Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitstamp Withdrawal delay?! - page 2. (Read 1685 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
April 09, 2015, 09:29:17 PM
Did anybody posting here actually tried to contact Bitstamp support?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
April 09, 2015, 09:05:21 PM
If you read the SEPA small print I think there might be words to the effect that if they mess up your transfer they can charge you loads of money merely to find out what they did wrong. I think the relevant small print comes under the title of "investigations". Things can go wrong at the bank's end, not only Bitstamp's end.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 09, 2015, 08:34:14 PM
Bank to Bank transfers usually take 2 - 5  days.  Even more at times...

With all the hacks and scams going on, you couldn't really blame anyone for being paranoid.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 08:27:44 PM
It worked fine a few days ago... But don't know if it is only me but it always takes a few days for me.
Maybe my bank sucks  Shocked Smiley I would wait until monday then contact bitstamp to ask whats up.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
April 09, 2015, 08:26:05 PM
SEPA withdrawal works fine for me on Bitstamp.
I haven't noticed any delay.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 09, 2015, 08:20:56 PM
I've never used SEPA so this may be a totally different story, but when I have withdrawn from Stamp, it would be 2-5 business days just for it to show as completed. Then it took my US bank an additional 2 days + to actually credit my account. Some were fast and some were slow. I guess it all depends on the day they are having. Also, they may do batch transactions similar to a store accepting CC. Rather than doing a few every single day, they go once or twice a week and send many.

SEPA should be same day, often the same hour. Banking is rather more first world in the EU.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
April 09, 2015, 07:59:24 PM
I've never used SEPA so this may be a totally different story, but when I have withdrawn from Stamp, it would be 2-5 business days just for it to show as completed. Then it took my US bank an additional 2 days + to actually credit my account. Some were fast and some were slow. I guess it all depends on the day they are having. Also, they may do batch transactions similar to a store accepting CC. Rather than doing a few every single day, they go once or twice a week and send many.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 09, 2015, 06:32:23 PM

I just want to be fast. You know, when the GOX problem was, anyone thought the same " It is just a week since now, why I should open a thread on bitcointalk/reddit/elsewhere"

When my Withdrawal will come in, I will simply delete the thread and no problem.
When someone else will tell me he got his withdrawal yesterday or today, I will simply delete the thread and no problem.
But if not, I can say I was fast enough to warn the other people.

k. Next time you should wait for a ticket response, or maybe even try posting in 'service discussion' before stirring up ideas of insolvency on a speculation sub-forum.. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
April 09, 2015, 06:27:51 PM
Cor blimey. Give the fella a break. Bank transfers can go wrong pretty easily. There hasn't been a squeak from anyone else about withdrawal problems. Open up a ticket and see what they're saying.

I just want to be fast. You know, when the GOX problem was, anyone thought the same " It is just a week since now, why I should open a thread on bitcointalk/reddit/elsewhere"

When my Withdrawal will come in, I will simply delete the thread and no problem.
When someone else will tell me he got his withdrawal yesterday or today, I will simply delete the thread and no problem.

this is what I would recommend you to do if you don't trust the exchange: sell the coins to someone in your social circle. let them take the exchange risk Tongue offer a small premium to make it more attractive
Activity: 756
April 09, 2015, 06:20:33 PM
Cor blimey. Give the fella a break. Bank transfers can go wrong pretty easily. There hasn't been a squeak from anyone else about withdrawal problems. Open up a ticket and see what they're saying.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 09, 2015, 06:11:13 PM
legendary
April 09, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if bitstamp became insolvent.

Me neither, because I can still remember the 18 000 bitcoins that were stolen from them a couple of months ago. They are probably operating as a fractional reserve exchange, a very fractional one.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
April 09, 2015, 06:06:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if bitstamp became insolvent.

legendary
April 09, 2015, 06:04:51 PM
You mean that for real or trolling me?

Did you open a support ticket? Better open two, because this looks very serious.
April 09, 2015, 06:03:34 PM
insolvency! run! flee! bitstamp was probably hacked and they are hiding the facts just like gox did. first they stop USD withdraws, then they stop bitcoin withdraws. we've seen it before. you have been goxxxed bitstamp style

You mean that for real or trolling me?
legendary
April 09, 2015, 06:02:04 PM
insolvency! run! flee! bitstamp was probably hacked and they are hiding the facts just like gox did. first they stop USD withdraws, then they stop bitcoin withdraws. we've seen it before. you have been goxxxed bitstamp style
April 09, 2015, 05:56:42 PM
Hello Bitcoiners,

I just withdrawed about 200 dollars as usual per SEPA withdrawal to my German bank account. It was finished on the 7th of April. So it should've been there yesterday, on the 8th of April. But there was nothing. Today, the 9th of April, also nothing. Should I start get worried ? Anyone else with similiar problems in the last time?

Every other time it was just one day. Now this. What is going on? Am I smelling a new Mt.Gox?
Pages:
Jump to: