Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittylicious - UK Bitcoins using Bank Transfers - page 6. (Read 20414 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250
The beta testing period has ended and Bittylicious is now available for all users.

If you're unregistered, the maximum purchase is current 0.5 BTC. Register to get access to more Bitcoins.

The current price at http://www.bittylicious.com/ is £70.09 per BTC.
I took that as meaning my account could buy up to 1 BTC.
OK, understood. I've now clarified this by adding a simple 'plenty in stock' message to the right of the amount you are allowed to buy.

I left the tab open for an hour while I went for lunch. Probably just a quirk with my browser/web access here at work.

Strange. I'll give it another test here just in case - thanks for the feedback.

For anyone interested, the price is now £72.28 at http://www.bittylicious.com/
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Website: Regarding the website, I intend on never running out of stock Wink Well, at least I want the users of the site to think that; I don't want to add another figure for them to worry about. Just near the 'Buy now' button, it says how many BTC are available to buy for the individual user. Do you think this isn't clear enough?
I took that as meaning my account could buy up to 1 BTC. That's not the same thing as saying 1 BTC is actually in stock and available. Taking localbitcoins as an example, it gives you both numbers. It also sets the coins aside in escrow. Comparing the buying experiences, I wasn't 100% confident you had enough bitcoins to fulfill the order until the bitcoins actually arrived.

Page refresh: Regarding the page refresh as well, this should have happened automatically. How long did you want after you received your (unverified) Bitcoin? It should have refreshed usually within 20 seconds to show the transaction ID.
I left the tab open for an hour while I went for lunch. Probably just a quirk with my browser/web access here at work.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are your fee's lower then GOX?
Hi,

Rates: The rate vs gox is currently approximately 1.5% above. It's just a test rate at the moment, quite low to get people interested in the service. It seems to be a relatively cheap day for LocalBitcoins so that's probably how runam0k found a cheap deal. The reality is that the prices on Bittylicious will go up when launched - it's not supposed to be the cheapest service around, but is supposed to be the most convenient and simplest to use.

Escrow: About the Escrow functionality, people trust LocalBitcoins' escrow system without worrying, and that's the idea here. Naturally, it's a new site, but in time people will hopefully trust it without worrying.

Website: Regarding the website, I intend on never running out of stock Wink Well, at least I want the users of the site to think that; I don't want to add another figure for them to worry about. Just near the 'Buy now' button, it says how many BTC are available to buy for the individual user. Do you think this isn't clear enough?

Page refresh: Regarding the page refresh as well, this should have happened automatically. How long did you want after you received your (unverified) Bitcoin? It should have refreshed usually within 20 seconds to show the transaction ID.

Many thanks for your testing. I welcome others to join in. Right now, you can get a Bitcoin on Bittylicious at http://www.bittylicious.com/ for only £72.39!

Thanks,

Marc
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Thanks. Tested it out and BTC received pretty quickly.

It's a good idea - easy to use and you get to save on seller fees at other sites. You might need to be a touch more competitive on price though. There are (or were) some marginally cheaper options on localbitcoins, for example, where sellers do pay seller fees. Plus buyers using those sites get the benefit of coins being held in escrow.

For the website:

It would be good to see something like "> 100 bitcoins in stock, X available for you to buy" near the buy button. I'm guessing trades won't process or the available number will show as zero anyway, but making it nice and clear for the buyer is never a bad thing.

Also, I was waiting for the page to refresh to tell me bitcoins had been sent. For whatever reason, it didn't.
Activity: 552
Merit: 501
What are you rates versus Gox?
Hi,

I just launched a new site that allows people to buy Bitcoins using UK's Faster Payments system (i.e. regular bank transfers for most people). It's not a marketplace, so users can't register as sellers; it's really just a simple service to send Bitcoins once money has been deposited.

It's in a testing phase at the moment, but is live (with minimal margins to compensate those helping to test) so if anyone's interested, please sign up at http://www.bittylicious.com/. I'll post another announcement when it's open to all.

Feedback, constructive criticism etc. all welcome on this thread of course.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: