Pages:
Author

Topic: BitPay Integrates Bitcoin with Fulfillment by Amazon.com - page 2. (Read 3461 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Very cool. Two of the main things I spend money on in the same week moving to Bitcoin.

I e-mailed my mortgage broker to ask if they will take payments in bitcoin just for the trifecta. Tongue

Edit: Response from my mortgage company. No Bitcoin support...darn.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I thought gold will go to stratosphere...... Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
I think it means, you as a merchant, can sell your stuff through amazon (look up FBA with them) and then with the wordpress plugin you can take payment directly with bitcoin then have them ship your merchandise. It looks to me like you can only ship what you own in an Amazon warehouse. Can this be confirmed?

You may want to check out the Fulfillment By Amazon Youtube Channel. Very surprised they are not on Bitpay's Amazon page. The video on exporting is particularly complimentary with Bitcoin.

This is also going to have some interesting effects for creative entrepreneurs.

This issue of tax, particularly a potential national sales tax in the US, is extremely important in the context of Amazon's FBA. A creative entrepreneur will be able to route around it pretty easily which will allow arbitrage opportunity in price for customers. It will be increasingly difficult for the larger targets, like Amazon, to maintain their margins especially while having credit card fees, chargebacks and PCI compliance. But by decentralizing the merchants but still having centralized warehousing and fulfillment it is a potential route around; particularly for non-US persons.

Exciting times!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
You bitpay guys are a bunch of magnificent bastahds! Smiley
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Infinite Awesome.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I think it means, you as a merchant, can sell your stuff through amazon (look up FBA with them) and then with the wordpress plugin you can take payment directly with bitcoin then have them ship your merchandise. It looks to me like you can only ship what you own in an Amazon warehouse. Can this be confirmed?

This is correct.

If you are a seller and have inventory in Amazon's warehouses, you can sell them item yourself, on your own website, and have Amazon ship the merchandise. 
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

YOURE GREAT !!!!!

Activity: 434
Correct, at least that's what the article says. A huge step in the right direction though.
Activity: 504
WTF???
Activity: 203
Well what does this mean? Can I buy any stuff listed on Amazon with Bitcoin now? Or just a small percentage of stuff? How much stuff then?
Activity: 336
Love & Sound Emotroniks
guys u rock
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
ah you beat me to it, yes this is a great addition to our service!

https://bitpay.com/amazon

Is it fair to assume amazon approved this?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
This is very interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

Holy smokes! How did you guys pull this one off? Nice going!
Activity: 742

Activity: 161
Pages:
Jump to: