Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN!! Make a 200-400 Watt miner!! - page 3. (Read 4366 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
Large companies do not cater to the small fry. They could care less about the guy wanting to run a few tiny units in his apartment. If they spent all that money and R&D time to make a small miner....sure they might sell 1000 or so to the fools that dont care about losing money....but as a company they wont even recoup their costs on building it. So they build a larger miner and sell them by the thousands to mining farms and actually make money. Yet everyone wonders why they dont make smaller miners anymore when the answer seems pretty obvious. I mean all these companies used to make small miners...if they thought there was a market that could support them they would not have stopped.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Who says we want to mine anything other than bitcoin? Some people don't support altcoins.
Or you could easily be like me and many others you want a bit on all spectrums. I am running 4 of your sticks during the summer (an S5*, avalon* and an s3*
(*in the winter for heat)), 2 moonlanders, and 5 gpu's running Eth, 5 750ti, 3 960 for feathercoin. I do this all in an apartment, so I spread the power and the hashes to many algo's as I can. It is for fun most of it.

I do it all to but would love to see some more of bit main stuff priced for home use and not be told by others suck up it, deal with it or how ever you want to put it or what way  .

Same, most of it is for fun but that doesn't mean I/we can't have update to stuff either . That extra champ change or what ever anyone wants to call it i might get, does come in handy from time to time.  
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
I'd rather see bitmain improve their firmware by using mainline cgminer instead of their terrible forked version....
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Who says we want to mine anything other than bitcoin? Some people don't support altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
You guys can just buy 1 GPU and mine ETH. It will use 200 watts.
legendary
Why?

There are better ways to throw away your money.

Exactly. Don't bother with mining if you don't have free electricity at all. It just doesn't make sense at the moment and also it doesn't worth the trouble. Find a way to get free electricity only after then start mining.

spazzdla will burn his money how he sees fit.

yup fuck them it's not there life or money .
legendary
Activity: 1722
Why?

Exactly. Don't bother with mining if you don't have free electricity at all. It just doesn't make sense at the moment and also it doesn't worth the trouble. Find a way to get free electricity only after then start mining.

spazzdla will burn his money how he sees fit.
legendary
May 19, 2016, 03:32:04 PM
Some people like to spend money on fast cars or craft beers or shoes or any number of things many consider useless. Some people want to spend money on home-scale mining gear many consider useless.

I think of it like buying wrenches instead of taking a car to a mechanic. Some people like being more self-sufficient.

why can't more see it this way it has nothing to do with RoI but does which if we had these kind of miners  everyone would have and kept the differently down and slowly increased it and bitmain Polly would have  made more, they shut out a whole different group of buyer with the S7 to me said fuck you pretty much and (were just starting to see who really cares),they all ready had the market. so when  I say : not every one worries about ROI and they come back with BS excuses, i don't say anything because no mater what i say there right ... and  2 post below yours proves that thought .

cya
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 19, 2016, 03:25:41 PM
Why?

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
May 19, 2016, 03:19:13 PM
Some people like to spend money on fast cars or craft beers or shoes or any number of things many consider useless. Some people want to spend money on home-scale mining gear many consider useless.

I think of it like buying wrenches instead of taking a car to a mechanic. Some people like being more self-sufficient.

To "BITMAIN!! Make a 200-400 Watt miner!!" i say;

SIDEHACK!! Make a 200-400 Watt miner!!

I know its more or less up to you, however.
legendary
May 19, 2016, 01:25:04 PM

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
May 19, 2016, 01:13:47 PM
Why?

legendary
May 19, 2016, 12:47:46 PM
Avalon! Make a 200-400W miner! BitFury, support the development of 200-400W miners! Help wrestle some of the market away from Bitmain!
legendary
May 19, 2016, 12:33:42 PM
DO IT

DOOOOOOOOOOO IT.
Then I can get one.

Same!! IT's not the price it's the fact I don't want to use 1200 Watts in my appt. 2-600 watts okay.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
May 19, 2016, 12:22:07 PM
DO IT

DOOOOOOOOOOO IT.
Then I can get one.
legendary
May 19, 2016, 11:47:55 AM
DO IT

DOOOOOOOOOOO IT.