Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain and carbon credits market. - page 2. (Read 412 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
October 09, 2018, 06:48:13 AM
I've seen many projects about this but it seems most of them are lacking on something. Carbon credit market is a Billion dollar industry and applying blockchain will be good for both industry.
The problem is that blockchain can be used correctly and amazingly in carbon credit market but it is such a huge entry barrier that any low effort would not create any dent into the market. If you want to somehow merge carbon credits market and crypto (well blockchain to be exact) than you would have to do it really big and get into it really highly otherwise it would mean there are no way you can even contact the people needed to get into this.

For example I can just want to start this but I wouldn't know even where to start. This means unless some huge company in the business already decides to do it, it won't happen.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
October 07, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
For my country (Ukraine), the topic of carbon credits is not at all familiar. We just figured out the blockchain and mastered the cryptocurrency market. Hopefully, we will also be able to have a good project that will unite crypto and the struggle for a good ecology.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 07, 2018, 10:59:02 AM
Carbon credits are of a huge amount in the current market and also crypto friendly. So merging those two ought to be beneficial for the investors.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 07, 2018, 10:41:04 AM
Cryptocurrency has the ability to change things for the better but at the same time there are necessary steps needed to be taken before its involvement in any sort of market, carbon credits or otherwise.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
October 07, 2018, 06:53:30 AM
Blockchain,the electronic ledger technology underpinning bitcoin,has been used to address pollution and energy consumption. The tokens could be traded on a distributed, open-source blockchain exchange run by start-up stellar.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
October 07, 2018, 03:40:33 AM
There are blockchains which are already involved in carbon credit market.
VeChain already developed a carbon credit app with the help of BYD automobile manufacturer and DNV-GL which will be used on the VeChain blockchain. I hope that it will go live soon.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 06, 2018, 05:08:57 PM
Actually blockchain can work for every industry. How about IBM?

IBM thinks blockchains can help reduce carbon emissions

I searched for projects that focuses with it and they are plenty of them, I'm not sure on who are the legit ones.
copper member
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
October 04, 2018, 08:40:46 PM
I've seen many projects about this but it seems most of them are lacking on something. Carbon credit market is a billion dollar industry and applying blockchain will be good for both industry.
Pages:
Jump to: