Pages:
Author

Topic: Black death was not spread by rat fleas, say researchers - page 2. (Read 1392 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Wow, nice pictograf why contamination did not hit Poland? Cheesy They have something to neutralize disease? It is weird coz it is just island free of sickness in the heart of Europe...

Yes... there were three disease-free pockets. I don't know how they escaped.

1. Central Poland and Western Ukraine
2. Milan
3. Pyrennes
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Yes it was contagious through the air, but it came from the contamination of rat feeces also.  I saw a documetary on it

Yes. You are right. The air became contaminated through the exposure of rat feces. Still... it is hard to believe that the disease killed 200 million people in a matter of months. That is almost 3 times the WW2 death count.

Wow, nice pictograf why contamination did not hit Poland? Cheesy They have something to neutralize disease? It is weird coz it is just island free of sickness in the heart of Europe...
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Yes it was contagious through the air, but it came from the contamination of rat feeces also.  I saw a documetary on it

Yes. You are right. The air became contaminated through the exposure of rat feces. Still... it is hard to believe that the disease killed 200 million people in a matter of months. That is almost 3 times the WW2 death count.

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I did an essay/presentation on the black death and found it very interesting. That's when I learned what the meaning to the song "Ring Around the Posies". Horrible plague, if I remember correctly they had mass graves and had to burn the bodies.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I was taught at school over 20 years ago that the black death was a combination of bubonic and pneumonic plagues... why is this being put forward as some sort of revelation?

This pretty much...

I read this and wondered where the revelation was??
Activity: 364
I was taught at school over 20 years ago that the black death was a combination of bubonic and pneumonic plagues... why is this being put forward as some sort of revelation?

Activity: 266
I read this many years ago that at first the plague were spread by rat fleas but eventually the plague evolved and spread thru airborne.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
Black death was not spread by rat fleas, say researchers

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/29/black-death-not-spread-rat-fleas-london-plague

"Evidence from skulls in east London shows plague had to have been airborne to spread so quickly."
Pages:
Jump to: