Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex notice - page 2. (Read 619 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 25, 2017, 05:57:10 AM
It's about time. Poloniex should also follow the move since most pump and dump groups would just move another platform to continue what they're doing. Pump and dump groups are destroying the name of good crypto and scares away potential investors especially those who aren't familiar with how the market goes. Most people are enticed on something that goes extremely big fast, and that is how they see cryptos and bitcoin: a get rich quick scheme.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
November 25, 2017, 05:46:03 AM
A general statement about market manipulation tactics:  
Bittrex actively discourages any type of market manipulation, including pump groups.  Consistent with our terms of service, we will suspend and close any accounts engaging in this type of activity and notify the appropriate authorities.

Does this mean ending of altcoin pump? Huh
I wonder why still trading at bittrex if trading style like traditional forex market, maybe I misunderstood, sorry

I received the same email. Maybe end of altcoin pump manipulated by whales or a group of people in Bittrex. If you'll look on the other side of it, it is also good because no one can manipulate the prices of the coin. Bittrex will be a better trading platform. I will support this changes on Bittrex. It will also attract more users to their site.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
November 25, 2017, 04:25:54 AM
I am happy to see the Bittrex commitment to promote fair trading, as this allows it to position itself as the most reliable exchange in the market so far. It is time that we see in the current development of cryptocurrencies an opportunity to break the current dominant economic system and not just a business to generate rapid profits, destroying the reputation of developers.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
November 25, 2017, 04:22:26 AM
So Bittrex is finally making things better by placing such notices. Although the notice on the pump and dump tactics does seem like a good move to me since I am against pump and dumps and such manipulations but raising the minimum trade doesn't make sense to me. Bitcoin's price has increased and 50k satoshis a few months back is worth a lot more now. So they should actually be decreasing the trade price but instead they have increased it.
Seems like Bittrex is playing it's own game in the name of improving security. Have to keep a watch on it.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 04:11:42 AM
I also recently received a message from Bittrex about some information regarding the minimum number of sts at the transaction and some other information. I think this will make Bittrex stronger.
Activity: 659
Merit: 502
November 25, 2017, 03:54:34 AM
Even BTC itself is full of manipulation I can't figured out wtf they are doing
November 25, 2017, 03:48:42 AM
It means that they are aware that their platform was being used by the whales and pump & dump groups that just wants to manipulate the market especially the altcoins. And if they will not stop of doing these manipulation tactics, bittrex will take action on this thing.

I wonder why still trading at bittrex if trading style like traditional forex market, maybe I misunderstood, sorry

Because we used to trade on them and we can't just stop as the experience of trades there are good. But because of this manipulation notice, it will still increase their users.
The crypto is excited because of the whales and pump & dump groups, if this action stopped I can't find any reason to play altcoin again
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
November 25, 2017, 03:41:18 AM
I got the email also.

I think this only applies to coins which are primarily listed on Bittrex or have most of the volume on Bittrex.

This has been going around for a while actually. Really surprised they are actively stepping in and stopping this.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
November 25, 2017, 03:19:50 AM
It means that they are aware that their platform was being used by the whales and pump & dump groups that just wants to manipulate the market especially the altcoins. And if they will not stop of doing these manipulation tactics, bittrex will take action on this thing.

Because we used to trade on them and we can't just stop as the experience of trades there are good. But because of this manipulation notice, it will still increase their users.
November 25, 2017, 03:05:08 AM
A general statement about market manipulation tactics:  
Bittrex actively discourages any type of market manipulation, including pump groups.  Consistent with our terms of service, we will suspend and close any accounts engaging in this type of activity and notify the appropriate authorities.

Does this mean ending of altcoin pump? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: