Pages:
Author

Topic: BitPlastic - page 5. (Read 20413 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 29, 2013, 11:03:16 PM
First of all it costs too much initially. Then the fees are ridiculous. I can't see them getting much business.

I agree and just looking at the fees and the start price it looks like they are only looking at the business plan from the aspect of making their money back and not at the long-term of making it a full-time business otherwise they would lower the initial cost and their fees down were it becomes attractive to everyone and instead of breaking even on a few people and then going bankrupt they would have a very viable long-term business generating a profit.

Microsoft thinks this way, with every XBOX 360 sold Microsoft took a hit of $100 or so. I am not sure if they are taking any hit on the Xbox One but it wouldn't surprise me if they where. MS knew if they sold it in volume that people would buy buy their services which would make up for the loss, well these guys at Bit Plastic already have the service they just need to think of it in terms of volume.

NASA thought in terms of volume when the Space Shuttle was around and not blowing up, they offered to put companies satellites into orbit at half the cost it would take to launch them by rocket. They had people lined up out the door! Smiley And then they fucked up and blew the shuttle up! Sad Sad

I sincerely doubt they had a business plan, not one that didn't deserve to go in the bin anyway Wink
Activity: 616
December 29, 2013, 12:01:22 PM
First of all it costs too much initially. Then the fees are ridiculous. I can't see them getting much business.

I agree and just looking at the fees and the start price it looks like they are only looking at the business plan from the aspect of making their money back and not at the long-term of making it a full-time business otherwise they would lower the initial cost and their fees down were it becomes attractive to everyone and instead of breaking even on a few people and then going bankrupt they would have a very viable long-term business generating a profit.

Microsoft thinks this way, with every XBOX 360 sold Microsoft took a hit of $100 or so. I am not sure if they are taking any hit on the Xbox One but it wouldn't surprise me if they where. MS knew if they sold it in volume that people would buy buy their services which would make up for the loss, well these guys at Bit Plastic already have the service they just need to think of it in terms of volume.

NASA thought in terms of volume when the Space Shuttle was around and not blowing up, they offered to put companies satellites into orbit at half the cost it would take to launch them by rocket. They had people lined up out the door! Smiley And then they fucked up and blew the shuttle up! Sad Sad
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
December 29, 2013, 11:28:13 AM
Activity: 518
December 29, 2013, 11:26:37 AM
0.25BTC to get the card?!? Are they insane?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 29, 2013, 09:44:07 AM
This card costs almost as much as the card limit. I am OUT!
December 29, 2013, 09:41:17 AM
Ooops I see they charge a 5% conversion fee, which is too much for me! As they say on Dragons Den, I AM OUT! Smiley

December 29, 2013, 09:10:58 AM
Check out https://bitplastic.com/ it's a newer debit loader card for loading your bitcoins onto and using it to buy stuff in fiat cash.

Because the person wanted to keep it anonymous the card is limited to $200 USD a day, but you can own multiple cards. There is also a one time fee to get the card, 0.25BTC, there are no hidden fees or monthly fees. There is a interact fee of about $1.50, if you live in Canada their will be a bank machine fee likely associate to it as banks have gotten more clever at stealing our money that they now charge a machine fee to withdraw money from them if you are not a member of their bank. So when I use TD or CIBC with my Scotia Bank card I am dinged $2.00 as a machine fee, and then my bank dings me another $1.50 for an interact fee.

I don't know anything about it and nor am I related to it. I am just sharing what I know, so don't shoot the messenger! Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: