Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain-based anti-counterfiet drugs made by Students from Cebu Phillippines - page 2. (Read 368 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Shoutout to my alma mater. Proud of these guys.

From what I noticed, majority of ICO projects that related to medical always failed. That thinks of me that blockchain isn't really fit to medical industry. But these guys successfully explained or shows to what are the benefits and advantages of applying blockchain on that field and won the 2nd place. I wonder what's the concept of the team who got the first place?

Didn't read yet the whole details on how they won or what"s the concept is all about. Congratulations guys.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11

Click the image for the source

Since I am in the Pharmaceutical field, too. I am very much happy and proud that these students from University of San Carlos (Cebu City, Phillippines) made a blockchain technology leveraging healthcare field in Pharmaceutical supply. Their team called, "MediSure" compete in  2019 International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL) at the Hong kong Science and Technology Parks, InnoCentre and won 2nd place with silver medal.

The main goal is to integrate blockchain-based technology in the Pharmaceutical system to bust and prevent all the counterfiet drugs. It was amazing that these young minds think of a good way on how to stop the spreading of fake medicines. There are so many counterfeit drugs that are still proliferating and widespread in different pharmacy outlets.

I do hope this is the solution to finally put an end to this kind of illegal actions. As we all know these counterfeit drugs may cause danger because it may contain different or wrong active ingredient that may have no effect or worst be the cause of death of an individual.

Salute to the Students of USC “MediSure” who made this anti-drug counterfeiting platform.

Full link here.

Congratulations to these young students from Philippines that shows interest in Blockchain applying to different ways of system so this means that Blockchain is already in mind of a young people especially in schooling .
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I'm on my way to becoming a Pathologist myself, and seeing that there are efforts to at least lessen the issue for counterfeit drugs--which is very widespread and evident within the Philippines btw--this melts my heart in a good way. I, for one, am an advocate of selling counterfeit drugs that came from questionable sources which poor people often clings to because they have no money. By creating such a thing, perhaps we can combat this growing pain in the medical field and put an end to this underground trade which even registered doctors are facilitating, sadly. Anyway though, kudos to these kids for integrating blockchain and showing people that it's not exclusive to FinTech but also has its own various applications on other fields!
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
This is a great news for a country that has an ever growing army of blockchain enthusiasts and hopefully blockchain professionals! and its entry into the academe only proves that indeed, application of blockchain technology is finally being recognized and will result to great benefits in many sectors making it inevitable part of our lives in the near future. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
It was funny in a way because I know an ICO project which basically aims to do the same thing. It would be great if these students get enough support and run a pilot project in one or two hospitals.

Good luck for those kids, hopefully, they'll pursue a career in a blockchain business later on and create many contributions.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

Click the image for the source

Since I am in the Pharmaceutical field, too. I am very much happy and proud that these students from University of San Carlos (Cebu City, Phillippines) made a blockchain technology leveraging healthcare field in Pharmaceutical supply. Their team called, "MediSure" compete in  2019 International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL) at the Hong kong Science and Technology Parks, InnoCentre and won 2nd place with silver medal.

The main goal is to integrate blockchain-based technology in the Pharmaceutical system to bust and prevent all the counterfiet drugs. It was amazing that these young minds think of a good way on how to stop the spreading of fake medicines. There are so many counterfeit drugs that are still proliferating and widespread in different pharmacy outlets.

I do hope this is the solution to finally put an end to this kind of illegal actions. As we all know these counterfeit drugs may cause danger because it may contain different or wrong active ingredient that may have no effect or worst be the cause of death of an individual.

Salute to the Students of USC “MediSure” who made this anti-drug counterfeiting platform.

Full link here.
Pages:
Jump to: