Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain is Hodling Nearly $600 Million in Bitcoin Cash - page 3. (Read 478 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 66
You are correct. it will be interesting to see that if and when they decide to do so. A lot of BCH coins are concentrated in the hands of several big whales. They can't dump their coins at once because the price will plummet. They can't sell over time, because their addresses are public knowledge and they are monitored by other BCH traders who know what they are doing. I think that the future BCH price movement critically depends on the behavior of these big holders.

You're right. Any idea who some of the other whales are? I've been doing a bit of research around it but only found Bitmain so far.

Here you go, a medium post from Mar. 1, maybe something has changed in the meantime

Bitmain’s BCH Sales Wallet — This wallet currently controls 2.6% of all BCH (includes non-circulating coins) with almost 441k BCH and, more importantly, have never spent a single coin. We’ll address this wallet more in detail below, but this should confirm / show that Bitmain is a revenue generating machine if they can just sit on such a huge cache of unspent coins. To put this amount in perspective, this wallet has 3x the amount of BCH of Bitfinex’ BCH cold wallet.

Unknown BCH Mining Wallet #1” — Almost definitely ViaBTC or Antpool, this wallet started mining on BCH’s first day (8/1/2017) and currently controls 0.28% of all BCH with 47,421 BCH. This wallet has also never spent a single coin.

Unknown BCH Mining Wallet #2 — Also, almost definitely ViaBTC or Antpool, this wallet controls the 8th most BCH with 0.52% or 88,855 BCH and also hasn’t spent a single coin.

Unknown Wallet — A newer BCH wallet that isn’t a miner wallet and appears to be some kind of sales wallet. This wallet currently controls 78.5k BCH and, yet again, hasn’t sold a single coin. It’s very possible this is Bitmain’s new wallet to replace #1.

Quoted from: https://medium.com/@btcWolves/bch-heading-towards-the-abyss-f1b2b9ec41f1

Read the entire medium post. You will not be disappointed.
Activity: 297
Merit: 1
So now all eyes are into Bitmain for hodling nearly $600 million BCH and right now they cant decide on how they would play what they are hodling because its already known in the public and they cant do as they please to manipulate BCH's prices which is too bad for them and good for us because once they do something on what they are hodling then we know what we need to do whether they want to pump its price or dump it.
Activity: 16
You are correct. it will be interesting to see that if and when they decide to do so. A lot of BCH coins are concentrated in the hands of several big whales. They can't dump their coins at once because the price will plummet. They can't sell over time, because their addresses are public knowledge and they are monitored by other BCH traders who know what they are doing. I think that the future BCH price movement critically depends on the behavior of these big holders.

You're right. Any idea who some of the other whales are? I've been doing a bit of research around it but only found Bitmain so far.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
They will probably trigger a pump and dump people afterward.

I always chose to ignore any bitcoin forks. Even bitcoin cash.
Activity: 392
Merit: 66
Activity: 16
Hi all,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this - couldn't find one.

Could be v. interesting for BCH when they go public and release all that sweet cash!

Source:https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-is-hodling-nearly-600-million-in-bitcoin-cash/
Pages:
Jump to: