Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitstamp: No withdrawals for Bitcoin related companies - page 3. (Read 14502 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
Here is a Memo from Bitstamps intermediary (basically Bitcoin hate mail): http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22i768/raiffeisen_bank_international_internal_memo/
The warnings (first paragraph) are standard and all perfectly true, and the advice to stay away from bitcoin (last bullet) is good advice.   Bitcoin is a risky investment, mining is lucrative only for well-planed operations, and even experts find it difficult to protect their coins from theft.  People who do not know how computers work should not be pushed into it.

As for the ban on bitcoin-related transactions, it is an abuse of their power, but what did bitcoiners expect?  "Hi, we are your friendly bank, I understand that you want to destroy us, what can we do to help you?"
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Is this just FUD?

Lot of people yelled at me for "FUD" here too:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-now-adding-1-week-processing-time-to-wire-transfer-withdrawals-225707

Reading back it looks like people actually went back in and deleted their FUD comments.

Anyways just managed to withdrawal all my funds in BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014
Hodling since 2011.®
Is this just FUD?
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
This is a different case from this, right? http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2e9np5/bitstamp_blocked_my_fiat_withdrawal_and_no/

Why is this apparently a common occurence now?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Talking to Bitstamp is like talking to a brick wall...in their opinion Raiffeisen Banka is their bank and Raiffeisen Bank international is an intermediary; therefore we have to pay all the costs of this botched transfer and can seemly no longer withdraw funds (because of this intermediary that is supposedly totally unrelated to Bitstamp or their bank)

Wasn't Bitstamp in process to change their banking partner? Did they already switch to some German bank?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
I thought they use Unicredit (aka. Bank Austria)?
When did Bitstamp switch their bank partner?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
They are simply afraid of KYC/AML shit.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
A few weeks ago our company requested a wire withdrawal from our Bitstamp corporate account.

After a week the money came back into our bitstamp account (at a $45 cost to us) with bitstamp saying: "The reason for the failure was stated as a breach of a recipients bank's Terms of Service."

This is quite worrying so we contacted our bank, and no they had not seen or rejected any transfer; and said they'd need to see the SWIFT transfer form (MT103) to check it out further.

Bitstamp then had the nerve to ask us to pay $40 extra just to get the proper receipt of the transfer; which we paid.

The receipt, that we paid $40 for, shows only that they transfer money between Raiffeisen Banka d.d. to Raiffeisen Bank international....and the RBI had rejected to process the transfer saying that they do not execute transfers related to Bitcoin...

Talking to Bitstamp is like talking to a brick wall...in their opinion Raiffeisen Banka is their bank and Raiffeisen Bank international is an intermediary; therefore we have to pay all the costs of this botched transfer and can seemly no longer withdraw funds (because of this intermediary that is supposedly totally unrelated to Bitstamp or their bank)

End of story we paid $85 for a transfer that was never sent to our bank; and we have no way to receive any transfers because bitstamps bank/intermediary will not send to Bitcoin related companies...

HOW CAN A BITCOIN EXCHANGE NOT BE ABLE TO SEND TRANSFERS TO BITCOIN BUSINESSES?

Bitstamp support seems to see no real problem with this situation.

Notes:
- We have previously done many successful wire transfers with the last one being about a month ago with no problem.
- Our company name has "Bitcoin" in it.

Here is a Memo from Bitstamps intermediary (basically Bitcoin hate mail): http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22i768/raiffeisen_bank_international_internal_memo/
Pages:
Jump to: