Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain - Account emptied overnight? - page 2. (Read 458 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 02:48:40 AM
Thanks Potato Chips for your reply,

Not the best news and not a total fortune lost...but it was sad to see them go. I hadn't checked my account in years and to my surprise, I had about .008 BTC in there. It was worth nothing back then and is worth about $1k today, I was so excited to follow over the last couple of weeks and now its gone again. The worst bit is I can see it sitting there at its destination

EDIT: Just so everyone knows..This all happened inside the Blockchain App, I have all the security steps set up for web access.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
December 07, 2017, 02:38:05 AM
It's the classic compromised wallet which is very common in web wallets. What happened most likely is for some reason (Phishing links, Keyloggers, malwares, someone you know peeking at your seed etc.) the hacker must've got a hold of your credentials and transferred the funds in his wallet.

Unfortunately, Since bitcoin transactions are pseudonymous and irreversible once confirmed, there's nothing else you you can do. Lesson learned is to use a much safer wallet. I suggest spending a small amount of money to buy a hardware wallet e.g. ledger, trezor.  If not there's electrum (SPV - desktop) or mycelium (Android). But please note that most of the time you will be the one protecting your coins since your wallet can't protect it for example if someone did get a hold of your credentials e.g. seed, private keys, PIN etc.. A simple google search should help you with that.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 12:26:29 AM
Hi all

Can someone please give some advise, this is my last 24 hours...

1: Dec 6, 2017 @ 07:31AM Blockchain app suggests that I move my funds from paper and back it up, so I do and there's a small transaction fee. (From my paper wallet to "My Bitcoin Wallet",
, Classed as "Transferred" and confirmed. Funds are seen in my Wallet

2: Dec 7 2017 @12:59AM - Transaction "Sent" from "My Bitcoin Wallet" to unknown address.... My account now empty

3: I recover my account to see if that makes any difference and it is still empty.

4: I cannot log into Blockchain online as I am now not receiving the verification emails, I can, however, see the account on my phone app.

Can someone please tell me what's going on?

Many thanks in advance

CSM
Pages:
Jump to: