Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain has released two GPU miner models: G1 and G2 - page 2. (Read 12812 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
I still could not figure out why Bitmain G2 uses more expensive CPU, RAM and SSD than G1's.

Even though I have no clue about GPU rigs, I would say they go with the normal principle of "Someone always wants to pay premium and buy the most expensive" 
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
I still could not figure out why Bitmain G2 uses more expensive CPU, RAM and SSD than G1's.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
a nice addition to eth network i guess , and may bitmain also add multi algo mining to that gpu miner

imho , i will still build usual mining rig with used part , and brand new gpu with 1-2 year warranty
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
These are worth the extra $ compared to buying a pandaminer, especially if your dual mining.
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
No way. We're back to earning $1/card/day and your talking about over 1 year ROI on this ASSUMING mining doesn't get any less profitable but looking at network growth over the last 2 months you'll never get your ROI on these.

Yeah it's safe to say you can forget about these. Its much cheaper and way more profitable to build your own rig in the long run. A big plus to building your own rig is the resale value of the GPUs. If and when mining eventually becomes unprofitable you would be stuck with this big behemoth of a machine that can't do anything.

What's to stop you from tearing the unit down and parting it out, same as a home built rig?
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Yah - I saw that as well.  16 PCIE on the motherboard and then add another 16 for 8x GPU cards (at least for the 1080ti cards) for a total of 32 PCIE.  That's quite a lot.

I wonder what all those PCIE power connectors are for? I get one to power each slot but the second set?

99 percent sure

the 16 on board are 8 input  on the end.

the other eight go into your gpu

they may want you to use  1060's in the board.

if that is the case  it would be a nice  board not a great one.

eight of these

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-5161-KR

may be what the board is designed for.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Yah - I saw that as well.  16 PCIE on the motherboard and then add another 16 for 8x GPU cards (at least for the 1080ti cards) for a total of 32 PCIE.  That's quite a lot.

I wonder what all those PCIE power connectors are for? I get one to power each slot but the second set?
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
but these will sell

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/colorful_releases_motherboard_that_can_hold_eight_dual_slot_graphics_cards.html

8 gpus   any 1151 cpu   1 sodimm stick of ram

a riser free build

legendary
I run several different models of Pandaminer and personally love them. I get that one-off home miners want to build theirs to save money but if you run volume the simplicity of pre-built custom systems is a blessing.

50 in a good room with venting and good psu's  can be setup in a day.  So for a larger farm you are correct.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
I run several different models of Pandaminer and personally love them. I get that one-off home miners want to build theirs to save money but if you run volume the simplicity of pre-built custom systems is a blessing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
DeepOnions for the WIN!
Meh - just too much hassle and risk to order these from China. So much more fun building your own - and cheaper in any case. Nice try Bitmain, but NO thanks.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Agreed with most of the opinions that building GPU rigs is way more fan,rewarding and economical, with the help and participating in philipma's Thread i will built both Onda motherboard based 6 GPU rigs and Colorful motherboard based 8 GPU rigs.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
I would also say do not buy these. Better to spend money on their ASIC equipment or build your own gpu rig.

Agree for that. We all know how long the warranty process, its better to buy part from local shop and build it yourself, and its fun too.
legendary
No way. We're back to earning $1/card/day and your talking about over 1 year ROI on this ASSUMING mining doesn't get any less profitable but looking at network growth over the last 2 months you'll never get your ROI on these.

Yeah it's safe to say you can forget about these. Its much cheaper and way more profitable to build your own rig in the long run. A big plus to building your own rig is the resale value of the GPUs. If and when mining eventually becomes unprofitable you would be stuck with this big behemoth of a machine that can't do anything.

Agree. I can build those same rigs for $1K less than what they are selling. Plus all mine have value throughout their life cycle.

yeah all my miners are solid working psu's   I go riser free.

with better cpus .

the mobos I linked would be nice to have.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Since buying BTC with CNY is illegal in China now, most likely people will be buying these and even mine at a loss just to earn BTC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
but these will sell

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/colorful_releases_motherboard_that_can_hold_eight_dual_slot_graphics_cards.html

a riser free build

I think I would upgrade to these tho. so much easier.

But way less fun!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

Agree. I can build those same rigs for $1K less than what they are selling. Plus all mine have value throughout their life cycle.
legendary
but these will sell

a riser free build

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
let see the review from someone who use this thing.. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: