Pages:
Author

Topic: blindmixer.com - CLOSED - page 2. (Read 1185 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 09, 2023, 05:12:48 AM
Service still working?
Since you sent me a PM, I'll respond here: I can't tell you if it's still working Sad OP hasn't been on Bitcointalk for almost half a year.

Is it possible to reverse a deposit?
No. Bitcoin transactions are irreversible.

Why would you use a custodial wallet (that lies about fees) for any substantial amount anyway? There are many wallets that don't require you to trust an anonymous third party.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018
February 07, 2023, 06:48:36 PM
Service still working?
Is it possible to reverse a deposit?
copper member
Activity: 29
Merit: 28
September 23, 2022, 07:38:44 AM
We are having issues with our provider of hosting. We are trying to solve this before migrating.

There is about 0.02BTC hooked in that we currently know of which includes the BTC from above poster.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Issue resolved!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 22, 2022, 04:25:16 AM
hello, how to solve the problem with displaying confirmations in the mixer? For more than 2 days I have been waiting for at least more than 150 confirmations on the network.you don't answer email.
 btc address mixer bc1qqu7cmestvtyakkeg5twcdcf76nc2k8k4q9a3pk 
Activity: 2
August 06, 2022, 12:20:10 PM
hello guys, got into a sad situation associated with the use of this service.
I topped up my wallet, requested a withdrawal (~650k sat.) and that's it. The transaction has not been transferred to my details, its status is "Hookout is in queue!" already a week, also emailed "[email protected]" but haven't received a response in 5+ days.
I ask the owners of the service to contact me.
Resolved, sorry. Your transaction was stuck due to lack of initiating transactions.
It's okay. thank you!
copper member
August 06, 2022, 11:17:48 AM
I topped up my wallet, requested a withdrawal (~650k sat.) and that's it. The transaction has not been transferred to my details, its status is "Hookout is in queue!" already a week, also emailed "[email protected]" but haven't received a response in 5+ days.
Resolved, sorry. Your transaction was stuck due to lack of initiating transactions.
Activity: 2
August 05, 2022, 07:47:32 AM
copper member
April 29, 2022, 04:01:42 PM
Please note: the wallet has been updated!

New wallet file:
Code:
https://mixer.blindmixer.com/main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js#7fWgpIBtNrbSUMNkB1aVSA9bWnRyEqw0NogHk7V4FaY=

Updated Signature:
Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iHUEABYKAB0WIQQc46fSQnUrlHD2WF+RIzyGWiysCQUCYmrw5QAKCRCRIzyGWiys CZnQAQCPuuLObmXHMy4KdmbjuuD2k2iZ3BJVMUoiadY3+5AhZwD8CojLdCnRaB3N AdZklGxOpLN1+cmMnVz8qyfrJGnoNQY= =bafc -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Get the signature:

Code:
curl https://updates.blindmixer.com | grep -Po '"'"signature"'"\s*:\s*"\K([^"]*)' | awk '{gsub("\\\\n","\n")};1' > main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js.asc
curl https://mixer.blindmixer.com/main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js > main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js
gpg --verify main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js.asc main.3b3a02afbe328e2366eb.js
^ Probably an easier way to do this Smiley

Let us know what you think!
copper member
March 29, 2022, 10:22:43 AM
Hi everyone! We're looking for your feedback!

If you wish to review our service and let us know what we could improve on feel free to comment.

An update on this:
B. You speak of tor so much, yet blindmixer does not work in the tor browser?
We're not sure what changed but our wallet now works by default if you use the standard tor browser settings.

If you use the tor browser in combination with something like Tails (4.28) you still need to go to

Code:
about:config ->> dom.indexedDB.privateBrowsing.enabled
or manually open a "non-private" window, as that seems to be default behaviour. (browser.privatebrowsing.autostart)
copper member
January 06, 2022, 12:45:48 PM
Both the testnet and mainnet are back online!

We've updated our business model and will no longer "wipe" the custodian.
Instead: every 4 weeks we will regenerate our signing keys. Coins which were acknowledged with keys from previous periods will have their value reduced by 1% with respect to their original value. To mitigate large differences between the time you have to spend your coins without any additional "decay" there will be a 4 week grace period before any decay is applied.

So you have until the end of current period + end of next period (at least 4, max 8 weeks) to spend your coins without any additional fees.

Let us know what you think!

Maximum amount that can be swapped on Boltz exchange is only 0.1 BTC and that is not nearly enough for most people.
You could always do multiple transfers.

I think that sideshift.a and fixedfloat.com offer larger amount for swapping but they are not trustless or noncustodial, but using any of this defeats the purpose of using mixer in the first place.
Not really though. If you use them through us it will generally speaking be very hard for them (boltz) to link your on-chain deposit that you have with us to the payment of the lightning invoice.

Sure, you could also just use your own lightning node and loop your own on-chain funds in to pay the invoice [1] but that is already far too technical for most users.

[1] Not knowledgeable on how private loop is, though I assume that at the very least the Loop server knows the destination of an off-chain transaction...

Also at that point you might as well just use loop as a "mixer" and discard boltz completely. Much cheaper. Though indeed, doing this with loop or any direct transfer with fixedfloat and boltz will only achieve unlinkability to an observer.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
December 31, 2021, 08:51:37 AM
Generate a swap from LN-BTC to BTC on BOLTZ.exchange
Maximum amount that can be swapped on Boltz exchange is only 0.1 BTC and that is not nearly enough for most people.
I think that sideshift.a and fixedfloat.com offer larger amount for swapping but they are not trustless or noncustodial, but using any of this defeats the purpose of using mixer in the first place.
copper member
December 30, 2021, 07:28:58 PM
Hi everyone, a quick word from us:

Over the past couple of weeks we've seen that there are some users who swap some bitcoins in and immediately swap the same amount out again, which usually results in them getting their own inputs back as that is the most optimal solution our coin-selection can come up with.

Now we could and probably will disable our coin-selection from allowing the newest inputs to be used in a withdrawal at the cost of some efficiency, but here's what you can do yourself to increase your privacy:

We recommend that you either hook out partial amounts totalling your deposit, wait a bit for your funds to be used by other users, or for you to reverse swap your bitcoins out using a trustless third-party such as BOLTZ.exchange

The latest works as follows:
1. Deposit bitcoin normally using one of your deposit addresses.
2. Generate a swap from LN-BTC to BTC on BOLTZ.exchange

3. Pay the lightning invoice by pasting the invoice in the "Send" field.

You will immediately receive the BTC on the bitcoin address you gave them. This swap with boltz is completely trustless. Unfortunately boltz does charge a 0.5% fee.
This is really just a temporary solution until we get more users in which case this will gradually become less of a problem.

Unless you forget about them for too long. How about an alternative: instead of expiring instantly at a certain moment, could you charge a daily fee for storing the value of the giftcard? If you charge for example 0.02% of the value per day, that amounts to 7% per year and in exchange giftcards never have to expire.

We have more or less implemented this, however, due to the nature of the custodian it will be hard to make this backward compatible which is why we have decided that the wipe will continue as planned.

We (a very quick estimate) estimate that there currently is still between 0.002 - 0.01BTC deposited by users that has not been withdrawn yet, which is why it doesn't make much sense for us to code in some exceptions that will barely if ever be used.

After this wipe we will make use of our new system which gradually decreases the value of a coin as time goes by. We're currently thinking this to be roughly one percentage point every 4 weeks with a 4 week grace period, so you will always have at least 4 weeks to spend your coins without any additional fees.

Let us know if you have any questions about the nature of the new business model or if anything needs to be explained in further detail.

Expect some downtime (12-24h) after
Code:
2022-01-01T05:00:00.000Z
legendary
October 16, 2021, 06:00:35 AM
Maybe for small amounts if there's a useful application for it, just like I'm okay having small amounts of Lightning funds in a custodial wallet.
For a relatively long time?
I've had funds in a custodial LN wallet for over 2 years. I actually lost a small amount due to an uninstalled wallet for which I can't find back the picture I took of the backup QR-code. This could be considered profit for the wallet, but they can never know if the user won't find back the backup years later.

So really there would be little to no difference between us and any other custodial, centralized mixer. If you think about it this is also exactly what you are doing with more "traditional" mixers: you're swapping real** bitcoins for a promise of future** real bitcoins.
But the "traditional" promise doesn't expire: you get your Bitcoins after a certain amount of time.

blindmixer is really no different just because we have packaged it in a more sophisticated way. you swap real bitcoins for giftcards (a promise to future real bitcoins), and you can immediately at will converse those back to real bitcoins.
Unless you forget about them for too long. How about an alternative: instead of expiring instantly at a certain moment, could you charge a daily fee for storing the value of the giftcard? If you charge for example 0.02% of the value per day, that amounts to 7% per year and in exchange giftcards never have to expire.
copper member
October 15, 2021, 04:00:39 PM
But that's also the problem I have with it: Bitcoin isn't a gift card, private keys are forever!

I appreciate being open about this, I just don't think people will exchange their Bitcoin for a gift card. Maybe for small amounts if there's a useful application for it, just like I'm okay having small amounts of Lightning funds in a custodial wallet.
For a relatively long time? I'd agree with you. In those instances you should only leave small amounts to for example leverage our lightning capabilities to pay for every-day goods.

However the success of more traditional mixers has shown us that there is definitely a demand for mixing moderate to large amounts of funds by means of a custodial, centralized third-party (= traditional mixer). You can do exactly that by swapping back your "giftcards" (unblinded coins) shortly after receiving them, with the speed of a database query.

So really there would be little to no difference between us and any other custodial, centralized mixer. If you think about it this is also exactly what you are doing with more "traditional" mixers: you're swapping real** bitcoins for a promise of future** real bitcoins.

blindmixer is really no different just because we have packaged it in a more sophisticated way. you swap real bitcoins for giftcards (a promise to future real bitcoins), and you can immediately at will converse those back to real bitcoins.

Now the "useful applications" for doing such an operation are listed in the OP and follow from what traditional mixers offer but blindmixer also offers (and perhaps negates) some features such as:
A. being able to choose how to "swap out" these funds (lightning or a regular transaction)
B. Added proveable* privacy. The most prominent feature is that these giftcards are "blinded", and as such we don't know which "promise" belongs to you so to speak. * The degree in which this privacy is acquired is largely dependant on how you use us. This applies to both the on-chain vector and the custodian vector.

Let me also just repeat that the giftcard itself is signed by the custodian using the corresponding public key (depending on the magnitude). Now the giftcard or "coin" is nothing more than a public key and so you use the corresponding private key to prove ownership when conversing it back to real bitcoins, leaving little to no room for the custodian to scam you as an individual without it being proveable.

future* = no matter how short, can be five minutes or a day.
real* = bitcoins only you have the private key to.
legendary
October 15, 2021, 01:30:51 PM
We also have a small section on the site:
https://blindmixer.com/business-model/
I like how you compare it to gift cards:
blindmixer works similar to a gift card provider. Instead of gift cards, blindmixer provides you with coins, which you can trade for bitcoin. However, instead of taking a fee when conversing, as most gift card providers do, blindmixer will once in a while reclaim all the "dead" gift cards (coins) which have yet to be used. This allows us to run all of our services at cost, which provides clients with the lowest possible fees. This is done by rolling over the custodian every so often.
But that's also the problem I have with it: Bitcoin isn't a gift card, private keys are forever!

Alternatively say we would never exit-scam (obviously not our intention), would you rather pay a fixed fee of ~ 1% in return for a "promise" that we so long as bitcoin exists guarantee your funds?

That would also be misleading:
A. We cannot promise anything forever.
B. We cannot promise someone does not somehow exploit our software.
C. We cannot promise we do not get seized.
I appreciate being open about this, I just don't think people will exchange their Bitcoin for a gift card. Maybe for small amounts if there's a useful application for it, just like I'm okay having small amounts of Lightning funds in a custodial wallet. But even though all the same limitations apply to for instance BlueWallet, they're not scheduling regular "exits" by taking all user funds.
copper member
October 15, 2021, 12:56:20 PM
Note that the on-chain fees listed are not 100% accurate.

Following is taken from your portal @ https://blindmixer.com/fees
Since we are not collecting profit from these fees, our business model is based in locking in the bitcoin deposited in the system and not withdrawn for 12-24 months.

WTF does this mean?

You'll take my Bitcoin, if I don't touch it for a year? Roll Eyes

More or less. Please see:

C. How do you make money?
Answer: We wipe the custodian every so often. This means that all the funds that are still present in the custodian at that moment in time, we claim for ourselves, and the signing keys will be regenerated. This has some significant advantages:
I. We can run our services at cost. II. We are disincentivized to exit-scam. III. Other users are disincentivized to exploit our software (and more likely to report it for a share of future profits), as there'll be less funds present than if we weren't to rollover given that over time there will be a set percentage of users who will forget about their wallet, not care, or are otherwise unable to access it.

In your mixing wallet, you can see exactly when the wipe is scheduled for your custodian (https://mixer.blindmixer.com/, once logged in head over to "FAQ"), and we also mention it above (see: Rollover Date)

You're right, though I think we can partly attribute it to people thinking of us being a "wallet" wallet, which is not really the case. Poor marketing from our side but it should become extremely clear that we're not at all a wallet in the traditional sense of the word, and more of an intermediary. say like a giftcard (provider). Those expire.. well sometimes at least  Undecided

Also it would become very attractive for us to exit-scam as it is just a given that there's funds that will be left by some % of users. Perhaps if we offer the community a share in this it might become more acceptable? (the rollover profits that is)

It's also great to have these kind of cut-off points so that when a breach happens, there's not years worth of deposits lost, but instead it is contained for some period. As once we're breached, an attacker could sign for any voucher, basically invalidating all outstanding ones.

We also have a small section on the site:
https://blindmixer.com/business-model/

Let me know what your thoughts are after reading this.

Alternatively say we would never exit-scam (obviously not our intention), would you rather pay a fixed fee of ~ 1% in return for a "promise" that we so long as bitcoin exists guarantee your funds?

That would also be misleading:
A. We cannot promise anything forever.
B. We cannot promise someone does not somehow exploit our software.
C. We cannot promise we do not get seized.

Now the latter two points we cannot promise in the current environment either, but they would be much more harmful if executed in a setting where we wouldn't wipe.
Activity: 95
Merit: 9
Devil's Advocate
October 15, 2021, 12:33:47 PM
Following is taken from your portal @ https://blindmixer.com/fees
Since we are not collecting profit from these fees, our business model is based in locking in the bitcoin deposited in the system and not withdrawn for 12-24 months.

WTF does this mean?

You'll take my Bitcoin, if I don't touch it for a year? Roll Eyes
copper member
October 09, 2021, 04:37:07 PM
it follows that you can also use the same lightning invoices to internally pay other blindmixer users.
Can I not make Lightning Payment to anywhere?
Yes you can! With the same privacy as an on-chain withdrawal.

But you still need advertising, don't you?

We do, but we are largely just a bunch of hobbyists. As a result the marketing budget for this project is rather tight. Perhaps in the future this might change.

As I said, within the bounds of what is possible for us financially we're willing to do anything to ensure adoption.

Currently that would be kind of limited to committing to sharing future profits with the community, which is admittedly a bit cheap, especially if we were to use that as some kind of currency to pay people in given the uncertainty of the success of our product.

Hence the hesitation.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
October 09, 2021, 11:51:13 AM
Now aside from that we also offer lightning, so say you want to buy something at Bitrefill every so often, you can use our wallet to instantly buy products with barely any transaction fees.
When I am using your wallet, I am actually sending the coins from a mixer all the time. Fair enough.

so perhaps all users who "sign up" (= leave a comment) for it are automatically eligible, much like a giveaway.
But you still need advertising, don't you?
copper member
October 09, 2021, 09:46:53 AM
I see you are a wallet and a mixer. Let's dive into the wallet part later. Give me reasons why would I use your mixer when I already have a proven and reputed service in my reach. It's a question from a customer's point of view. I am sure who use mixers they already are with some services, what is your key offering for the users to move to you?

Hah. A couple things right off the bat; we are not necessarily trying to get people to "move" away from already existing services. I think we can perfectly co-exist with any (mixing) service currently out there.
Now, assuming that we have *some* liquidity (liquidity in this context = some N of people using us), I think we offer a truly unique product namely "provable privacy". Due to our usage of blind signatures we do not know what your inputs and outputs are, unlike traditional mixers. So depending on the amount of privacy you want, (and how comfortable you are with using a relatively unknown product) you can use an already existing more traditional mixer, us, or something like monero.

Now aside from that we also offer lightning, so say you want to buy something at Bitrefill every so often, you can use our wallet to instantly buy products with barely any transaction fees.
it follows that you can also use the same lightning invoices to internally pay other blindmixer users.

Now we're a "wallet" because that is the most convenient way to integrate the entire blind signature scheme. Both to generate and use (un)blinded vouchers you need to engage in some signing sessions, store some variables, that kind of stuff. As i explained above the scheme cannot exist otherwise.

We can't just give you your blinded signatures without you generating them (the challenge for it) first, which is something that's sort of similar to generating a private key in terms of confidentiality, and storing the variables you used to create the challenge as you'll need those to unblind the signature later on. So we created a "wallet" that does all of the above for you.

By the way, a lot of information on the main thread. I think you really need a good design to serve visually, it's easier for the visitors to give a quick scan before they look for details.
Right.

If you need help in it along with bitcointalk marketing (for example signature campaign), then feel free to reach out to me.
Hah. Perhaps. What we are definitely interested in is giving the community a stake in our profits, so say we give away 50% or more to people who are interested in it, for really nothing in return but some advertising.

I don't think we want to necessarily do that through a sig campaign as such promises are cheap and will probably underwhelm, so perhaps all users who "sign up" (= leave a comment) for it are automatically eligible, much like a giveaway.
Then just (real profits/2)/(amount of people who signed up). Now this will of course be auditable (by us publishing a "complete"* copy of our DB).

* Not entirely sure if we can cheat on this by deleting certain entries from the DB, perhaps that's a possibility.
Pages:
Jump to: