Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitstamp WAS the best Bitcoin exchange, now it's not. - page 2. (Read 6166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
They will lose a lot of customers and volume because of this.

The only customers they will lose are the one's no reputable business wants anyway. You want to put your money in the hands of a nigerian prince, there are plenty of "no-contact-info" exchanges out there more then happy to let you believe in their good will.

As for volume, it only stands to increase being that they will become more legitimate. OP's upset Bitstamp won't work for money laundering, but that's life. Even the 'wild west' had a beginning, middle and end.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
They will lose a lot of customers and volume because of this.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Bitstamp wants to keep their bank and regulator happy so they can stay in business. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
They just like MtGox require us to verify our accounts, sorry this is bullshit, I do not accept this, furthermore if you DON'T verify by the 30th of September, you will NOT be able to do Bitcoin transactions or Bank transactions.

You should then take up the liability of running an exchange that operates without verifying customers.

Free market. You can do it on your own. Just make it happen.  Smiley

+1

In case you didn't know, Bitstamp was getting some flak from various banks refusing to accept SEPA withdrawals. AML/KYC is a must when you get to these kinds of volumes.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
btc-e.com ^
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
They just like MtGox require us to verify our accounts, sorry this is bullshit, I do not accept this, furthermore if you DON'T verify by the 30th of September, you will NOT be able to do Bitcoin transactions or Bank transactions.

You should then take up the liability of running an exchange that operates without verifying customers.

Free market. You can do it on your own. Just make it happen.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I would prefer anonymity as well. However bitstamp is not going to operate an illegal business when they stand to get rich legally. For them this is not a "choice", it is a requirement.
legendary
Activity: 1221
Merit: 1025
e-ducat.fr
Actually it's becoming bigger and bigger by the week.
Do you get paid by bitstamp to post stuff like that in RED or its just silly ?
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Actually it's becoming bigger and bigger by the week.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500

You have to look at it from their perspective.  They want to become a more legitimate exchange and the best way to do that is to implement AML/KYC requirements.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Pages:
Jump to: