed login attempts. Luckily both accounts are not active anymore and I dont have any balance there. But seems that all my gambling accounts are safe as I have not received any emails about failed login attempts. Of course I will check one by one to make sure that everything is OK.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Doesent seem so bad. You are safe if you're using 2 fa.
Enabling 2FA will provide added security to your account. It's good to make your accounts with the maximum security. If there is no incorporated wallet then minimal security is enough. Because even if one penetrate, he can't make use of the funds.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
Oh that is a big blow but I don't have any account there and also I have activated 2fa in almost all of my important accounts already so hope I will be in safe side  Grin

Data breach includes user data, including encrypted passwords, email addresses and phone numbers.
If they have strongly encrypted users password when storing in their server than I think hacker might not gain access to user passwords. Am I wrong?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Doesent seem so bad. You are safe if you're using 2 fa.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Just read about it...

Here is the link, if somebody wants to read more: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6v38o5/bitmain_confirmed_being_hacked/

I'm start changing passes.

You don't need to change any passes if all your passes were unique.

They basicallly sent out the worst warning email ever and not much info.

No idea if people's addresses were leaked since people used the same accounts to order Antminers. They aren't disclosing much.
gon
Activity: 460
Merit: 251
Just read about it...

Here is the link, if somebody wants to read more: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6v38o5/bitmain_confirmed_being_hacked/

I'm start changing passes.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
If accounts don't have any funds then it is still fine but remember to active your 2fa function before depositing your funds to any online sites. If fail to do so then you may lose your funds. These hack activities have become more so protect all your online accounts with security features provided all the sites.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Apparently Bitmain got hacked a day or so ago and I am getting email alerts from different services and gambling sites that there was attempted unauthorized accesses.

Just like the Bitcointalk hack a few years back, these hackers are trying to gain access to any and all Bitcoin related services like exchanges, wallets and most likely also gambling sites.

So if you used the same password and had no 2FA enabled you are at risk...

Pages:
Jump to: