Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac) - page 41. (Read 654627 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Am I the only one that can't get this miner to detect the bitforce singles? I should mention that I did install the FTDI drivers, but I did _not_ reboot yet. Both miners work fine in MPBM though.

You clicked "devices->probe all ports" in the menus? Which OS are you on?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Am I the only one that can't get this miner to detect the bitforce singles? I should mention that I did install the FTDI drivers, but I did _not_ reboot yet. Both miners work fine in MPBM though.

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
well i removed the GPUs and put em back on cgminer and kept my bitforce running on your client. seems to be in better order like that so Il keep it as is Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Left 4 x 6970's mining and a BFL single mining overnight.

2781 accepted.
9440 rejected.

never has this issue with any other miner before.

I never heard of anyone having such an issue with this miner either. Is there anything in the log (text part of the window) to give a clue as to what went wrong? Perhaps network problems?

Currently on my computer I have 317609 accepted and 46 rejected. That's 4 GPUs. BFL units seem to run a bit higher, roughly 0.3% rejected.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Left 4 x 6970's mining and a BFL single mining overnight.

2781 accepted.
9440 rejected.

never has this issue with any other miner before.

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Do you have an overview, how many singles and mini rigs are/will be there in the BitMinter network?

At least 4 mini rigs and a whole bunch of singles. There are also users mining with other FPGA devices and several people ordered the new Cairnsmore. I intend to add support for more FPGA devices in the future. First I would just like to get v1.2.0 out with BFL support.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I ordered a mini rig today, let's see how fast they will get it to me.
Is Bitminter ready for such a device? shure hope so, otherwise I think we will make it work somehow.
Ready for testing...

There's one issue I'm still working on with the beta. It seems to not grab new work from the server fast enough. This will surely be a problem with a mini rig. But it will be fixed long before your mini rig arrives. Smiley

Currently observed: Windows 7 with 8 singles shows slow work queue buildup but runs ok. Mac OS X with 10 singles ends up with an utterly depleted work queue and devices idling. A fix for this should be coming soon.

Congrats on getting a mini rig! I think it's awesome that so many in the pool are getting singles and mini rigs. I aim to make the miner run as smoothly on them as possible.

Thanks, that sound's good.
Do you have an overview, how many singles and mini rigs are/will be there in the BitMinter network?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Is Bitminter ready for such a device? shure hope so, otherwise I think we will make it work somehow.
Ready for testing...

There's one issue I'm still working on with the beta. It seems to not grab new work from the server fast enough. This will surely be a problem with a mini rig. But it will be fixed long before your mini rig arrives. Smiley

Currently observed: Windows 7 with 8 singles shows slow work queue buildup but runs ok. Mac OS X with 10 singles ends up with an utterly depleted work queue and devices idling. A fix for this should be coming soon.

Congrats on getting a mini rig! I think it's awesome that so many in the pool are getting singles and mini rigs. I aim to make the miner run as smoothly on them as possible.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I finally got my BitForce Single running with BitMinter on a linuxcoin system.
Running just fine, it almost doubled my hash rate.

Ready for testing...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
So far, everything's working great!  Love the minimal view too!  I'm only keeping 4 of my 10 BFL's, but hey, even 4 with the full spread view is a bit much, so it helps.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I'll have 10 of them come Monday... with how much space each one takes up on the screen, a more condensed overview option would be nice!

Here's v1.2.0 beta 9. You can click the green arrows to switch between full and compact display for each device.

New since beta 8:
  • Scan devices one by one to circumvent concurrency bugs in serial port library
  • Raise priority of serial port I/O threads to improve performance during high CPU load. This should fix "command timed out" and "extranous data" errors. If the program is starved of CPU time you can still run out of work, see hash rate drop due to slow work dispatch and stales rise due to slow reaction time. Note if you are CPU-mining: run the CPU miner at low priority and/or not on all CPU cores.
  • The start button of the "total" device display now starts only the visible devices instead of all devices the first time you click it. The next time you use it to start devices it will resume those you stopped with it, like it always did. The start button on the status bar is the same.
  • Added minimize/maximize buttons on each device. The compact display is handy if you have a long list of devices. Remembered across restarts.
  • Adjusted expected hash rate (green zone) for AMD Juniper GPU
  • Fixed miner GUI bugs

legendary
I'll have 10 of them come Monday... with how much space each one takes up on the screen, a more condensed overview option would be nice!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Thanks for testing it, SgtSpike. Glad you like it! The experience you are talking about is exactly the reason I made this.

Like you, many are now getting quite a few BFL singles. Also, I'm not sure whether the rig box will show up as a whole heap of devices. I will look into making an alternative display mode so it is easier to manage that many units. Coming in the next beta, hopefully the last before 1.2.0 goes out.
legendary
I've been hashing on Bitminter with 2/10 of my BFL's for the past several hours... no issues at all!  Getting about 850 MH/s on the 864 MH/s firmware.

Quite honestly, this was the easiest to set up.  I tried BFL's EasyMiner, and it wouldn't let me select the "mine" option on the home screen.   Huh  Tried ufasoft and cgminer, but didn't spend the time to figure out how to set it up properly, as I was trying to hurry.  Downloaded BitMinter, and it worked perfectly right out of the box.

Thanks!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
v1.2.0 beta 8 is ready. Finishing up the BFL features.

Added an identify button which will cause the BFL unit to blink its light. Will not work on the earliest BFL units. Someone let me know if the light actually blinks - I'm programming this remotely. Tongue

Added an awesome looking temperature display. If you'd rather have Fahrenheit than Celsius you can toggle that in the menu: View -> Use Fahrenheit. It will change the next time it checks the temp. There's a new setting in tune & tweak that lets you select at which point the temperature bar should go red and the little light (in the GUI) start to blink. Defaults: blink at 62 C, shutdown at 75 C. Not sure how good those settings are, but I read somewhere that the BFL singles throttle at 65 C, so they should be ok.

This should make BFL support feature complete and take care of all known bugs.

Blinking works, and the temp gauge looks Great!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
v1.2.0 beta 8 is ready. Finishing up the BFL features.

Added an identify button which will cause the BFL unit to blink its light. Will not work on the earliest BFL units. Someone let me know if the light actually blinks - I'm programming this remotely. Tongue

Added an awesome looking temperature display. If you'd rather have Fahrenheit than Celsius you can toggle that in the menu: View -> Use Fahrenheit. It will change the next time it checks the temp. There's a new setting in tune & tweak that lets you select at which point the temperature bar should go red and the little light (in the GUI) start to blink. Defaults: blink at 62 C, shutdown at 75 C. Not sure how good those settings are, but I read somewhere that the BFL singles throttle at 65 C, so they should be ok.

This should make BFL support feature complete and take care of all known bugs.

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Beta 7 is out. I have rewritten serial port reading to work around yet another bug in the serial port library. It was causing timeouts on Mac OS X. If you were having timeouts, please try this version. Getting close to finished now. Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Waiting for the singles Undecided

Trying to finish miner support before you get them Wink

Version 1.2.0 Beta 6:
  • Always show devices you connect while the miner is running. Still hide devices you hid during the previous session if they are there at startup.
  • Limit which serial devices get scanned on Macs. Hopefully takes care of the last crashes.
  • Improved error recovery and error messages on BFL units.
  • Small tweaks in serial communication.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
Waiting for the singles Undecided
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Beta 5 is out.

Changes: able to recover from more error situations. Also changed the communication with BFL devices a little and the error messages.

If you had timeouts before then it may run better, or at least give some useful messages in the log. Please let me know if it runs better now or if you get errors please cut and paste them in a message to me.

Please try it out:

Pages:
Jump to: