Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 136. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
July 22, 2014, 08:57:31 AM

There is an 8 BTC investment opportunity in GetMarked and Bitmark, which will enable me to keep up with our earned momentum for a month or more, pay for resources required, and provide a fair amount of Bitmarks to any investors, whilst reasonably securing their investment.

If any one has interest do speak up.

of course Wink

deadline?

No deadline to secure the full 8 BTC. As soon as any one makes the first part investment I can immediately give Bitmark/GetMarked my full attention, and restore some much missed time with my family.

An alternative way of looking at it is, if I can secure enough for the first few days, GetMarked can be created to a point that showcases the concept and also Bitmark, to such an extent that the remaining investment flows in. Earn it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
July 22, 2014, 08:42:48 AM

There is an 8 BTC investment opportunity in GetMarked and Bitmark, which will enable me to keep up with our earned momentum for a month or more, pay for resources required, and provide a fair amount of Bitmarks to any investors, whilst reasonably securing their investment.

for sure Wink

deadline?
Bitmark Developer
July 22, 2014, 08:32:34 AM
Bitmark will thrive by having businesses grow out of, and having value, because of its value.

I think it's great! To sow the seeds and nuture a business, an idea, an organisation, that others perceive to be of sufficient 'worth' to consider (so soon) potential off-shoot businesses / services - is this not a great compliment?!

Forwards >>> ! Grin

To have people already planning new businesses and organizations on the back of GetMarked, which is just a single part of Project Bitmark, will surely enhance the value proposition to both users and existing businesses alike.

Things are moving fast on this little thread.

I am sorry to do this but I must bring this back up:

I started defining an unnamed project on this thread exactly 1 month ago today. What is achievable in a single month is clear to see.
To do the same thing for GetMarked and have it adopted and being actively used by non crypto web citizens can be achieved by this date next month.

To balance my families needs, paid work, and bitmark is nearly impossible. To balance all of that and getmarked is impossible.
If I can replace the paid work for clients with a funding/investment to create getmarked, then balance is restored and even more than the last month is achievable.
6 BTC would cover my families needs, all project resources, enable some tips to those helping.
2 BTC would provide a reasonable amount of BTM as investment to those who invested.

After a month we would have bitmark a month more mature, and getmarked beginning to be adopted and used.

The work on bitmark and getmarked will continue with or without this, I do not want to loose our momentum or burn out.

Any future adoption focused side projects would be proposed by me or others, and considered at that time. Some may take a few hours, or some a few weeks, many will fall out naturally and with no cost incurred, others may need some financial commitment in order to be completed.

Taking this transparent approach is fairer, less expensive, less risk, and more guaranteed than anything like IPO, as if getmarked is not of merit and does not earn value then any subsequent proposal would be rejected by any potential investors.

I look forward to our status in one years time, for then the bitmark foundation will cover funding for anything the community decides is worth doing.

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
July 22, 2014, 08:25:12 AM

GPU miners can't mine it fairly, it's impossible, arguments there in wiki ain't make GPU owners to mine it. Lots of Titans will land on this coin and in a week expect incredible difficulty. You have to make it at least scrypt-n, so home miners can win several months. This is it. Good luck.

I am a GPU miner, and I mine it just fine. The network hashrate is still low enough that I have ~300 coins already. I may not have 10,000 like some of the big GPU farm or ASIC miners, but it's a good amount and growing steadily.
Activity: 339
July 22, 2014, 07:58:14 AM
Here is a redacted private message relevant to GetMarked.

I know you aren't too concerned about country code top-level domains but I have registered:  getbitmark.co.uk.

If you ever wish to use the domain (Or you wish for me to point it anywhere) let me know.

Take Care

Thank you, you can also use it.

As getmarked progresses it may be a business for multiple people, probably people who have claimed a stake in bitmark or getmarked early. As businesses expand they need some geographical targeting and management. If it was of interest to you then you may have just registered the domain for the UK branch of a future getmarked organization.

Bitmark cannot manage it, it can create it, support it's growth through the bitmark foundation, but there will come a time when others need to focus on it exclusively.

That makes sense I think!?

Mark

Others may have an opinion on this.

If one considers the proliferation of 'TLDs' it is nigh on impossible for any organisation to cover all bases.

Look at the businesses that have grown on the back of Bitcoin and the domains that have been registered in that space.

Bitmark will thrive by having businesses grow out of, and having value, because of its value.

I think it's great! To sow the seeds and nuture a business, an idea, an organisation, that others perceive to be of sufficient 'worth' to consider (so soon) potential off-shoot businesses / services - is this not a great compliment?!

Forwards >>> ! Grin
Bitmark Developer
July 22, 2014, 07:26:15 AM
Here is a redacted private message relevant to GetMarked.

I know you aren't too concerned about country code top-level domains but I have registered:  getbitmark.co.uk.

If you ever wish to use the domain (Or you wish for me to point it anywhere) let me know.

Take Care

Thank you, you can also use it.

As getmarked progresses it may be a business for multiple people, probably people who have claimed a stake in bitmark or getmarked early. As businesses expand they need some geographical targeting and management. If it was of interest to you then you may have just registered the domain for the UK branch of a future getmarked organization.

Bitmark cannot manage it, it can create it, support it's growth through the bitmark foundation, but there will come a time when others need to focus on it exclusively.

That makes sense I think!?

Mark

Others may have an opinion on this.
Bitmark Developer
July 22, 2014, 07:11:27 AM
GPU miners can't mine it fairly, it's impossible, arguments there in wiki ain't make GPU owners to mine it. Lots of Titans will land on this coin and in a week expect incredible difficulty. You have to make it at least scrypt-n, so home miners can win several months. This is it. Good luck.

GPU miners can mine Bitmark fairly, you will receive an amount of BTM according to how much hashrate you commit to securing the networking for it's users.

Mining is a service offered, not a money printing machine. If you offer a less efficient service that is not as beneficial to the users then your service will not generate as much revenue.

Technology progresses over time, GPU miners made CPU miners redundant, ASICs make GPUs redundant. You keep up or you fall behind.

I am the developer, I do not have an asic, I cannot mine the coin I created. When I can I will buy an asic to do so, and if I want to sooner I will hire one, or later buy some BTM, but that is speculation on my part.

My service is not mining, my service is developing. If your service is mining then treat it as a business and upgrade your hardware, or target your service at people who require gpu hashing to secure their network.

Bitmark's focus is on it's users, the decision to use scrypt is in their best interests, to keep their network reliable and secure.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 22, 2014, 07:06:58 AM

It's not easy these days to come up with a system that covers all the bases. On one hand you have botnets and AWS instances dominating networks and on the other hand you can make it difficult for regular GPU miners such as yourself to mine fairly.

At least we're still at the point where someone with a decent GPU setup can still accumulate a decent amount of Bitmarks still. I know I've rented a few GPU rigs over the last week or so and they were good value for the money.

A few MH still goes a long way at this point.
legendary
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 22, 2014, 06:56:08 AM
Our Proof of Work is Scrypt

God, WHY? ASICs will mine everything.

Does it really make a difference as long as the blocks are coming somewhat on schedule? Emission would be the same either way. And scrypt has been used long enough now that we can be certain that it's a solid algo.

And a lot of us aren't miners and are just renting ASICs to mine. So we would just be renting rigs either way. At least this way we know the network is healthy and secure.

I was initially skeptical of using scrypt as well, but I think it's been working out quite well so far.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
July 22, 2014, 06:43:05 AM

legendary
July 22, 2014, 06:27:43 AM
Our Proof of Work is Scrypt

God, WHY? ASICs will mine everything.
Bitmark Developer
July 22, 2014, 06:25:35 AM
legendary
July 22, 2014, 06:02:06 AM
I didn't find information about what algo this coin uses.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2014, 05:25:20 AM
Merit: 263
July 22, 2014, 05:16:57 AM
July 22, 2014, 04:40:48 AM

I decided to secure getmarked.org for the Foundation but it had been registered.

Hopefully from within the community...

In the spirit of transparency, I have secured mymarks.org

mymarks.com redirects to my2014rewards.com which detects browser and prompts for 'survey' participation in relation to that browser...

So, my motivation for securing mymarks.org is partially speculative - but also driven by my thoughts that this is a good 'marks' related domain and might be useful if the getmarked.org has been secured outside of the community.

Smiley

What do you mean by securing the domain?

Quite simply that - I have registered mymarks.org
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
July 22, 2014, 04:40:08 AM

I´m not 100% sure but probably:
secure retain
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2014, 04:34:34 AM

I decided to secure getmarked.org for the Foundation but it had been registered.

mymarks.com redirects to my2014rewards.com which detects browser and prompts for 'survey' participation in relation to that browser...

So, my motivation for securing mymarks.org is partially speculative - but also driven by my thoughts that this is a good 'marks' related domain and might be useful if the getmarked.org has been secured outside of the community.

Smiley

July 22, 2014, 04:26:56 AM

Smiley

Jump to: