Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares Music + PeerTracks (Pre-sale launch) - page 2. (Read 8297 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
I'm following the IPO on blockchain. It seems to collect 20/25 btc daily. Is not a.really big IPO at the end...
The IPO rates it at only about 2.6m USD at those prices (calculated it with 22 btc per day). It is worth way more than that!

hum.. i do not know if It is worth way more than that...
do you see the recent change from BTSX to BTS???
it was so exciting
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11464.msg151359#msg151359 Wink
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
I'm following the IPO on blockchain. It seems to collect 20/25 btc daily. Is not a.really big IPO at the end...
The IPO rates it at only about 2.6m USD at those prices (calculated it with 22 btc per day). It is worth way more than that!

hum.. i do not know if It is worth way more than that...
do you see the recent change from BTSX to BTS???
it was so exciting
Activity: 441
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Could we get some more info on the people working on this project?

Cédric Cobban seems to have a clear and well articulated vision for the project, which is great.

Eddie Corral claims to have "over 25 years in the music business working with major label artists" but the only artist connections I could find on the web were three albums I've never heard of. http://www.artistdirect.com/artist/credits/eddie-corral/1066246  http://www.allmusic.com/artist/eddie-corral-mn0001832014/credits

Here he is talking about PeerTracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB62lQZo4xM 

About halfway through he mentions a partnership with a marketing company connected to over 1000 artists and athletes. Any more info on this?

Also, who is peer2peer360? and how is he/she related to the project?

This whole thing has huge potential if it's well executed. The concept behind it is brilliant. I'm just not quite sure how you plan on getting the musical talent on board.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

A platform that allows users to send money directly to the bands/artists. No middleman, reduced costs.
Incentivized fanbase. Turning passive listeners into active promoters and talent scouts.
We have tied price discovery with talent discovery.

that's exactly what this DAC + site intends to do.

eliminate most middle men.
NO more itunes fees,
NO credit card costs, etc.
transparant ledger (very useful for paying out or receiving royalties)

And we have a way for the small guy to get discovered. spending hours looking for new music is no longer a "waste of time". It is now a puductive income producing activity or an investmnet you could say.
We are turning the users into incentivized talent scouts. Once they discover a potentially good band, they have massive incentive to share around this kid's music and hope he becomes a star.

music and block chain technology, it's a marriage made in heaven! It will put more money in artists pockets and give fans a way to easily invest in artists. If this catches on it could disrupt the music industry.

using DPOS and blockchains to build a decentralized music distribution/crowdfunding service? Sounds like it has a real chance of being the next big crypto killer-app! Bravo!

And btw we haven't even touched the Token Controlled Access features this platform allows.

Basically, everyone will be on equal ground. You will see the rebirth of the musical middle class ^^
Not only poor artists OR millionaire superstars. You will get everything in between since money goes directly from consumer to band. No middleman. and promoters are now done via P2P incentives.

The only "important" people right now are people that have crypto-currencies and that can claim their stake in the DAC by sending it to our pre-sale btc address.
Our only focus right now is the crypto-community. They understand blockchain crowdfunding.

Activity: 490
Simpsons have done it. (Nxt)
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Can someone explain to me the process of getting notes.  I sent btc to the address provided and the auction is now over.  I downloaded bitshares x client, but am somewhat confused with the interface.  Is this the platform that i am supposed to import my notes to or is there another bitshares music wallet?

Thanks,

There will be a new bitshares music wallet, also you can check some FAQ here http://bitsharesmusicfoundation.org/faq.html
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Ok, let's wait, I am in.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Can someone explain to me the process of getting notes.  I sent btc to the address provided and the auction is now over.  I downloaded bitshares x client, but am somewhat confused with the interface.  Is this the platform that i am supposed to import my notes to or is there another bitshares music wallet?

Thanks,

the Notes pre-sale continues for another 41 days. every day there is an auction, so we all have to sit tight and wait for 41 more days i think.
Activity: 147

Thanks,
Activity: 138

Notes are also the collateral for the BitUSDs used to purchase music, merch and whatever else the artist will decide to sell from the sites plugged into the Music blockchain. The more BitUSD are in existence, the more collateral is needed (demand for Notes = price rise)

Could you explain this in more detail, please? This seems to be the main way that notes are meant to gain value but I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around what you mean. Say I'm a merchant selling Foo Fighters t-shirts on the blockchain. Do I need to purchase notes to do so?

Please answer my question about the collateral and the usage of notes. How will notes be used once the system is up and running if all transactions are being executed using BitUSDs?

Also, how will you safeguard against people posting other artists' songs and claiming them as their own in a decentralized fashion? Will this not necessitate some type of centralized gatekeeper to assess each artist and verify that they indeed have the rights to what they are offering? Do you expect this to be an expensive and labor-intensive process?

NOTEs are used for transaction fees. BitShares Music is going to be a fork of the current BTSX chain, which has a decentralized marketplace on chain. BTSX has market pegged assets that are collateralized by putting up at least 3x collateral of the underlying asset (in the case of BitShares Music, this will be the NOTE) in order to short bitUSD into existence. I'd recommend visiting bitsharestalk.org & wiki.bitshares.org to understand how bitUSD works better.

To answer the question of claiming other artists, http://peertracks.com will be the centralized entity that allows a user to purchase music streams and downloads. They will also handle verification of musicians I believe. They will provide the hosting services necessary for these functions. They will simply watch the blockchain to set up access control to music purchased, artist coin perks, etc. The artist coins will be traded as a user issued asset (different than a market pegged asset like bitUSD) on the chain.

So, anyone could set up their own front-end using the Music DAC blockchain, but peertracks will be launching with the DAC to provide this functionality to start.
Activity: 510

Notes are also the collateral for the BitUSDs used to purchase music, merch and whatever else the artist will decide to sell from the sites plugged into the Music blockchain. The more BitUSD are in existence, the more collateral is needed (demand for Notes = price rise)

Could you explain this in more detail, please? This seems to be the main way that notes are meant to gain value but I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around what you mean. Say I'm a merchant selling Foo Fighters t-shirts on the blockchain. Do I need to purchase notes to do so?

Please answer my question about the collateral and the usage of notes. How will notes be used once the system is up and running if all transactions are being executed using BitUSDs?

Also, how will you safeguard against people posting other artists' songs and claiming them as their own in a decentralized fashion? Will this not necessitate some type of centralized gatekeeper to assess each artist and verify that they indeed have the rights to what they are offering? Do you expect this to be an expensive and labor-intensive process?

If I understand things correctly there is nothing anyone can do via Bitshares to stop that from happening and you would be left with the legacy court system.

You have hit on what many Bitcoiners gloss over.  Decentralization is not for everything and it is only useful in certain specific use cases.  For instance, .bit domains using namecoin.  If people type in "Microsoft.bit" they don't want to end up on some anonymous site controlled by someone on Bitcointalk.org so the system will most likely never catch on in a big way.

Activity: 510
i'm a music producer/recording artist.  

trying to understand this, but I'm not convinced this would actually generate any significant amount of revenue.  I don't see how you're going to attract the large amounts of artists and fans who would be necessary to allow this ecosystem survive.  

I like the innovation, even if I'm still not totally clear on it, but it seems to me that what you're really building here, blockchains aside, is a social network.  so for that you really need to sell us on the marketing strategy.

Bitcoin is experimental and in beta.  this is an experimental system on top of that.

Basically you create your own social network.  You can issue a "coin" or "shares" in your artist sort of like crowdfunding.  Since people own a "piece" of the artist they theoretically promote them in order to sell their "shares" at a higher value at some point.  you can offer coins for actions like commenting on a  story, purchasing products, etc. and you can redeem the coins too for whatever.

While system uses the decentralized blockchain, but the artist is not.  To offer a "coin" or "shares" for an IPO opens up so many legal questions I would not know where to start.  You could be seen as an administrator of a digital currency by FinCEN, offering a security by the SEC, a commodity by the Commodity Futures Trading commission, State laws, ... they mention Napster in the white paper but they failed to mention the total legal fees it generated.
Activity: 7
i'm a music producer/recording artist.  

trying to understand this, but I'm not convinced this would actually generate any significant amount of revenue.  I don't see how you're going to attract the large amounts of artists and fans who would be necessary to allow this ecosystem survive.  

I like the innovation, even if I'm still not totally clear on it, but it seems to me that what you're really building here, blockchains aside, is a social network.  so for that you really need to sell us on the marketing strategy.

Have you read the non-technical paper?
Can you tell me your exact concerns?

It's all about aligning incentives. Artists are coming to us, we don't need to go to them.

That being said, we ARE going to them anyway haha. A lot we can't disclosure yet.

Activity: 240

Activity: 138
To all interested in the pre-sale:

You can track the current approximate NOTES / BTC donated on http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Looks to me that the daily donation average may be heading upwards again! Get your NOTEs while they are cheap!
Pages:
Jump to: