Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 9. (Read 220667 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503
so is mh/s or gh/s better. I can get ASICMiner Block Erupter USB 336MH for $20

GH/s is better.

Hash rate denominations

1 kH/s is 1,000 (one thousand) hashes per second
    1 MH/s is 1,000,000 (one million) hashes per second.
    1 GH/s is 1,000,000,000 (one billion) hashes per second.
    1 TH/s is 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) hashes per second.
    1 PH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) hashes per second.

Conversions

1 MH/s = 1,000 kH/s
    1 GH/s = 1,000 MH/s = 1,000,000 kH/s
    1 TH/s = 1,000 GH/s = 1,000,000 MH/s = 1,000,000,000 kH/s
    and so forth

To be totally honest, those usb chips are obsolete unless you use them to learn with.  You would be better off getting an antminer U1 which gives you 1.6 to 2.2 gh/s each for around $60 bucks on Amazon.

From what I've read the Antminer S1 is the best bang for your buck right now from Bitmain.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
so is mh/s or gh/s better. I can get ASICMiner Block Erupter USB 336MH for $20
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
So does that mean I don't get the pre pay? It shows between 3000 and 5000 hps

Prepay is a perk you can turn on and off as you please, under "my account" -> "donations and perks" in the website menu.

3000-5000 hps is so low that must surely be wrong. Maybe 3-5 Mhps (3000-5000 khps)? That was a suitable speed in 2009-2010, but not in 2014. Have a look at some ASIC hardware: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#ASIC
So does that mean I don't get the pre pay? It shows between 3000 and 5000 hps
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Hello Everyone as u can guess I am new to this and would like to get a better understanding on how the pre-pay for blocks works? Also
I have bit minter and cg miner running and the live stats show 0 workers. I have refreshed several times and still shows zero  Sad

With prepay you get paid when a block is found, without prepay you get paid when a block is confirmed.

If you have an extremely low hashrate (below 150 Mhps) then the website is unable to make an estimate of your hashrate, and it looks like you are not mining. Mining still works, you just don't get a live hashrate display on the website.
Hello Everyone as u can guess I am new to this and would like to get a better understanding on how the pre-pay for blocks works? Also
I have bit minter and cg miner running and the live stats show 0 workers. I have refreshed several times and still shows zero  Sad
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Bitminter client automatically connects to the Bitminter pool.

Hardware for mining bitcoin today is ASIC: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#ASIC
Activity: 1
Hi there, great job by the way, I am fairly new to this, only just started mining myself as it happens.

So I have a couple questions:

1. When you run the Bitminter program will it automatically connect to a pool? Or is that manual process?
(I don't understand how to connect to a pool if I have to do it myself)

2. I noticed that GPU isn't a great way to mine anymore, which one is more efficient nowadays? FPGA or ASIC.?

Thanks.
Activity: 5
I left it running at my work when I come home. And after a while, I check worker and found out it suddenly frozen up. Will check for detail tomorrow, when I arrive at work.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I used Nvidia VGA (will swith to antminer U1 next week when it arrive)

Hmm, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Does it get gradually slower, or does it just suddenly freeze up?

Could you take a look at the memory usage and see how high it is when the client is frozen like that? (You can see that with windows task manager)
I used Nvidia VGA (will swith to antminer U1 next week when it arrive)
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Hi Dr.

I'm currently facing problem with JVM. I'm using 2 machines to mine with bitminter miner, one at home and one at work. My machine at home work perfectly as it should be. But with my machine at work, after a while, the bitminter miner will stop responding. Any advice to fix this problem?

Are you mining with BFL ASICs at home? There's a memory leak in the BFL mining code. This is fixed in the next version - beta coming very soon.
Hi Dr.

I'm currently facing problem with JVM. I'm using 2 machines to mine with bitminter miner, one at home and one at work. My machine at home work perfectly as it should be. But with my machine at work, after a while, the bitminter miner will stop responding. Any advice to fix this problem?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
just wanna say hi!
I've been mining in this pool for 3 month+ w/ my 60GH Bf Miner.
Great Job, doc!

Hi, and thanks for being part of the pool Smiley
just wanna say hi!
I've been mining in this pool for 3 month+ w/ my 60GH Bf Miner.
Great Job, doc!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Green CDF All the Way!  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hello guys, Im new here

I tried to download bit minter, but it always says me that i have to install Java Runtime Env… but i have already installed and updated it….

This happens when I click download bit minter at bit minter homepage…..

Help and tnx a lot

That is what happened here on one machine I had Java 6.14 on (was used for game engine terrain generation and need J6)
I removed J6 in control panel, went to java and did the newest auto thing. 7.45 or something.
works again here. try the remove older java client utility on windows at the java site to see if a old version is still showing.
Hello guys, Im new here

I tried to download bit minter, but it always says me that i have to install Java Runtime Env… but i have already installed and updated it….

This happens when I click download bit minter at bit minter homepage…..

Help and tnx a lot
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
On a side note: Where is OpenGL ? they change it to OpenCL ?

OpenGL is for graphics. OpenCL is for computations (open compute language).
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi guys help please  Angry i getting this error what should i do error is

No devices to start! Please connect mining hardware to USB port(s) and use devices menu to probe for them.

If you are using USB asic devices only, install this after unplugging them all.
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
Then reboot and add them in, let windows find them and install the new drivers.
reboot again (sometimes port numbers will change to true ones.

fire up bitminter client it will find your devices.
Not finding any GPUs is because they are not OpenCl compatible.

On a side note: Where is OpenGL ? they change it to OpenCL ?
I remember OpenGL was the protocol of choice a while back (quake era).
Pages:
Jump to: