Pages:
Author

Topic: Blackcoin and why it could be really big // Intro to Blackcoin - page 2. (Read 3889 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
This currency does not differ alot from every other alternate currency. And you know it, so stop pretendeing. Sorry, but someone has to say it.

Humble regards
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
so you can no longer mine it?

How long did the mining period last?

The original mining was 10000 blocks.

10000 blocks is only about 6-7 days.

so yeah like everyone else is saying ... instamined ...

And why 1%, no one is going to hold the coin for 1% annual interest

I think we have a last place finisher in the reading comprehension race.

fyi.. there was 23 gh on BC at one point. there is a ton of people with coins, which I explained on the first post, no 1 person holds more then 2%. Very few hold more then 500k (less then 20)
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

10000 blocks is only about 6-7 days.

so yeah like everyone else is saying ... instamined ...

And why 1%, no one is going to hold the coin for 1% annual interest
Activity: 476

Now we can mine once again via http://bcmultipool.com Smiley
Activity: 251

Pepemo.vip
So why is blackcoin better than anoncoin?

Check the top post...

blackcoin can only be bought or staked, anon coin can be mined into oblivion
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Very nice write up MuffinMaster, sorry I missed this I would have posted sooner.

As time goes on it will become more apparent what a gem we have here with Blackcoin. 100% proof of stake means it's much more energy efficient than Bitcoin or Litecoin or in fact almost any other coin out there.

What has been a real bonus for me with this coin is we have an active developer who is spending his resources on clever ideas like the blackhole multipool.

Most importantly though - no premine and the coins were allocated through proof of work mining.
Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
So why is blackcoin better than anoncoin?
Pepemo.vip
Instamined gimmicky sponger.

https://twitter.com/CoinBlack/status/446335086611288065

20 + GH scyrpt

6.5 TH SHA within 60 minutes of being operational.

150+ BTC bought on open market per day

almost 100k added to the market cap every day.

Not sure what is gimmicky about draining all other coins of value in a low inflation coin.
Activity: 149
Instamined gimmicky sponger.
Activity: 294
I am seeing Blackcoin getting more and more popular. I have a few thousand and I certainly am not selling them. I will hold them for the long haul. If they ever reach the litecoin price it will be just awesome. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Call me crazy but I think this might reach Litecoins market cap, it may not be for a few months but it will come eventually
Activity: 265
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

i dont think anyone really understands what we have stummbled on here. this has the tech and the correct setup to really shake up the value of this coin.
all miners will now be worth using
a coin thats a safe investment because of constant buy power

Agree 100%

It has transformed the need for ever-growing hashing ASIC power that has BTC into a permanent drain from other altcoins. In fact, if i were a BTC whale, i will point my miners directly to BC to damage the rest.

ONE FOR RULE THEM ALL.

The name is not PalCoin, or DudeCoin. Is fracking BlackCoin. Lets put some attitude here  Grin

Pepemo.vip
Updated, thanks for the research Blade
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
I believe BC has a chance. I think they fucked up BIG TIME by putting out the beta multipool. That was a unique idea that they should have done everything they could to perfect during a private beta. Now, other coins have multipools up doing the same thing as blackcoin while the blackcoin pool is down to finish development. Is MintCoin's multipool in beta or perm?

Either way, BlackCoin shot itself in the foot and now has to hobble along hoping it heals right.

The mintcoin pool is a joke at 50 mh. The blackcoin pool will be over 7.5gh (expecting closer to 20 gh within a week) not including all the other algorithms.

1 week turnaround from beta to live seems pretty reasonable.
I don't disagree that the turn around from beta to live is reasonable, and I'll admit I have not looked in to MintCoin's multipool - my point is that you want to get dedicated miners in early so they don't hop on another coin. If they can return to what the previously had in beta and exceed that to what you're predicting, I'll be stoked as that means I was right about BC's future... my fear is that a week off, with other devs now stealing the idea, could harm it. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.

Also, I mined it for 36-48 hours and only got 300bc at 2440khs.. was kind of disappointed but expected as much from a beta.

You can allays try copy something but that not always will work.
Perfect coin for such action like BC is:
- 0 premine all coins have some Value, no backstab from greedy Devs Wink ( research Mint, Panda)
- low inflation 0-1% or no inflation

Some inflation like 1% is needed to keep POS alive.
1% inflation in POS can lead you avoid to pay ridiculous fees like with NXT...!
Eg 1 BC cost 1000$ and you pay 0.1$(or 0 Wink ) for transfer while with next
1 NXT = 1000$ and you pay hmm 1000% for transfer...But allways you cannot avoid fee.
Conclusion some inflation but low is better than 0% and ridiculous fees.

About Bitcoin inflation is not 5%... BUT 11,11% surce : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply
Litecoin this year will have 33%...
In 11 years  BTC will get less than 1% inflation but that inflation.
BTC It can take even more even 20 years to get 1%... because real amount BTC will be lower by projects like Mastercoin,XPM which destroys BTC forever and BTC Vanish from market for ever.

We produce ~2054 New BC Day to buy all you need ~0.06 BTC... BTC with price 3000sat
But do you believe if someone has Eg 100k and get 2BC daily from stake he will rush to sell it Cheesy ^^ ?

Please correct Data 0.06BTC...to Buy all BC (PS: once i made sililar error 1% from 75m is 0.75m / 365 = 2054BC day)
And BTC inflation to 10% ^^ https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Pepemo.vip
i think this is going somewhere

BC will be top 5 volume for the 2nd time in 5 days.... not even top 20 market cap. It's going to equalize
Activity: 350
i think this is going somewhere
Activity: 153
i dont think anyone really understands what we have stummbled on here. this has the tech and the correct setup to really shake up the value of this coin.
all miners will now be worth using
a coin thats a safe investment because of constant buy power

1 bc = 1btc!! there i said it first! lol
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
Pepemo.vip
I believe BC has a chance. I think they fucked up BIG TIME by putting out the beta multipool. That was a unique idea that they should have done everything they could to perfect during a private beta. Now, other coins have multipools up doing the same thing as blackcoin while the blackcoin pool is down to finish development. Is MintCoin's multipool in beta or perm?

Either way, BlackCoin shot itself in the foot and now has to hobble along hoping it heals right.

The mintcoin pool is a joke at 50 mh. The blackcoin pool will be over 7.5gh (expecting closer to 20 gh within a week) not including all the other algorithms.

1 week turnaround from beta to live seems pretty reasonable.
I don't disagree that the turn around from beta to live is reasonable, and I'll admit I have not looked in to MintCoin's multipool - my point is that you want to get dedicated miners in early so they don't hop on another coin. If they can return to what the previously had in beta and exceed that to what you're predicting, I'll be stoked as that means I was right about BC's future... my fear is that a week off, with other devs now stealing the idea, could harm it. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.

Also, I mined it for 36-48 hours and only got 300bc at 2440khs.. was kind of disappointed but expected as much from a beta.

I totally agree with you. I also mined on the pool at got around 500 coins for 24 hours with 7 mh... I normally get around 2000/day. But keep in mind I was normally mining around the price of 500-2000, not the 3000+ it was during the weekend and it was mining a shitty coin. The beta was just to test the load of the servers, the actual payouts were rather lackluster.

It will be completely automated with low fees once it goes live.
Pages:
Jump to: