Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 56. (Read 218419 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Just to test - run the client as: protoshares-qt.exe -connect=168.63.12.227

Actually it connected after about 20mins. I was just being impatient, it had never taken that long.
What is a valid directory to use for running multiple instances? I keep getting an invalid directory error. I've dried D: and C:\Users\Jake\Documents
Activity: 78
Merit: 14
This is strange. Block 4032 started with the new difficulty approximately 30 minutes ago. We're already at block 4070. That's 38 blocks in 30 minutes. It's supposed to be 1 block per 5 minutes, not 1 block every minute. Are we due for another difficulty adjustment in 48 hours?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Sigh... Left my machines mining through the night again, zero blocks. 7.4hpm (split into 4 threads of 1.85 hpm) plus 10.8 hpm (4 times 2.7 hpm).

Mysteriously, my 7.4hpm machine has been mining for nearly 40 hours straight and never found a block. In reality, it should have found 3 to 4 blocks. Does splitting into more processes reduce the effectiveness of mining? (It shouldn't, but I'm going to ask just in case). Or am I just extremely (<2% chance) unlucky?
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Anyone on here using setgenerate 4 and found blocks? I am starting to wonder if setgenerate 4 cant find any blocks, which might be the reason I only found one block so far (and its good possibel I had setgenerate 3 when I found it).

setgenerate 4 works for me

Hmm, ok...and you have alrady found blocks with it?

yes I have, but from time to time it crashes and I have to restart it but it works...

Hmm, then I realy don´t know why I am not geting any blocks ;(
Thanks for the info
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Wow…much harder than that I thought it'd be! My 2009 mac laptop…no so much cutting' it!

Pgqh7CW6nrneH94NS3UG76UH2P3qjUgtR5
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
Activity: 100
Anyone on here using setgenerate 4 and found blocks? I am starting to wonder if setgenerate 4 cant find any blocks, which might be the reason I only found one block so far (and its good possibel I had setgenerate 3 when I found it).

yes I have, but from time to time it crashes and I have to restart it but it works...
legendary
Activity: 695
Merit: 500

Yeah I'm having trouble finding connections on my new instance too.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Old was 0,00000095 new is 0,00000382  Smiley

So there will be less orphans and stales
Activity: 224
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
legendary
Old was 0,00000095 new is 0,00000382  Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 14
new difficulty is roughly 4x the old difficulty. Hopefully less stales, but also much harder to find a block.
Activity: 92
I haven't been able to connect to any nodes. Added the nodes manually... deadcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
What could be wrong? First time i started mining (Mine Process 1) it worked, then i closed the client. Now everytime I start it does nothing (even after 5 minutes, and nada in the Task Manager).
Activity: 100

Activity: 213
My system has a lot of memory (48GB), is there modifications to the code that I could make to use more memory that will increase my block rate? A quick glance at the code indicates that maybe the following variables are important. But unfortunatly there are no code comments, so I can't tell what they are for.

Code:
	#define MAX_MOMENTUM_NONCE  (1<<26)
#define SEARCH_SPACE_BITS 50
#define BIRTHDAYS_PER_HASH 8

Bump. Any one have an idea for this?

TIA
Pages:
Jump to: