Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex Disabled Accounts - did your account get disabled? - page 2. (Read 1860 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 251
I see a random assortment of people claiming that they are either suspended/disabled or that they are not. Perhaps it's only a geographic suspension? For example, I am in the U.S. and did not get my account disabled. Has anyone else reported that they have had their accounts disabled from inside the U.S.? To play devil's advocate, something could have happened where only certain users have gotten affected or maybe certain demographics happen to be easily deceived/phished, etc.

I've noticed that it seems to be geographically based. I'm guessing there's some regulatory or law enforcement pressure on Bittrex. In particular, I've noticed complaints from Middle Easterners and particularly Iranians, as well as Russians and former CIS countries. I can only speak anecdotally, but it looks somewhat political in nature to me.

To boot, people who are fully verified are having accounts disabled too, so it's not just a matter of tightening KYC across the board. I haven't heard of anyone from the US getting accounts locked, either.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
I see a random assortment of people claiming that they are either suspended/disabled or that they are not. Perhaps it's only a geographic suspension? For example, I am in the U.S. and did not get my account disabled. Has anyone else reported that they have had their accounts disabled from inside the U.S.? To play devil's advocate, something could have happened where only certain users have gotten affected or maybe certain demographics happen to be easily deceived/phished, etc.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
its been 14 days since my account disabled
its true scaming & fraud
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
My account was disabled since  12/Oct to now, and i didn't receive any response from bittrex.
Unfortunately, It seems they will scam random.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
What I don't understand is why they allow deposits before disablements. I'm sure for most of the cases they can already know which users are going to be disabled even before they deposit.

So they can hold people's coins hostage and essentially blackmail them for their personal information.

Yep pretty much this.

you are right ; Most site exchange allow deposit btc and altcoins But withdraw requires verification . Deposit must be prevented before not confirmation of identity with documents . At least people do not wait and panic On their money
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
What I don't understand is why they allow deposits before disablements. I'm sure for most of the cases they can already know which users are going to be disabled even before they deposit.

So they can hold people's coins hostage and essentially blackmail them for their personal information.

Yep pretty much this.
Activity: 782

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Seems like different people are having different problems. Personally, my account was not disabled even though Bittrex is currently asking me for verification. They do not seem to have limited any sort of withdrawals from my account even though my account is unverified. Luckily for me, they do not hold any significant amount of my funds, but for those who do have something inside and have not had their accounts disabled, I would recommend to get everything out of there ASAP.

Edit: I can now confirm that I was able to withdraw everything I had inside.
Activity: 756
mine Disabled  too

Activity: 966
Merit: 111
i am disabled.....they say my account is underview.....please enable this and enable our accounts....thank you

bittrex staff will not read your word. try to post here.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23148512
maybe this is official threat on this forum.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
My account with Bittrex is still working but I moved my funds out of Bittrex today. I don't want to wait for Bittrex to disable my accounts while I still have funds there and besides I am planning to put all my Bitcoins in my wallet to anticipate the hard fork and Bitcoin Gold. Bittrex has been mum about this issue lately like there's no issue at all.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
Please post here if your account was disabled.

We need to know how many people are really affected.

i know this bittrex news maybe you can read it. affect about thousands account disable
https://www.cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!
Disabled my Enhanced Verified account for 5 days with almost 1000$ coins value.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
My account get disabled too.
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I've read many reports, that's why I would like to know how many users does the mass account disablement affect.
Activity: 102
I would like to see how many accounts have been disabled, this is very serious,what have Bittrex done these days
Activity: 83
I'm filling out the form to upgrade my account but when I hit Submit nothing happens.
Not a clue what's going on or what to do next.
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Please post here if your account was disabled.

We need to know how many people are really affected.
Pages:
Jump to: