Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac) - page 2. (Read 654616 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 28, 2017, 12:12:18 PM
Hi all!

I am a new and fresh in "btc miner".
Please help explain what does it means:

DURATION time in the "BTC table" and where can I find my reward (%) for mining in the pool ?

Thank you for your help!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
July 14, 2017, 02:02:18 PM
Are you 100% positive that potential disruption of the Bitcoin network on August 1st won't affect Bitcoin miners ?

I am 100% positive that events in the near future WILL affect bitcoin miners. One way or another. But I don't think that's a reason to stop mining at the current time.

I would have to plug in Ethernet cable into Antminer S9 and I'm averaging about 55MBPS in my house. Is it good enough Internet speed for mining Bitcoins or higher speed would be better ? Does Internet speed affect mining Bitcoins?

Mining barely uses any bandwidth. You won't notice it on your 55 Mbps.

High latency can cause stale work though. If mining over a satellite connection or old 56K modem then you will have more stale work than other miners.
July 14, 2017, 01:45:48 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply  Smiley but, i do have some more questions for you.

Are you 100% positive that potential disruption of the Bitcoin network on August 1st won't affect Bitcoin miners ?

I would have to plug in Ethernet cable into Antminer S9 and I'm averaging about 55MBPS in my house. Is it good enough Internet speed for mining Bitcoins or higher speed would be better ? Does Internet speed affect mining Bitcoins?

Thank you 

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
July 14, 2017, 04:53:17 AM
What do you think about this setup?

Antminer S9 is a fast miner.

Is Bitminter software easy to setup on Windows and is it easy to use ?

The java app is for PCs and old USB-based ASICs. Modern ASICs (like S9) are stand-alone machines that don't need a PC to mine. You don't need any software other than a browser. You use a browser on your PC to configure the miner.

Does Bitminter supports ASICs ?

Yes, all bitcoin mining pools support ASICs. It is completely pointless to mine with anything else.

Are there any fees for pool or any other fees, if so, how many % ?

The pool pays out 99% of the coins from a block. That's the newly created coins and also income from transaction fees (very important these days with high transaction fees). After this you can pay more to activate features. This can be turned off or otherwise managed under "my account" -> "donations and perks" in the website menu.

Could you just briefly give me some steps what should I do as soon as I receive it ?

To set up the hardware, you can look at these instructions: http://www.dogiecoin.com/bitmain-antminer-s9.html

When you configure the S9 (using a browser on your PC), here are the pool settings:
pool url: mint.bitminter.com:3333
worker: user_worker
password: 123

user_worker is your user name, an underscore, then a worker name. The user name is shown in the upper right corner at bitminter.com when logged in. Your worker names are shown under "my account" -> "workers" in the website menu. As a new user you start out with a worker named 1. If your user name was John you could then mine as John_1. You could even mine with just the name John, because that worker is set up as a default worker. Such worker settings can be access by clicking the gear icon for the worker on the workers page of the website.

1 more important questions because, I'll receive it before August 1st. and there is some important news about Bitcoin.
Should I set it up before August 1st. ?

Yes. I don't see any reason to wait with mining.
July 14, 2017, 12:01:17 AM
Hello DrHaribo,
 someone tolled me about Bitcoin mining so after couple of weeks research and study I decided to give it try and I did purchase AntMiner S9 13.5TH/S ASIC and PSU EVGA 1600w G2 Gold. No, it wasn't cheap.
I heaven't receive it yet. Anyway, my questions are.
What do you think about this setup?
I'm not really computer geek.
Is Bitminter software easy to setup on Windows and is it easy to use ?
Does Bitminter supports ASICs ?
Are there any fees for pool or any other fees, if so, how many % ?
Could you just briefly give me some steps what should I do as soon as I receive it ?

1 more important questions because, I'll receive it before August 1st. and there is some important news about Bitcoin.
Should I set it up before August 1st. ?

Thank you for your help

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 11, 2017, 07:15:28 PM
so you are a pool with your own miner?

Yep. I noticed all the pools are almost the same, and that the miners could be improved. So I created a pool+miner combo that is different (better in my opinion) from the others out there. The pool works with other miners too, though.

Looks pretty cool, not sure if people would like to be locked in to your pool. (not dising your pool but I like to move around)

any thoughts of making it work with other sites?

It's just intended as a benefit for pool members. I don't plan to make it work with other pools, instead I plan to add extra pool-specific features when I get the time. Since I also wrote the pool backend myself it's easy to add new communication between pool and miner.

Good call, brother! Wish you the best of luck with that!

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
June 29, 2017, 02:58:59 PM
I cant get this work.  It doesnt start. It only dowloads bitminter.jnlp and I cant use that file. Can you help?

jnlp files load with java from java.com

The certificate is expired so you will need to add https://bitminter.com to the exception list of the security tab of the java control panel, if you want to try this.

Note however that you don't earn anything by mining bitcoin with a PC anymore. You need ASICs.
Activity: 4
June 29, 2017, 02:22:07 PM
I got these errors. Can yo help?

2017.06.29 [21:41] BitMinter Client v1.6.1 started
2017.06.29 [21:41] No OpenCL-compatible GPUs detected
2017.06.29 [21:41] Probing all ports for external devices
2017.06.29 [21:41]  Probe failed: No serial ports found
2017.06.29 [21:41] No external devices detected.
2017.06.29 [21:41]  No devices to start! Please connect mining hardware to USB port(s) and use devices menu to probe for them.
2017.06.29 [21:42]  Uncaught exception in thread AWT-EventQueue-2 scala.runtime.NonLocalReturnControl$mcV$sp
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 12, 2017, 02:18:50 PM
i have downloaded this software but its blocked by JAVA...
please help me how to run this client software.......

It's signed with an old certificate. You can add https://bitminter.com to the exception list of the security tab of the java control panel.

But I'd really recommend buying modern mining hardware instead. Modern ASICs are stand-alone machines and don't need a PC to mine.
Activity: 1
April 12, 2017, 01:23:40 PM
i have downloaded this software but its blocked by JAVA...
please help me how to run this client software.......

https://bitminter.com/images/carousel-client.jpg

Bitminter mining pool has it's own custom miner.

Features of Bitminter client:
  • Easy to use good-looking GUI
  • Zero installation(!)
  • Supported ASICs: Butterfly Labs (except Monarch), Block Erupter USB (and other Icarus-compatible), Chili, Red/Blue Fury, Antminer U1/U2
  • Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X

No need to manually install it, and certainly no need to build/compile it yourself.

Try it now:
  • 1. Fill in the pool sign-up form at https://bitminter.com/signup
  • 2. Start the miner with "engine start" here or on our website (Java required)
  • 3. Experience mining the way it should be

https://bitminter.com/images/start.png

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
April 05, 2017, 10:20:45 PM
This is what i like. I am planning to buy asic block eruptor usb soon and I will use this software to mine bitcoin.  Grin
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
January 15, 2017, 06:04:53 PM
Try a bitcoin mining calculator. Here is a simple one: https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
This one doesn't take electricity into account though. Whether you earn more than the electricity costs of course depends on what you pay for electricity. So you'll need to run some numbers. In some countries electricity is very expensive and mining with a profit is just not possible.

Remember that bitcoin price and difficulty keep changing over time. Also there is the reward halvings to consider.

Happy to hear you like the pool Smiley
Activity: 23
January 15, 2017, 12:09:31 PM
Hey DrHaribo

Just out of curiosity, how much can i "earn" with a 1TH/S miner?
it´s not for making big money i guess?! but will it pay the elctric bill and eventually the investment for the hardware?

thx for info! great mining homepage/software that you created Smiley

cheers
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
January 13, 2017, 11:58:16 AM
Hi DrHaribo,   Quick question someone was offering me a GekkoScience usb stick for 40 bucks,  i am strictly doing this
as a hobbiest.  If i just stuck that stick in my laptop would your bitminter program see it, and be able to mine with it?
I don't really want to be bothered buying and setting up a raspberry pi for just one stick. 
thanks

This model is not supported, so you need to use bfgminer or cgminer.

This is an 8 GH/s USB stick, which currently mines $0.15 worth of bitcoin per month on average? Not considering future difficulty increases or reward halvings.

I guess it's an old an inefficient ASIC chip, and unless you mine with a raspberry pi, beaglebone or similar, the PC would also add a lot of electricity usage.

I wouldn't buy USB-miners in 2017. Maybe you could buy it for 0.50 USD or 1 USD if you just want to see how mining works. I would certainly not pay 40 USD for it.
Activity: 94
Merit: 5
January 13, 2017, 10:03:21 AM
Hi DrHaribo,   Quick question someone was offering me a GekkoScience usb stick for 40 bucks,  i am strictly doing this
as a hobbiest.  If i just stuck that stick in my laptop would your bitminter program see it, and be able to mine with it?
I don't really want to be bothered buying and setting up a raspberry pi for just one stick. 
thanks
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
December 16, 2016, 04:08:47 PM
In theory you would earn something if you mined for millions of years

.. and you had free electricity.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
December 16, 2016, 04:08:00 PM
is it still working?

Yes, but you earn nothing using it. To actually earn something you need modern stand-alone ASIC miners that don't use a PC to mine.

In theory you would earn something if you mined for millions of years - but that's a bit long.
brand new
Activity: 0
December 15, 2016, 05:16:15 AM
Will it work in Windows 10 ?
Activity: 12
December 16, 2016, 03:49:17 PM
is it still working?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
December 15, 2016, 05:46:30 AM
Will it work in Windows 10 ?

The java app is for old hardware. Mining with old USB-based ASIC miners is now pointless, just like mining with a plain PC. Modern miners are stand-alone ASIC miners that don't need to be connected to a PC to mine. For an example have a look at the Antminer S9.
Pages:
Jump to: