Pages:
Author

Topic: BlackCoin vs NXT - page 3. (Read 3730 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
March 15, 2014, 07:30:09 PM
http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution

I was from beginig and those top 10 places was floating 1m - 4m...
i think distribution of BC was ok.
There is no sense in ague about distribution because now eg with up coming ASIC for LTC will brake your great distribution like it is with BTC.
Only BTC farm can get some coins like that from cex.io.
Whole idea mining BTC for regular Joe was burrowed year ago.
Now only BTC farms get some BTC...
LTC was mined in 33% by gpus now with ASICs your distribution will follow BTC path...
I give LTC hmm 6-12 months and forget GPUs. That will be ASICs festival.

LTC was P&D too it took time to stabilize market. LTC price jumps 1$-50$-13$ ^^ yea P&D free during lifespan.
Give BC one year and then we can talk which distribution is better.
Today in one month of lifespown there is no sense to argue about it.

NXT is just other kind of distribution...

ASIC miners don't kill distribution. Those people investing in ASICs are spending a lot of money and taking significant risk. Some may not even see an ROI. Whereas according to you, the initial investors in this BC had 1 to 4 million coins? Bitcoin also went from $1-$1250-$600, so you're right; all of them have been pumped and dumped. But some have more staying power than others due to infrastructure, interest, exposure, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
March 15, 2014, 07:01:25 PM
If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

Initial IPO of NXT was only 21 BTC.
PoS must be initially distributed- it lies in its nature.  The way BC did it was very smart : Proof of Work.

There's nothing shady with these. Just a lot of misunderstanding usually.

So how many people exactly received NXT in this initial IPO? probably just the dev and a close circle of his friends. This BlackCoin thing doesn't seem much better either. How long did the mining period last for? Probably only a few people got their hands on them before mining ended, which is weird as the coin is like 2 weeks old.

LiteCoin has a better distribution than both of these, and people can still mine them with GPUs. As far as I can tell, this BlackCoin only has pump-and-dump potential at the very most.

http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution

I was from beginig and those top 10 places was floating 1m - 4m...
i think distribution of BC was ok.
There is no sense in ague about distribution because now eg with up coming ASIC for LTC will brake your great distribution like it is with BTC.
Only BTC farm can get some coins like that from cex.io.
Whole idea mining BTC for regular Joe was burrowed year ago.
Now only BTC farms get some BTC...
LTC was mined in 33% by gpus now with ASICs your distribution will follow BTC path...
I give LTC hmm 6-12 months and forget GPUs. That will be ASICs festival.

LTC was P&D too it took time to stabilize market. LTC price jumps 1$-50$-13$ ^^ yea P&D free during lifespan.
Give BC one year and then we can talk which distribution is better.
Today in one month of lifespown there is no sense to argue about it.

NXT is just other kind of distribution...
March 15, 2014, 06:20:23 PM
If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

PoS must be initially distributed- it lies in its nature.  The way BC did it was very smart : Proof of Work.

So how many people exactly received NXT in this initial IPO? probably just the dev and a close circle of his friends. This BlackCoin thing doesn't seem much better either. How long did the mining period last for? Probably only a few people got their hands on them before mining ended, which is weird as the coin is like 2 weeks old.

LiteCoin has a better distribution than both of these, and people can still mine them with GPUs. As far as I can tell, this BlackCoin only has pump-and-dump potential at the very most.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 15, 2014, 06:05:32 PM

March 15, 2014, 06:03:44 PM

Both these coins seem shady. 100% POS ensures the whales get richer.
Activity: 126
March 15, 2014, 05:57:23 PM
Sounds good to me! How i can mine BC?

you can't, its mining phase is over. it is purely PoS now, you can only buy it.

or mine at its multipool, which cashes out in BC
Activity: 206
March 15, 2014, 05:54:10 PM
Sounds good to me! How i can mine BC?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
March 15, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
To my mind the most innovative thing about BC is the bcmultipool.  It's a black hole for scrypt altcoins which mines the most profitable coin, dumps it for BTC, and auto-buys BC.  It is constantly pushing up the bid for BC, and pushing down the bid for all the scrypt coins. 

One can easily understand how this could remove all the marketcap from every scrypt PoW coin, and move it into BC.  It's also a great way to mine BC indirectly, now that the PoW phase is over.
legendary
March 15, 2014, 05:01:17 PM
Then Bc is a Bitcoin clone!?  Or is written from scratch?
Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

Such starts like Nova/PPC/Mint all have POW part inside parallel to POS system.

Part is written from scratch, and the other part is copied from?
Look at source code.
I probably some parts like others was taken from BTC/LTC/PPC interface initial POW part.
Mostly main code is fresh. I dont have eny experience with git hub:
Here link for surce code:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin
March 15, 2014, 04:45:29 PM
Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

Part is written from scratch, and the other part is copied from?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 15, 2014, 04:41:23 PM
BlackCoin claims to be the first pure PoS coin.

where?
legendary
March 15, 2014, 04:39:46 PM

March 15, 2014, 04:29:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1260
March 15, 2014, 04:07:55 PM
Blackcoin is like a bitcoin version of NXT.

NXT is based on completely different codebase to Bitcoin. And the coins were distributed purely by paying for them

Blackcoin there was an initial proof of work mining process to distribute the initial coins.

There are some similarities but also some major differences.
Activity: 178
March 15, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
We are actually still in the very beginning now and every coin that has any advantage over others will attract a lot of people bezcause market is growing very fast. No need for black PR and fierce competition now. We are like children throwing stones at each other in a glass house...
Activity: 497
Merit: 251
March 15, 2014, 03:47:26 PM
Premined? Blackcoin was distributed fairly as Nem?

Well, BC has ZERO premine and it was distributed by PoW mining  hence it's not comparable with "NEM" at all... Wink
March 15, 2014, 03:42:00 PM
Premined? Blackcoin was distributed fairly as Nem?
March 15, 2014, 03:24:55 PM
Oh sorry man, it was just a question
legendary
March 15, 2014, 03:19:56 PM
Is BlackCoin a NXT Clone?
Not clone lol...

Blackcoin is 1st coin which turn of POW system after dystrybution !...
Other coins like eg Mint are still in POW/POS mix.(maybe 1 coin reward for POW block but allways).
BC transactions are in 5-15s usually. Other POS coins in reality have "POW" part and that is why they are bit slower.

Nxt was distrybuted in other way NXT was 1st POS in system
but Blackcoin was 1st coin distributed by POW system and it turned off POW and switched to pure POS.

BC is not clone NXT.
March 15, 2014, 03:16:36 PM
Is BlackCoin a NXT Clone?
Pages:
Jump to: