Pages:
Author

Topic: BitVc - A New Trading Platform From Huobi - page 2. (Read 6860 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 08:09:11 AM
any more expiriences on that one?

Some experience with lending BTC:

you don't really get paid for the first day, if you deposit you get your first payment ~48 hours after and then every 24hours. Also the interest is very low (but still higher than bitfinex!). Withdrawing from the lending system is instantly, but again you forfeit 1 day of interest.

I like the bitfinex way much more.

What is the current interest rate for BTC and LTC?
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003
Does anyone know if there is going to be API available.  I didn't see any info on the website about it.

probably....This page seams to be kind of beta still
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Does anyone know if there is going to be API available.  I didn't see any info on the website about it.
legendary

you don't really get paid for the first day, if you deposit you get your first payment ~48 hours after and then every 24hours. Also the interest is very low (but still higher than bitfinex!). Withdrawing from the lending system is instantly, but again you forfeit 1 day of interest.

thank's...I'll give it a try as a trader
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Been using BitVC for a week now for the savings account feature not quite sure how to judge it thus far but I have about $60 worth of litecoins in there. My biggest complaint is that they only go to the 4th decimal for accounting in digital currency "0.0000" as opposed to going to the 8th, not sure why they do this but I've gotten over it since I started to make deposits only to the 4th decimal as well. Haven't tried to withdrawal anything yet so I can't comment on that part either. Waiting till they get out of beta to trust the service with more money.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
BitVc is a new trading platform which allows margin trading of Bitcoin and Litecoin. Like Huobi, there will be zero trading or withdrawal fees. BitVc is based on Huobi's API and will support BTC/LTC derivatives and financial instruments. BitVc will be focused on margin trading, derivatives, and other financial instruments, while Huobi will continue to be mainly a spot trading platform. The API will be opened later for other developers to create applications on it. BitVc was created by the people behind Huobi, which has an impeccable security and performance record. It is registered to Huobi's subsidiary company in Hong Kong.

BitVc features a new product/service called Yubibao, which is an interest-bearing BTC/LTC account within BitVc. You can move your BTC/LTC into your Yubibao and withdraw into your normal account instantly and at any time. Yubibao gives risk-averse people a safe, easy way to put their coins to work for profit. Interest is derived from traders who borrow to trade on margin. Rather than setting your own loan terms, BitVc pools all the deposits in Yubibao and offers the same market rate to all savers and borrowers.

BitVc is currently in invitation-only mode, but you can send me a message if you want an invitation code. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

https://www.bitvc.com/

http://newsbtc.com/2014/06/16/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-huobi-launch-virtual-currency-based-derivatives-platform-bitvc/

Guy just wanted to let u know be carefull when doing margin trades on bitvc , they seem to have very laggy & slow server response time.  Angry Roll Eyes  , i dont know this is in purpose to make margin traders loose money or something.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Dollar rates for leveraged buyers going long are a different story, but Huobi are not offering dollar deposits.

Well, they offer CNY desposits, don't they? Unless all the talk about coupons and indirect fiat deposits were lies, they probably have a lot of (potential?) Chinese traders who also want to go long on Bitcoin.
Activity: 552
Merit: 501
Not sure I understand how these BTC interest rates work. The only people who need to borrow BTC are short sellers. But there are not many of them and you would expect the interest rates to be very low (on Finex they are about 0.5% per YEAR). Dollar rates for leveraged buyers going long are a different story, but Huobi are not offering dollar deposits.
All very weird.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Please send me a PM to request an invite code.
Activity: 306
Merit: 102
Like an invite code also.

What is the current rate on RMB and btc?
Activity: 252
I would also be interested in an invite.

(I also gladly sign up under your referral link if they already have an affiliate system)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I'd like to check it out too!

Invite code please if anyone has one left.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
I'll take a invite to check it out if someone has one.
Activity: 353
BITCOIN
anyone invite ?
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Can someone send me an invitation
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

might as well get intrest on your BTC while sitting on your account, will try for sure!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I got invited code from huobi at reddit, and resisted.

In my understanding, cny/btc/ltc borrower first pays 0.1%/day and interest grows 10%/ 10days.
So after first 10days, borrower will pay 0.11%(0.1% *10%).
And after 250 days,borrower will reach 1% cap( (0.1%*1.01)^25=1.08%).

lender get 80% of borrower's interest.

Is this correct?
Activity: 441
So would you go to bed without a stop loss on a leveraged trade? I soon learned that setting stop losses were just a way of helping the exchange insiders farm my arse, so I stopped doing it.

I see what you're saying here, but you can never protect yourself completely from stop loss farming. If the insider's don't get you, the whales will. Especially now that Finex is decoupled from Stamp. A whale with a thousand coins to toy with could do some real harm there.

Myself I am much too scared to trade this way.

Say you got in on May 23rd with 10000 USD leveraged trade. The interest you would have to pay on that trade for one month would be around $900 USD. That is more than your profit margins would be today. Well done, you are on the winning side of the trade but are in the red.

Yeah, sorry, I don't have an answer to this. The interest is just too high because the market is illiquid. More and larger exchanges will only make the situation better. That's why I like what Huobi did, in principle. I will defer judgement until I see it in practice.
Pages:
Jump to: