Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonymity?! - page 2. (Read 612 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
I seriously don't understand why people keep complaining about these situations. If you sign up to an exchange, you directly agree with all its terms, and when it comes to certain trades and actions, a certain level of verification is required. Bittrex is running a legitimate business that abides by all rules/laws, and thus you can kiss your 'anonymity' goodbye. I can definitely understand that you aren't easily giving out your precious personal information, but it's not that we're talking about Yobit, Wex, or Liqui here, Bittrex is probably one of the better overall non fiat exchanges out there. Just go through with it if you want to withdraw your funds, there is no other option than verification. Wink

they have changed their terms multiple times recently. many of us did not sign up to these terms. they dropped peoples' withdrawal limits to 0 or 0.025 BTC/day unless they start the verification process. many people have basic verification, which was a healthy medium between full anonymity and giving your passport and SSN to a shady exchange. nobody knows who the owners of bittrex are; they are not public personas like with bitstamp or even bitfinex.

how do you know they are a "legitimate business that abides by all rules/laws?" for all i know, they might be taken down by the FBI tomorrow just like btc-e was. they've been operating as a money transmitter -- and headquartered in the USA no less -- without any legal registration as an MSB in any of the 50 states. that alone is enough to have them immediately shut down by regulators. why the hell would anyone want to give their documents to such a company? how could they be trusted to store the data properly? look at what is happening to equifax: you think bittrex can be trusted with our SSNs? fuck that! they are openly flouting the law already, you think they give a shit about the integrity of your personal data?

the fact that there is a large, steady stream of people complaining of having their accounts disabled recently and forced to provide ID documents suggests this is systematic, and not the fault of the users whose accounts are disabled. this is shady as fuck on the part of bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonimity?! I cant withdraw my funds! I beware to give my credentials to bittrex I think its not safely Angry Any oppinions?

Two words: Shapeshift & Monero or Shapeshift & ZCash if your preffer.

Or, to make sure, Shapeshift, monero, shapesift zcash and shapeshift bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Don't act like Bittrex did you any harm -- they just follow the rules that fit within the long list of regulations exchanges have to deal with. If you will be able to withdraw your funds, it means that you have verified your account, and from there you can continue using Bittrex -- verification is a one time occurrence. Man up and handle it accordingly, because the longer you're not doing anything, the longer you can't get your funds back, it's that simple.

You do realise that Bittrex has frozen over 1000 accounts in the last few days.

People with fully verified accounts can no longer access funds, people with legacy accounts have had withdrawal limits reduced from 1337BTC a day to 3BTC

So yes Bittrex are causing harm as altcoin prices slide and people cannot sell when they want to.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
If I can withdraw my btc from bittrex in the future,I never use again this exchange Cry

Don't act like Bittrex did you any harm -- they just follow the rules that fit within the long list of regulations exchanges have to deal with. If you will be able to withdraw your funds, it means that you have verified your account, and from there you can continue using Bittrex -- verification is a one time occurrence. Man up and handle it accordingly, because the longer you're not doing anything, the longer you can't get your funds back, it's that simple.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
If I can withdraw my btc from bittrex in the future,I never use again this exchange Cry
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
Soon or later, regulations will be put in place, but look at the bright side, with regulations people will be less exposed to scammers, and big investors will be "less scared" to invest in Bitcoins. Coinbase asked for a copy of my passport when I signed up with them. If you have nothing to hide and do nothing illegal, it is not a big deal IMO.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
I see this very much as being a tempory situation. While we still rely on exchanges then they are always going to be forced into complying with KYC/AML regulations. What will happen eventually is the technology will be developed to allow decentralised peer-to-peer exchanging of cryptocurrencies.
Difference between crypto or real money and banks Huh No difference,the same big fees and no anonymity,nothing here.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I seriously don't understand why people keep complaining about these situations. If you sign up to an exchange, you directly agree with all its terms, and when it comes to certain trades and actions, a certain level of verification is required. Bittrex is running a legitimate business that abides by all rules/laws, and thus you can kiss your 'anonymity' goodbye. I can definitely understand that you aren't easily giving out your precious personal information, but it's not that we're talking about Yobit, Wex, or Liqui here, Bittrex is probably one of the better overall non fiat exchanges out there. Just go through with it if you want to withdraw your funds, there is no other option than verification. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonimity?! I cant withdraw my funds! I beware to give my credentials to bittrex I think its not safely Angry Any oppinions?

I've never had such issues with Bittrex, so it may be that you tried to withdraw a big amount of money.
And in such case I find it normal in the world we live in today to require that. It's the AML requirement they have to comply in order to run legally.
I did a quick google search and I have 2 links for you to read.
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/215282838-Frequently-asked-questions-about-account-verification
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/231701788
Pages:
Jump to: