Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner - page 19. (Read 16293 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

Well ... it's Monday and no payments made yet from Antpool?

Earnings are sure taking a dive: 59/44/40 and then 28BTM yesterday.

Obviously more units coming online ...

A lot more units came online.

http://miningpoolstats.stream/bytom

It shows 13000 plus now, but last night when I checked there were over 15000. This most likely means that they unplugged some to ship out.

Since they haven't announced a 3rd batch, it could also mean that these are ones they are shipping to Large mining farms.

Now, if Bitmain will kill earnings on a coin they are partnered with, can there be any doubt what they will do with other coins? and just how many machines they will manufacture for other algos?

I think those are new units that were being tested. The bytom per day has dropped alot and price has dropped too. This is not good....
Activity: 57
Merit: 5

A lot more units came online.

http://miningpoolstats.stream/bytom

It shows 13000 plus now, but last night when I checked there were over 15000. This most likely means that they unplugged some to ship out.

Since they haven't announced a 3rd batch, it could also mean that these are ones they are shipping to Large mining farms.

Now, if Bitmain will kill earnings on a coin they are partnered with, can there be any doubt what they will do with other coins? and just how many machines they will manufacture for other algos?
Activity: 471
Merit: 250

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
These fans are irritating, editing the miner conf on putty didn't work for me, the fans speed wasn't getting registered in the GUI before hand so I got separate fan controller to plug the fans into, to manually change the speed.

I simply replaced the original fans with new delta fans... much quieter, without that high-pitched noise... and temps are the same! Smiley
Activity: 227
hi

I took off  the exhaust  fan and now I want to put it again but I don’t remember where I have to plug  it, there are 6 plugs, I can put it in any of them?

You can plug it next to where the other fan is plugged in... they come plugged in next to each other.
Activity: 288
These fans are irritating, editing the miner conf on putty didn't work for me, the fans speed wasn't getting registered in the GUI before hand so I got separate fan controller to plug the fans into, to manually change the speed.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
hi

I took off  the exhaust  fan and now I want to put it again but I don’t remember where I have to plug  it, there are 6 plugs, I can put it in any of them?
Activity: 308
Merit: 110
Looks like those miners don't really like the heat. That would explain the fan locked at 100%. Nothing to compare with D3, S9, or even L3+, which can all stand 60 to 70 degrees easily.

When the chip temp goes over 50, I noticed some drops in hashrate. The closer you get to 60, the bigger the drops become. I also got a couple of time some "??" instead of "oo" in the ASIC status (forgot to take a screen, was to busy restarting the damn thing as fast as possible !). Anyone with the same issue ?

Anyway, I plugged back the rear fan, and I will be more careful about when I turn the AC off  Cheesy

On another hand, I have never got any problem so far while running under 50, and it is mining really smoothly in the low 40.

I know it's bloody hot where I live, but with all the post I saw about people trying to figure out how to keep the fan quiet, you might want to be careful in your experimentation if you don't want to fried your brain new unROIed B3...

I don't know about this but my B3 hash rate is actually higher than normal when it's close to 60C. You can see that one of my boards are at 59C.

That's interesting. At those temp, mine was definitely not running that good !
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 8
Anyone receive a payout from antpool yet? Mining to my MEW address

Antpool had an issue and they're currently upgrading their systems. They will start paying out tomorrow (Monday).
copper member
Looks like those miners don't really like the heat. That would explain the fan locked at 100%. Nothing to compare with D3, S9, or even L3+, which can all stand 60 to 70 degrees easily.

When the chip temp goes over 50, I noticed some drops in hashrate. The closer you get to 60, the bigger the drops become. I also got a couple of time some "??" instead of "oo" in the ASIC status (forgot to take a screen, was to busy restarting the damn thing as fast as possible !). Anyone with the same issue ?

Anyway, I plugged back the rear fan, and I will be more careful about when I turn the AC off  Cheesy

On another hand, I have never got any problem so far while running under 50, and it is mining really smoothly in the low 40.

I know it's bloody hot where I live, but with all the post I saw about people trying to figure out how to keep the fan quiet, you might want to be careful in your experimentation if you don't want to fried your brain new unROIed B3...

I don't know about this but my B3 hash rate is actually higher than normal when it's close to 60C. You can see that one of my boards are at 59C.

Activity: 19
Anyone receive a payout from antpool yet? Mining to my MEW address
Activity: 4
Merit: 10

Thanks, your right, the B3 really doesn't like heat. Noticed the same when my temperature reached 50. Heading today with my B3 in a facility where sound is not a factor.

Activity: 2
So i am also still waiting for the first payments. Have two B3. It works fine on Antpool so it seems besides the payment :-).

I am mining to the rightbtc BTM adres. That is my only concern. Anyone else mining directly to an exchange or is everybody mining to the bytom wallet adres?
Activity: 308
Merit: 110

I tried, it does not work on the B3. Both fans still at max speed.

Tried this:

"bitmain-fan-ctrl" : true,
"bitmain-fan-pwm" : "50"

and

"bitmain-fan-pwm" : "50",

I thought a comma , was missing behind the "50" but no change ...

Same for me, tried:

]                           
"api-listen" : true,         
"api-network" : true,       
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",                         
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,                           
"bitmain-freq" : "_ant_voltage=0706",               
"bitmain-voltage" : "0706",                         
"multi-version" : "1"                               
}   

and this:

]                           
"multi-version" : "1",                               
}   

But no change, fans seems to be still at 100%. Anyone was able to change fan speed?

Sounds like you need to disable fan control?

Maybe something like:

"bitmain-fan-ctrl" : false,

Just tried to put :

Rebooted the miner and nothing changed, still very very noisy.

Went to /var/log/ to look for any clue... but nothing useful.

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

Tried this:

and

Same for me, tried:

]                           
}   

and this:

]                           
}   

But no change, fans seems to be still at 100%. Anyone was able to change fan speed?

Sounds like you need to disable fan control?

Maybe something like:

Tried this:

and

Same for me, tried:

]                           
}   

and this:

]                           
}   

copper member
consensus on antpool vs uupool for best earnings?

Odd coin situation erc20 token -> mainnet

their official wallet built to support both or just mainnet --- aka if youre mining antpool -> official wallet --- coins will be lost?

antpool mining erc20 uupool mining non erc20?

Their site leaves some to be desired for sure . .

Hello Vosk. Bytom wallet only supports their mainnet coin (Not the ERC20 version). Antpool and uupool are both mining on the mainnet (No such thing as mining an ERC20 token). However, Antpool is paying their miners an ERC20 BTM. Are you planning on buying the B3 and making a review?

thanks brother! Well that's what was odd its as if we had another 0xbitcoin on our hands lol

would you want me to put together a review? I must say antminers are normally really simple but this one is odd lol

I do enjoy your videos that's why I asked. I watched your A3 video even after I got mine. I would love to hear your thoughts on Bytom coin and its team.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

their official wallet built to support both or just mainnet --- aka if youre mining antpool -> official wallet --- coins will be lost?

Hello Vosk. Bytom wallet only supports their mainnet coin (Not the ERC20 version). Antpool and uupool are both mining on the mainnet (No such thing as mining an ERC20 token). However, Antpool is paying their miners an ERC20 BTM. Are you planning on buying the B3 and making a review?

thanks brother! Well that's what was odd its as if we had another 0xbitcoin on our hands lol

would you want me to put together a review? I must say antminers are normally really simple but this one is odd lol
copper member

I believe the idea was that Antpool would provide ERC20 tokens which could be instantly cashed in via exchanges, which up to today, only traded the ERC20 tokens with btc and USDT.

Github shows the devs have been hard at work these past few days, and I believe ERC20 token swaps with main net BTM is now happening, and some exchanges are implementing. Hopefully, it should sort itself out within a few days.

There appears to be warnings on the Antpool wallet input field to avoid main net wallet addresses. It may be that mining will not occur if the incorrect wallet format address is input.  Bitmaim has been responsive and I am hopeful this will turn out well for all participants.    

https://medium.com/@Bytom_Official/bytom%E4%B8%A8antminer-b3-tutorial-b1eb7f08c1ef

official tutorial says use bm address on antpool but then antpool states

Official tutorial by Bytom and not antpool. Follow Antpool (Bitmain) instructions and you should be good.
Pages:
Jump to: