Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitwings promises smartphone that can mine 2 ETH/month. Ponzi scheme? - page 2. (Read 2532 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
I thought I had made the comparison before, but it seems I forgot to add a picture.

Bitwings Logo:

Babylon 5 Shadow:

(yes yes I'll keep my posts in the thread serious from now on, promise)
Activity: 1974
Merit: 756
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

Waiting for someone to actually buy this phone and hear the feedback. I don't think many people can afford this phone. In my opinion, it is better to invest directly in eth as we know the chance of increasing its value is high, once eth 2.0 is launched. But investing in expensive smartphone with no guarantee to earn? That's a gamble. Mining 2 eth/month, let's see if they can truly realized this amount of earnings.

Kinda hard to buy something that doesn't really exist.
I'm sure many people would buy it if possible, scam or not, but you just can't.
And the things they show on the video, it's an ordinary chineese phone with a custom sticker on it
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
the bitwings project is indeed a very long and long project. regardless of whether the result is achieved or not ieo. bitwings still has the minephone wx product which I think is good enough to buy. especially plus a bonus.
whether it can be sent to another country or not, we are waiting for the pre-order for the wx minephone.

"good enough to buy"? Ok, I don't think so. In terms of features and functionality, there are far better phones at far cheaper prices from well-known and recognized manufacturers and not some 'nameless' garbage we have here. And what do you mean by "especially plus a bonus"? A cloud mining contract? Trust me, you better take that money and invest directly in ETH.

Don't waste your time to reply, Stalker 22, this is the guy who said:

(...) ponzi or not we have to try and follow the mining contract program. (...)

Don't you agree with him? Cool

Waiting for someone to actually buy this phone and hear the feedback. I don't think many people can afford this phone. In my opinion, it is better to invest directly in eth as we know the chance of increasing its value is high, once eth 2.0 is launched. But investing in expensive smartphone with no guarantee to earn? That's a gamble. Mining 2 eth/month, let's see if they can truly realized this amount of earnings.
legendary
the bitwings project is indeed a very long and long project. regardless of whether the result is achieved or not ieo. bitwings still has the minephone wx product which I think is good enough to buy. especially plus a bonus.
whether it can be sent to another country or not, we are waiting for the pre-order for the wx minephone.

"good enough to buy"? Ok, I don't think so. In terms of features and functionality, there are far better phones at far cheaper prices from well-known and recognized manufacturers and not some 'nameless' garbage we have here. And what do you mean by "especially plus a bonus"? A cloud mining contract? Trust me, you better take that money and invest directly in ETH.

Don't waste your time to reply, Stalker 22, this is the guy who said:

(...) ponzi or not we have to try and follow the mining contract program. (...)

Don't you agree with him? Cool
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355

Activity: 977
Merit: 10
This is a project by a real-life existing phone company, if I understand well. I don't see any reason why people who own a bounty or who have invested in this project, wouldn't send a notice of default to this company and consider legal action. The case is so easy that you probably wouldn't need a lawyer, and it might be possible that you can send your notice of default simply by e-mail, especially if your home country has a minimal existing concept of consumer laws.
Doesn't make much sense for bounty hunters to start the lawsuit (as far as I know they got their tokens but they are on Bitwings dashboard, you can't move them anywhere) but I wouldn't be surprised if some bigger ICO investor goes that way, or maybe people that paid for their magic smartphone/

So aiming for IEO bitwings on p2pb2b is it just to attract investors?  in the end it failed nor was there success while the hunters were waiting for the tokens generated from their campaign, this was really disappointed.

In the beginning, I was sure about the Bitwings project because with a meeting that could be said to be promising in the end I already knew that they were behind them.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
I found one, but you can hardly call it proper unpacking video, and on top of that its published on their YouTube channel. You do see this infamous Minephone though and hear some annoying electronic music, no voice or any kind of explanation. Naturally, under the video there are few shills accounts telling how great that phone is. They simply can't resist doing that kind of things.
¡Ya llegó! Unboxing del Minephone WX - 2020

Oh, my God, that's one hairy dude. If you are going to watch the video be careful not to get too close, or you'll get poked in the eye! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
So he lied in public when he said unpacking videos will be released 'today' because that was 4 days ago and still nothing.
I didn't find any unpacking on twitter or facebook, but only this video in spanish on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IO8DmKbWEE
Better grab your popcorns and enjoy the free bitwings show  Smiley
I found one, but you can hardly call it proper unpacking video, and on top of that its published on their YouTube channel. You do see this infamous Minephone though and hear some annoying electronic music, no voice or any kind of explanation. Naturally, under the video there are few shills accounts telling how great that phone is. They simply can't resist doing that kind of things.
¡Ya llegó! Unboxing del Minephone WX - 2020

They claimed that the phone was paired with a 2ETH/month package, now that sounds almost impossible since at the time of the release ETh was at per their calculation at 215$ and now it stands at 450$ and it likely will keep up with bitcoin and maybe reach quite soon 500$. At which point they will have no more room to maneuver than admit they are not really having a mining business backing their business model but this is a magic phone that does this and that and somehow prints money.
Yep, even with ETH at 200 USD they would operate at loss (if we assume that they would have to get that ETH from somewhere in order to keep this ponzi running for some time) and now with this prices scheme would crumble much faster. If you confront them with that question, I'm sure they would twist it around and say that's even  more reason to buy Minephone now, as ETH price is going up.

But even more annoying that this whole crapload of lies they keep on posting about their magic business is that somehow Icobench still ranks their shitty ICO with 4.3 and 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Everything is on sale there, including ratings from those "experts". Check any shitty ICO and chances are you will see the names like Ian Scarffe, Sean Brizendine and Hamza Khan. Among other things, ICObench also tracks bitcointalk activity and gives rating based on that so I think that's one of the reasons why we still see shill accounts despite bumping changes in altcoin board.

I thought those sites died off with the 2017 wave of scams but apparently not.
Unfortunately still alive and kicking, with few others as well. They were offline for a couple of days few months ago and I hoped that someone managed to shut them down for good but they came back.

This whole Bitwings mess doesn't make any sense.They have real mobile provider company behind them so it's not like same fake team decided to make a quick money grab scheme, that  we usually see. These are real people, they have some kind of conventions in South America, paying influencers to advertise this, going to that mobile phone congress in Barcelona etc. I guess they live in la-la land...
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Isn't icobench one of those scammy review sites that rate any ICO/IEO/I-something-O/DE-something-FI for a price?

Name one that isn't...
Seriously, tell me one that is not doing this, I would love to have it bookmarked.

As always, the only ones that went offline were the ones that were not getting paid to do so, the only on my list of ico reviews was icoethics, the user went offline and hasn't logged for more than a year, the domain has expired, the crap has survived mainly thanks to the new defi madness.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
But even more annoying that this whole crapload of lies they keep on posting about their magic business is that somehow Icobench still ranks their shitty ICO with 4.3 and 4.8 out of 5 stars.

Isn't icobench one of those scammy review sites that rate any ICO/IEO/I-something-O/DE-something-FI for a price?

legendary
Blackjack.fun
"Most awaited minephone" with "high-performance MediaTek Helio P60, Octa-Core is used both to power the Android OS and its mining operations. It’s paired to a large 8GB of memory, 128GB of storage and comes with two high-resolution , 8+16MP rear cameras for exceptional photography.". Who needs that in late 2020 ? How much they charge for this mobile ? "not mining" mobile with same specs can be bought for 250 Euro today.

The magic phone just got an upgrade it seems, but on the webpage is still shows:
CPU specifications Octa Core – 4x A73 2.0GHz + 4x A53 2.0GHz.
RAM specifications 6 GB.

And for 250$ you could have got that deal a year ago, already bought and used the phone, and the rest of the money you could have invested directly in ETH and made 3x time the profit, which brings us to another problem in the unicorn fairy tale of bitwings.

They claimed that the phone was paired with a 2ETH/month package, now that sounds almost impossible since at the time of the release ETh was at per their calculation at 215$ and now it stands at 450$ and it likely will keep up with bitcoin and maybe reach quite soon 500$. At which point they will have no more room to maneuver than admit they are not really having a mining business backing their business model but this is a magic phone that does this and that and somehow prints money.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
A failed campaign manager talking to walls...
So he lied in public when he said unpacking videos will be released 'today' because that was 4 days ago and still nothing.
I didn't find any unpacking on twitter or facebook, but only this video in spanish on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IO8DmKbWEE
Better grab your popcorns and enjoy the free bitwings show  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
It is ALIVE only on Bitcointalk. Their social media accounts are silent about this announcement. There is nothing about it on their webpage, which used to be on English language, but now is partly on Spanish.

"Most awaited minephone" with "high-performance MediaTek Helio P60, Octa-Core is used both to power the Android OS and its mining operations. It’s paired to a large 8GB of memory, 128GB of storage and comes with two high-resolution , 8+16MP rear cameras for exceptional photography.". Who needs that in late 2020 ? How much they charge for this mobile ? "not mining" mobile with same specs can be bought for 250 Euro today.
legendary
It's ALIVE ladies and gentlemen. A new announcement!

Only this time, the thread sadly has been abandoned even by the bumpers...

THE BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT IS HERE! THE MOST AWAITED ANNOUNCEMENT!! TO EVERYONE WHO WANTED TO HEAR IT!! YOUR MOST AWAITED MINEPHONE IS IN SHIPPING AND IS REACHING IN DAYS!! THE UNBOXING VIDEO AND ALL THE UPDATES ARE COMING HERE FROM TODAY!! WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE!!

A failed campaign manager talking to walls...
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
This is a project by a real-life existing phone company, if I understand well. I don't see any reason why people who own a bounty or who have invested in this project, wouldn't send a notice of default to this company and consider legal action. The case is so easy that you probably wouldn't need a lawyer, and it might be possible that you can send your notice of default simply by e-mail, especially if your home country has a minimal existing concept of consumer laws.
Doesn't make much sense for bounty hunters to start the lawsuit (as far as I know they got their tokens but they are on Bitwings dashboard, you can't move them anywhere) but I wouldn't be surprised if some bigger ICO investor goes that way, or maybe people that paid for their magic smartphone/

So aiming for IEO bitwings on p2pb2b is it just to attract investors?  in the end it failed nor was there success while the hunters were waiting for the tokens generated from their campaign, this was really disappointed.

In the beginning, I was sure about the Bitwings project because with a meeting that could be said to be promising in the end I already knew that they were behind them.
legendary
One thing I notice is that they deleted official telegram channel @bitwings_eng
I thought so too, but group is still there, they just made it private and deleted invite link so no new members can enter. I guess they got bored of new accounts coming to group and complaining about delays and other failed promises, and there are are of those lately in their group. I am still in that group, staying low not to get kicked out.

But, they have a new product, a bitwings laptop...the x book!
Equipped with a processor launched in 2017, with as they say high-level specifications like 8gb ram and 256 ssd, top of the line, and you can get this amazing thing for just 999$, unlike buying it from newegg at 700$
Yep, their graphics designers are working hard on all those new "products".

As far as I understood reading though this scam in the last months they do have a legit business behind it, why create all this crap and most likely end up losing even the original business over what will happen if some of the investors will start filling complains both with the police or the financial authorities in their country? They are based in Spain for god's sake not in some forgotten country!
That's the main reason they managed to fool so many people for so long, the fact that real company is backing Bitwings, not just made up fake company like in 99% of the ICOs. BUt as man others, they overestimated themselves, promised stuff they can;t deliver and now we see the results. For some reason they still have marketing campaign focused at Latin America.

legendary
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Time for a Bitwings update, a lot of things going on lately at the home of magic smartphone that mines 2 ETH per month.

But, they have a new product, a bitwings laptop...the x book!
Equipped with a processor launched in 2017, with as they say high-level specifications like 8gb ram and 256 ssd, top of the line, and you can get this amazing thing for just 999$, unlike buying it from newegg at 700$

We're already in Q3 and the roadmap is full of potholes:

I must admit, the one thing that Bitwings doesn't miss are lame excuses. First it was corona virus, now its the new blockchain. It will be interesting to see what's next. I think their plan is to drag all this as much as possible so old ICO investors simply forget about their money, and those that ordered smartphones.

And now the second wave of corona will be blamed, I can feel it, they have nothing, they thought its simple to launch a token and a phone that is manufactured under their brand by a noname company in China but they didn't manage to set up even the management and logistic chain a dropshipping business would be able to. As far as I understood reading though this scam in the last months they do have a legit business behind it, why create all this crap and most likely end up losing even the original business over what will happen if some of the investors will start filling complains both with the police or the financial authorities in their country? They are based in Spain for god's sake not in some forgotten country!

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
So, after year long ICO and many extensions, plan was to list BWN on "reputable" exchange such as P2PB2B on October 1st, right after ICO sale that supposed to be over on September 31st. But, since Ethereum blockhain (or any other for that matter) is not approriate for something as advanced as Bitwings ecosystem is, with their smartphones scooters, laptopts, tablets etc they decided to develop their own blockchain, or as they call it "WingsChain". Developing something as advanced as WingsChain takes time, so naturally they decided for one more sale extension until "early 2021" and therefore postponing exchange listing too.

This must be the next big thing in crypto... all hurry to buy WingsChain super-duper coins and buy more phones to be ready for 2021, because they say WingsChain is in 0.1% of best crypto projects ....  Roll Eyes  Grin
One thing I notice is that they deleted official telegram channel @bitwings_eng

legendary
Time for a Bitwings update, a lot of things going on lately at the home of magic smartphone that mines 2 ETH per month.

So, after year long ICO and many extensions, plan was to list BWN on "reputable" exchange such as P2PB2B on October 1st, right after ICO sale that supposed to be over on September 31st. But, since Ethereum blockhain (or any other for that matter) is not approriate for something as advanced as Bitwings ecosystem is, with their smartphones scooters, laptopts, tablets etc they decided to develop their own blockchain, or as they call it "WingsChain". Developing something as advanced as WingsChain takes time, so naturally they decided for one more sale extension until "early 2021" and therefore postponing exchange listing too.

I must admit, the one thing that Bitwings doesn't miss are lame excuses. First it was corona virus, now its the new blockchain. It will be interesting to see what's next. I think their plan is to drag all this as much as possible so old ICO investors simply forget about their money, and those that ordered smartphones.

Regarding their main product, Magic Smartphone,  it's no surprise that no one reviewed or seen that thing. Well, maybe one of their shillers did, if we are to believe him. But even he reports malfunctioning camera Cheesy

I have got a Wings W4 which still has the warranty and the camera is malfunctioning. I think it needs technical assistance. Who and where should I contact?

Pages:
Jump to: