Pages:
Author

Topic: Bizarre news: One of the founders of bitcoin.com has sold all his bitcoin - page 2. (Read 234 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
I don't see how Oldenburg is wrong though. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are definitely risky investments; and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here will agree.

So, Oldenburg sold all his bitcoin for bitcoincash. So what? It's a free market. He can do whatever he wishes. So he thinks bitcoincash is better than bitcoin? Then let him be. Each person has their own opinions, and there's definitely nothing wrong with that.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Co-founder of bitcoin.com Emil Oldenburg, is extremely skeptical of bitcoin’s future. He calls it the riskiest investment one can make at the moment and blames it on the market liquidity. He also has sold all his bitcoin and switched all of them to bitcoin cash. What do you think of this? Do you think this sort of news will drive people away from bitcoin and it will all fall off one day or he's just paranoid for no reason?

first of all you should know that bitcoin.com is the main advertiser of bitcoin cash. that should clarify whey he "said" he has done what you explained here.

secondly, if you think bitcoin is risky then you should already know that altcoins, specially bitcoin cash are much riskier investments!

and finally selling and diversifying is not a bad thing. bitcoin has risen a lot, it is only wise to sell something to get some profit out. even if you do don't believe all the bubble talk, there is always a tiny chance of a drop. that "tiny chance" is enough for you to re-think your strategies.

and no it will not cause any panic or drive people away, almost everyone knows what they are up to and they are used to people saying weird shit about bitcoin all over the internet. Tongue
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
People are allowed to do whatever they want with their money. If he wants to sell them there are lots of people who want to buy also. Smiley
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
He is not right about it, but maybe he is on point in some facts about his theory.

Bitcoin is not stable anymore, the price is skyrocketing, and that is probably a problem for a lot of people, it is scarying me too.

But i dont know, seriously he switched to bcash? what a shame..
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
This isn't a surprise since Bitcoin.com CEO Roger Ver is the main guy behind the Bitcoin Cash which they claim to be the real Bitcoin. Though Bitcoin Cash (or some like to call it Bcash or Btrash) is trying hard to market themselves and I think they have somewhat succeeded on that. People don't want to pay $10 in fee to send Bitcoin when they have other alternatives that are cheaper and faster.

Some people also call it bitcoin crash, because they think it will be worthless when LN and sidechains are implemented, but I think this could be said of pretty much all the alts.

For the moment, it is true that it has become an important coin, 3rd one in market cap, unlike Bitcoin Gold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
This isn't a surprise since Bitcoin.com CEO Roger Ver is the main guy behind the Bitcoin Cash which they claim to be the real Bitcoin. Though Bitcoin Cash (or some like to call it Bcash or Btrash) is trying hard to market themselves and I think they have somewhat succeeded on that. People don't want to pay $10 in fee to send Bitcoin when they have other alternatives that are cheaper and faster.
Activity: 146
Merit: 3
Co-founder of bitcoin.com Emil Oldenburg, is extremely skeptical of bitcoin’s future. He calls it the riskiest investment one can make at the moment and blames it on the market liquidity. He also has sold all his bitcoin and switched all of them to bitcoin cash. What do you think of this? Do you think this sort of news will drive people away from bitcoin and it will all fall off one day or he's just paranoid for no reason?
Pages:
Jump to: