Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitstamp is the next MtGox... - page 2. (Read 2027 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 24, 2014, 08:44:50 AM
I would worry about btc-e more than bitstamp. Unlike bitstamp, btc-e is in Russia, ran by anonymous guys. They're lacking transparency.

I wouldn't. BTC-E has been around for almost two years now. As an exchange, they are much older than the Bitstamp or Kraken. So far, there hasn't been a single robbery or hack within the exchange. I wouldn't worry much about the transparency of BTC-E, as long as the customers are able to maintain their anonymity and the coins are secure.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 24, 2014, 08:32:41 AM
I would worry about btc-e more than bitstamp. Unlike bitstamp, btc-e is in Russia, ran by anonymous guys. They're lacking transparency.

I wouldn't. BTC-E has been around for almost two years now. As an exchange, they are much older than the Bitstamp or Kraken. So far, there hasn't been a single robbery or hack within the exchange. I wouldn't worry much about the transparency of BTC-E, as long as the customers are able to maintain their anonymity and the coins are secure.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
May 24, 2014, 08:20:49 AM

I'm not sure what do u mean by transparent here ? But anonymity is not a problem for Bitcoin businesses. MK was very public and non-anonymous, though it did not stop the failure of Gox. Now, as Brock Pierce, the public character taking up the pieces, it'll fall again... of course after making millions for him.

In Bitcoin world, give more focus to trustless service over transparent ones and BTC-e is fine with that.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
May 24, 2014, 06:43:04 AM
m3
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
May 24, 2014, 06:36:30 AM
Bitstamp is going to become the next MtGox, they are starting to crack down on KYC procedures and are going to start holding bitcoin funds aswell, not only FIAT. Now instead of MtGox telling you that your funds got "hacked" Bitstamp will be telling you that your funds got "frozen".

Read the full story http://www.btcfeed.net/news/bitstamp-is-the-next-mtgox-and-why-its-a-threat-to-bitcoin/
Pages:
Jump to: