Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 52. (Read 220699 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
My mining speed is ridiculous: 0.0005 coins per day (i started yesterday) 1800 khps ... ? how can i improve this?

Stop mining on CPU, it makes no sense.

Check out https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

If it is the GeForce G210 you have, then you should be able to get 3.38-3.79 Mhps, which is at least faster than your CPU. If the GPU doesn't show up in the miner then perhaps it is an older GPU that doesn't support OpenCL. G210 vs 210, I don't know Nvidia models well. Either way, Nvidia GPUs are very very slow for making bitcoins, especially the older models.

But have a look at the ASICs at the URL above. Soon all GPUs will be ridiculously slow for making bitcoins. After the ASICs come out it probably won't make sense to mine on anything else.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
My mining speed is ridiculous: 0.0005 coins per day (i started yesterday) 1800 khps ... ? how can i improve this?
Activity: 42
Disable CPU mining, but leave GPU mining on.
Activity: 19
I get this warning Warning: Electricity-wasting slow CPU implementation in use

How can i improve my parameters??

This are my HW specs: CPU core i 5 2400

GPU : Geforce 210

Or probably bitcoin mining is not for me?
Activity: 21
I Still can't post in the main forums yet so I will ask here, hopefully you guys don't mind since one of yall can make some money. I'm would like this prgrogram which costs $5 USD and am offering .77 BTC for it, which is about 8.10 USD. PM if you would be willing to make that trade. Mods feel free to delete this if you like, I just have no where to put this.
Activity: 41
That's right.
I think that you have to install oldest drivers for 5.... series card.You will have more speed than now with the newest.
I'm on 11.9 with 5-series card.You have to try if you want that.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I fixed this by reinstalling catalyst with the SDK portion enabled.

Good that you solved it. The important part is to have the OpenCL drivers installed.
I fixed this by reinstalling catalyst with the SDK portion enabled.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I have a Radeon 5770 with the latest Catalyst Drivers (12.10). All I've done is config my BitMinter account and installed the program. Is there a reason why it's not detecting my GPU?

Did you reboot since you installed Catalyst? Could be worth a shot.

Are those Catalyst drivers directly from amd.com or some crippled drivers from a laptop manufacturer?

Unfortunately Dell and HP force their customers to use Dell/HP mutated versions of Catalyst. At least a year or two ago they also tried to "help" you by removing useless things you don't need, like OpenCL. Maybe this situation has improved now, but I've seen that in the past.

I try to stick to Asus products when I can, as they don't suck, in my experience.
I'm having an issue:

https://i.imgur.com/8ay1D.png

I have a Radeon 5770 with the latest Catalyst Drivers (12.10). All I've done is config my BitMinter account and installed the program. Is there a reason why it's not detecting my GPU?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
With me making so much from this pool I wish there were more easy ways to use my Bitcoins. I want to buy food with it on a whimsy or something.. Guess I have to wait for BitInstant to finish making their debit cards.

There's also Bitcurex. Their debit cards are very nice. At this moment there aren't many BTC buyers though.
Activity: 21
With me making so much from this pool I wish there were more easy ways to use my Bitcoins. I want to buy food with it on a whimsy or something.. Guess I have to wait for BitInstant to finish making their debit cards.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
14 blocks in the first 10 hours of the (UTC) day. This should be a pretty good day. Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
My  Windows update does not recognize Miner Quad mode. Where can I get drivers for WIN 7 Ultimate, 32 bit. I changed firmware too. Maybe it's not good? Can you help me?

What is miner quad mode? Do you mean ModMiner Quad FPGA? It is not supported in BitMinter client. You will need to use a different miner.
Activity: 5
Pretty nice. Mine's named Jupiter.
[/My  Windows update does not recognize Miner Quad mode. Where can I get drivers for WIN 7 Ultimate, 32 bit. I changed firmware too. Maybe it's not good? Can you help me?quote]
Activity: 5
The main thread, with all the details: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=27062.0

This is the BitMinter newbie thread, it's here so new forum users can post about BitMinter while they are still restricted to the newbie area.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/DrHaribo/Cayman.png

The Cayman - pushing it into the red (don't try this at home)

My  Windows update does not recognize Miner Quad mode. Where can I get drivers for WIN 7 Ultimate, 32 bit. I changed firmware too. Maybe it's not good? Can you help me?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
I still want to get around to trying out this pool sometime.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I can vouch for this pool - I used it a year ago when I first started GPU mining and I still do today.

Nice GUI and web based monitoring (handy for when I am at work) - plus you can use your own mining software if you wish!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
WOW!!!! 20 blocks so far today.  Grin

Is this a new record?

Yeah, the old record was 18. Very lucky day.  Grin
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
17 blocks already today. We could break the record! Grin