Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex killing the altcoin market? - page 2. (Read 4515 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 26, 2014, 06:07:34 PM
You guys are thinking to small.

Bittrex, together with big pools (dedicatedpools namely) and big farmers are the ones who create those scam coins...

Binaryclock admitted that such group exists.

I actually wrote about it and quoted some of the stuff:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-the-alternate-cryptocurrencies-market-being-monopolized-659485

You can also find it on BCT mirror website
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/re-ann-min-minerals-x11-pow-pos-cryptocurrency-for-starcraft-fans-no-prem.324250/page-75

Activity: 896
Merit: 501
July 26, 2014, 05:46:31 PM
^^ well said

Bittrex is on his way back. becarefull people
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
July 26, 2014, 05:43:31 PM
only the strong will survive.

its a free market, Bittrex doesn't decide which coin is successful or fails. Its the market that decides. you can't blame Bittrex.

Its not a free market. You realize Bittrex collects money for coin advertisement placing, right? Bittrex clearly helps determine which coins succeed or fail by either placing them on or removing them from the exchange.

By giving scam devs an equal opportunity platform to work on and regularly promoting crap over substance (confirmed via their twitter), Bittrex is helping the damaging culture of scam to flourish and perpetuate on a global scale.

I agree with other posters who said they are shooting themselves in the (anatomy part of choice here) because eventually lawsuits will be filed and btc will go missing. Its just inevitable with the quality of clientele they have been attracting over the past few months.
July 26, 2014, 04:50:02 PM
Like what was just said in #bittrex on freenode, they are hesitant about adding older coins because they arnt getting much volume.

New hyped coins get volume. Exchanges make money on volume so of course they are going to cater to hype. And such is the vicious cycle we all love to hate and hate to love.

Yes but the volume is only for a few days! it is short term thinking!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
July 26, 2014, 02:43:21 PM
Like what was just said in #bittrex on freenode, they are hesitant about adding older coins because they arnt getting much volume.

New hyped coins get volume. Exchanges make money on volume so of course they are going to cater to hype. And such is the vicious cycle we all love to hate and hate to love.
July 26, 2014, 02:41:39 PM
Bittrex gives new coins a chance like no other exchange i have ever seen. I'm sure its not easy loading and unloading new coins all the time and they are to be commended for what they have done so far. They are bound to get some wrong once in a while, but most of the coin decisions look to be from volume and community participation metrics. Crying about your coin being de-listed is pretty pathetic when you should be working to keep it listed in the first place(if it's getting de-listed it's probably a sign).

Bittrex is shooting itself in the *** with these new coins. they show to have no vision for future existance!
It will be a short term exchange and shouldnt be taking serious! Becarefull people!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 26, 2014, 02:10:10 PM
Bittrex gives new coins a chance like no other exchange i have ever seen. I'm sure its not easy loading and unloading new coins all the time and they are to be commended for what they have done so far. They are bound to get some wrong once in a while, but most of the coin decisions look to be from volume and community participation metrics. Crying about your coin being de-listed is pretty pathetic when you should be working to keep it listed in the first place(if it's getting de-listed it's probably a sign).
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2014, 01:47:46 PM
My god, how can people point fingers at bittrex who don't take bribes for adding coins to all the other corrupt exchanges.
Check all the shitcoins that payed and botted there way onto mintpal.

All this tells me is Bittrex actually have the infrastructure to add coins where other exchanges don't , also don't get me started on coin creators who are in bed with certain exchanges, the exchanges that add coins based on "shit innovation" but will never have any use besides PnD.

Most newcomers lose money when they come into the alt coin market and when they lose money, they tell there friends and families don't risk it, stick with bitcoin.

Right now there is only a handful of coins I actually trust to be sincere and the latest being NLG.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
July 26, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
This thread pops up anytime an exchange starts getting all the love.

Ive seen it regarding btc-e, cryptsy, mintpal, and now bittrex.

Although I do agree with alot of points mentioned, chasing the volume does give the incentive to "hit it and quit it".
Activity: 280
July 26, 2014, 11:49:37 AM
IMHO, it is not Bittrex or any other exchange's responsibility. The business of an exchange is to offer a market for coins. The market will decide which ones survive.

good puppet good.

it is the responsibility of a business to protect their customers against scams.

the market can decide when it doesnt have all the information.
Activity: 259
July 26, 2014, 11:47:05 AM
IMHO, it is not Bittrex or any other exchange's responsibility. The business of an exchange is to offer a market for coins. The market will decide which ones survive.
July 26, 2014, 09:45:28 AM
here is what bittrex says about its process of coin selection:

"We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science and humanity."

we have to make sure that bittrex follows their own rules.

they are the ones who made them.

unless their is high community demand, innovation to cryptocoin tech, or a contribution to science or humanity they should not add the coin.

i fail to see how elitecoin could have accomplished any of those goals.

perhaps they meant a 'contribution' to bill, rami, and richie is a contribution to humanity  Grin
Activity: 654
Merit: 500
July 26, 2014, 09:42:35 AM
i quit using bittrex now after 2 of my coins were delisted from exchange and i not even bother to contact their support to send me back those coins,i didn`t mean bittrex cannot delist coins that no trade volume to them but at least they should try to keep customer's coins for more longer but not just 2 weeks!
July 26, 2014, 08:52:48 AM
come on people.

of course these scams on bittrex are destabilizing the market.

when u lose 100% of your money on a trade are you eager to return to trade again?

people have lost so much in july that they are quitting trading altogether.

wake up before its too late.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 26, 2014, 08:48:22 AM
Yet another scam coin... It's getting ridiculous, why are they still giving a chance to these scam developers? Take a little more care in what is added.
July 22, 2014, 10:17:59 PM
Its definitely not bittrexs fault

But bittrex does favor the scammers more than they do the average traders
I think its partly their fault for listing the scam coins, partly the users that buy them and partly the users that still support them while they continue to do this.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
July 22, 2014, 10:04:58 PM
I wouldn't say they are killing the altcoin market as they basically just filled the niche leftover when cryptorush exploded. But they are doing a much better job at running an exchange than cryptorush, hence the increased volume. They should be pickier with what they choose to list, but if they weren't listing them, some other exchange would.

What they may be killing is their own ICO model, however. They have been running too many, too close together, with no safeguards in place besides making sure the wallet works. Their last one didn't even get off the ground as they ran it right after Iceberg tanked.
Activity: 539
July 22, 2014, 10:04:26 PM
Its definitely not bittrexs fault

But bittrex does favor the scammers more than they do the average traders
July 22, 2014, 09:56:37 PM
I really hate the people who say its up to the user to do their research. Why are we relying on these people who are buying these scam coins anyway? The problem can be stopped at the source. It's fine if one coin out of a large number turns out to be bad as it's hard to spot that, but I think maybe 3 of the last 5 coins Bittrex have added have been thought to be scams?

If we let it continue as it is, more and more users will leave the market and altcoin trading slowly dies.
Pages:
Jump to: