Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 162. (Read 622213 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 09, 2014, 02:08:45 PM
Hi coinsolidation, i want give you just an advice, "BM" is literally too "anonimous" how brand. Sad

Instead "MARK" is so cool, I invite you to reflect on this change. Wink

I love this:

Cool

ADD Today i'm in good form:

Keep it up!

That does look pretty sharp. I'm not sure what type of branding consolidation has in mind though. I know he's put a lot of thought into his vision though.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 09, 2014, 12:31:26 PM
Hi coinsolidation, i want give you just an advice, "BM" is literally too "anonimous" how brand. Sad

Instead "MARK" is so cool, I invite you to reflect on this change. Wink

I love this:

Cool

ADD Today i'm in good form:

Keep it up!

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
July 09, 2014, 11:57:33 AM
Bitmark has upgraded to use QT 4.8.6 when cross compiled for linux, rather than 4.6.4 which is now two years old.

This now allows bitmark-qt to be used on CentOS 6.5 without error, and also improves general rendering.

This is a deviation from Bitcoin which uses 4.6.4, we have opened an issue on the bitcoin repository to suggest they may consider upgrading qt4 in the release process.

I'd like to thank macbackfat for his extensive help in testing on various platforms.
Bitmark Developer
July 09, 2014, 09:35:01 AM
Goodbusy  Grin I might say!
Finally a scrypt coin for the modern scrypt miner with some great thoughts behind it and some real knowledge.
+1

Thank you for your kind words. We are moving ahead with development and have almost secured enough budget to launch the main chain with stable nodes.

In the next few days we'll have real Bitmarks being mined.

I cannot specify an exact date yet, as after further development we will need to do one more pre-release.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 09, 2014, 06:02:09 AM
Goodbusy  Grin I might say!
Finally a scrypt coin for the modern scrypt miner with some great thoughts behind it and some real knowledge.
+1
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
July 08, 2014, 06:54:15 PM
I saw that, which is what I was going for with the 'f.' Unfortunately, almost no fonts have that unicode symbol built into them.

Very nice.

To me, I like the last version on each row Smiley My preference is the monochrome version of the first version.

I would like to hear what you and others think.

Thank you.

+1 on the white/monochrome with the gradient.  That looks nice.
Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 06:41:00 PM
another 0.1 BTC has been donated, thanks to Pentamon. Only 0.2 left to raise Smiley
Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 05:47:20 PM
Update
  • The pre-release has been tested successfully on all platforms now, we are moving on with development (Pending confirmation CentOS).
  • A further 0.1 BTC has kindly been donated by PondSea on behalf of the Qora Community, we are half way to our development budget goal. 0.3 BTC remaining.
Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 05:17:02 PM
I saw that, which is what I was going for with the 'f.' Unfortunately, almost no fonts have that unicode symbol built into them.

Very nice.

To me, I like the last version on each row Smiley My preference is the monochrome version of the first version.

I would like to hear what you and others think.

Thank you.
Activity: 183
July 08, 2014, 04:34:32 PM
Yeah, I can do that. I originally started with the letters lined up, but thought that particular combination of letters looked weird.

If it helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfennig .. there is a lot of historical usage, including a previously used currency symbol which has it's own unicode symbol.

Here's a white text/monochrome version:

And alternate fonts:

Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 04:15:46 PM
Yeah, I can do that. I originally started with the letters lined up, but thought that particular combination of letters looked weird.

If it helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfennig .. there is a lot of historical usage, including a previously used currency symbol which has it's own unicode symbol.
July 08, 2014, 04:10:52 PM
A logo for Pfenning, a simple "Pf" (uppercase P, lowercase f), 1024x1024 in png, any color but I personally like something dark for this, almost black.

Something like this? http://s29.postimg.org/pa9fjicxf/pfennig.png

Thank you, this is a good start.

I don't want to feel like an omnipotent leader here, but can we try white instead of yellow, and a second variant with "Pf" non-italicized with bases aligned, and finally, a monochromatic version (black and white).

Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 03:57:57 PM
A logo for Pfenning, a simple "Pf" (uppercase P, lowercase f), 1024x1024 in png, any color but I personally like something dark for this, almost black.

Something like this? http://s29.postimg.org/pa9fjicxf/pfennig.png

Thank you, this is a good start.

I don't want to feel like an omnipotent leader here, but can we try white instead of yellow, and a second variant with "Pf" non-italicized with bases aligned, and finally, a monochromatic version (black and white).
July 08, 2014, 02:39:15 PM

Something like this?

July 08, 2014, 02:31:28 PM
You are in luck.  Smiley

I have a handful of CentOS based VMs (6.4 to be exact) that I can put through the mill with the pre-compiled binaries.  I'll let you know how it works out. 
Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 02:21:02 PM
Talk to me more about the Fedora task.

I'm more of a CentOS man but the core is, literally, the same thing.
You need someone to build  the server and client components on it?

Yes, I currently don't have an rpm based linux distribution setup as vm or physical machine as I've migrated to debian across the board.
Building is of secondary concern, of primary concern is ensuring the cross compiled binaries provided for linux available under the pre-release work on either fedora or centos.
If you have a headless distro then fire up bitmarkd and see if it works. If a gui variant then bitmark-qt.

Thank you for your extensive testing macbackfat.
July 08, 2014, 02:06:29 PM
Talk to me more about the Fedora task.

I'm more of a CentOS man but the core is, literally, the same thing.
You need someone to build  the server and client components on it?
July 08, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

coinsolidation/mymenace: Can we get the vector version of the logo uploaded to the Github repo? This will make future designs easier.
Bitmark Developer
July 08, 2014, 12:31:40 PM

I've built two more coin logo options with a little cleaner font usage and more desaturated purple. If you like either of them, I can tweak anything you'd like, and make a branding guide for it.

Thank you, your efforts are appreciated, with the future in mind we have found that BMK is already used by financial institutions, "B" is used by the obvious, and so we reduced to two characters "BM" for the icon, and "BTM" for the currency code. I must confess that I am happy with the current logo and alternatives provided by mymenace.

Would you mind if I asked you to divert any attention you are willing to give to something else?

We have two current needs graphically:
  • The word "Bitmark" for a full logo to use on headers and the website. example - our existing icon can be found here the alternative glossy logo is also fine to use as an icon prefix
  • A logo for Pfenning, a simple "Pf" (uppercase P, lowercase f), 1024x1024 in png, any color but I personally like something dark for this, almost black.

Any efforts you may make towards either of these would be greatly appreciated.
July 08, 2014, 12:16:33 PM

I've built two more coin logo options with a little cleaner font usage and more desaturated purple. If you like either of them, I can tweak anything you'd like, and make a branding guide for it.

Jump to: