Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter USB Three Days of Mining lottery - 0.1 BTC prize - closed - page 2. (Read 2838 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
cgminer 4.9.1 on a raspberry pi2

Built from commit # 57de2cc.  The newer commits wouldn't build for me at the time (Mar 7).

BTCdig seems to be claiming my hashrate is a little low; slightly in range for this lottery.  currently 207 hourly.  I started mining about 2 minutes before the official start of the contest, so it doesn't leave much room for mining to be down for any reason (internet going down, cat pulling on a usb cable, etc)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Also, out of interest, who's using what versions of cgminer? I'm on 3.1.1 with the -S flag in play.
Same here, but only because @ID is running off of a basement machine and I don't want to mess around with drivers on that thing.

What about waiting 8 hours?
Unfortunately for you, math tells me that 8 out of 72 hours is 11.11% - so even if all samples from here on are valid, there's no way to reach 90% anymore.  You're free to continue mining just for the heck of it, of course - or try your luck in one of the other two Block Erupter USB contests, modding a Block Erupter USB or guessing USB mining devices Smiley

Fortunately for the rest of you, sidehack's loss is your gain as this increases your odds of winning Wink
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Turning money into heat since 2011.
Also, out of interest, who's using what versions of cgminer? I'm on 3.1.1 with the -S flag in play.
Fresh install of BFGminer 5.1 for me. 
I haven't been mining anything via USB since I turned off my silence/efficiency modified BFL singles last year (40GH @110W vs 60GH @300W).
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/post-sales-and-customer-service/8261-underclock-single-2.html#post81128
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
That doesn't mean that you should wait 6 hours to start mining, however, as you will have some invalid samples due to variance even at vardiff=2 Smiley

What about waiting 8 hours?

FUN > ROI
It's 2015-05-01 12:00am PST - registration is now closed, and mining should commence.  If you aren't mining yet - not to worry, as long as 90% of the samples over the next 3 days are good, you'll be fine.  That doesn't mean that you should wait 6 hours to start mining, however, as you will have some invalid samples due to variance even at vardiff=2 Smiley

As there are 6 miners, you basically have a 1 in 6 chance of winning BTC0.1 .  To compare that to regular mining, you would need 28,170 Block Erupter USBs at stock frequency to mine the same amount of BTC at a 0% fee pool at current difficulty.

Good luck, and may the block chain be in your favor Smiley
It's time  Wink

copy/paste successful, mining in progress.

Thanks TRS
FUN > ROI
TheRealSteve, I got both of your replies, thanks for the speedy reply.
No problem Smiley  user (BEUSB@6) and password* (PM) all set up.
* looking at it, you might want to copy/paste yours - I should have used Base58 encoding  Wink
I feel silly, I verified the OP message/BTC address and left that in my clipboard and pasted it into the PM requesting entry into this contest.  Asking payment to go back to TheRealSteve.

TheRealSteve, I got both of your replies, thanks for the speedy reply.

Everyone can laugh at me.
FUN > ROI
Just a heads-up: only ~55 minutes left to sign up and start hashing.
Edit: 10 minutes left.
FUN > ROI
Count me in on this. I just forgot to say something sooner.
No prob - bit over 3 hours left Smiley  User (BEUSB@5) and password (see PM) all set up.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Count me in on this. I just forgot to say something sooner.
FUN > ROI
Count me in! I even have one that is overclocked.
Wouldn't use an overclocked one - you'll quickly fall outside the acceptable range Smiley  Username (BEUSB@4) and password (see PM) on their way.
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Count me in! I even have one that is overclocked.
FUN > ROI
Thanks a bunch! Just plugged one of these little pieces of history in and hashing away. It feels like 2013. Smiley
But with greater ROI Wink (though FUN > ROI, of course)

Sound like fun, I'm in!  I have about 50 of these packed away.  Been turning them into UARTs to use with other hardware.
They do make decent generic USBser devices; CP2102 is a decent chip Smiley  If you do want to join in with one of them, just say the word Smiley
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Sound like fun, I'm in!  I have about 50 of these packed away.  Been turning them into UARTs to use with other hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Your username (BEUSB@3) / pass (see PM) are on their way.  Keep in mind that you should only use a single one, or your apparent hash rate will be too high Smiley
Thanks a bunch! Just plugged one of these little pieces of history in and hashing away. It feels like 2013. Smiley

I wish all participants good luck!

Will be busy the next days with observing hashrates. Grin
FUN > ROI
May I ask to join in or is it to late? Just found three old BE's. Wink
There's a few hours left Smiley
registration closes at midnight; current time pst
Your username (BEUSB@3) / pass (see PM) are on their way.  Keep in mind that you should only use a single one, or your apparent hash rate will be too high Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
May I ask to join in or is it to late? Just found three old BE's. Wink
FUN > ROI
BEUSB@1 has joined in and we're almost breaking 1Gh/s Wink
https://btcdig.com/user/toplist/
FUN > ROI
I wondered if the first miner in the stats was yours (wake it up.  It looks a little sluggish).
I know, BEUSB@ID is a tad slow, but there's a reason for that - It's still within range, so it's all good Wink

Am I correct in assuming that these miners are collectively displayed as "Team BEUSB" at https://btcdig.com/user/toplist/ ?
That is correct - and we're not in last place Grin

Pages:
Jump to: