Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain Bubble in the Making? Memories of 2000 Tech Bubble - page 2. (Read 1386 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
One reason these ICOs are raising so much money as that the value of a lot of coins has risen dramatically.

Anybody that has been around for a few years can have thousands and thousands of USD worth in coins at the moment.

These coins however, cannot ALL be cashed at that price. So the USD value may be quite high, the actual value after selling (if they do) mayh not even be close to what they raised.

I think that there will be a lot of vaporware that doesnt need blockchain to run but still raises a lot of money and that will ultimately cause the bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
i don't understand the choice of terminology!

your article keeps repeating "blockchain bubble", but blockchain is just the public ledger that holds all the transaction data in other words it is the Chain of Blocks. so the word "blockchain bubble" is meaningless in my opinion!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
As the ICOs continue rolling out with millions of dollars being raised it begs the question if this is the beginning of a blockchain bubble.  In the last week we have seen the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum move all over the place.

Read More:  https://urbancrypto.com/blockchain-bubble-in-the-making/
Pages:
Jump to: